The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:24:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale  (Read 18696 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Windows User Linux User
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2018, 08:03:51 am »

All that matters in a relegation fight is the result. To lose at home to the team 2nd from bottom is an awful outcome whichever way it is looked at.
The players and manager took the praise that was due against Blackburn, now they have to admit they were poor against a poor team. Terrible result, not good enough if the team really want to avoid relegation.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2018, 08:12:15 am »

For me the blame lies solely with  JFH....

We were not too great prior to Facey’s injury, but I (don’t) agree on hindsight the decision to play Poole at three at the back and change the system for it! That clearly did not work. Apart from the  goalie most players had an off day! The passing was poor from the off. To blame JFH for the loss is easy, for me the players are mostly accountable for the defeat. The Crooks/Grimes combo was found wanting perhaps we can only use one of them in midfield. Bring back JJOT to a more orthodox midfield position and stick vL in his place. Would prefer Crooks to Grimes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:18:13 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2018, 08:15:45 am »

Not a good day at the office for the team or its manager.  The injury to Facey was not handled well by JFH who wrongly switched us to a 3 -5-1-1 formation and put Perreira on covering duties which he is clearly not able to perform.  JGH must have known that.  Perreira is a luxury player and I doubt that we can afford to play him much in our precarious position.   Credit to Rochdale for out thinking and out playing us. JJOT was marked out of the match and with him being ineffective the rest of the side could not string a pass together.  

Wimbledon  was always important but now that much more so.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2018, 08:26:52 am »

My concern is that with so many players at his disposal, if we have a couple of poor results he could spend the rest of the season trying to fix it. This was always a fear when he clearly likes a tinker.
I did have a wry smile of those claiming to bet on the play offs/promotion without actually seeing how we’d shape up. For me we still actually lack players for the scrap ahead but hopefully yesterday was a blip.
Big game next week and I actually think we could do with some ‘harder’ games to bring the best out of us.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2018, 09:11:15 am »

All that matters in a relegation fight is the result. To lose at home to the team 2nd from bottom is an awful outcome whichever way it is looked at.
The players and manager took the praise that was due against Blackburn, now they have to admit they were poor against a poor team. Terrible result, not good enough if the team really want to avoid relegation.
I disagree that Rochdale were a poor team. I thought that they played well, took the game to us, tactically out thought us and deserved the 3 points. With their 4 games in hand I would say they are in a false position.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2018, 09:17:00 am »

I thought yesterday was one of the poorest performances by an NTFC manager in a very long time.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:40 am »

For a bloke Crooks's size hes a bit powder puff unless hes riled, that sprint to take out the Rochdale player was the hardest he worked all day, and quite honestly should have been sent off for such a wreckless challenge. Id drop him, and stick the far more energetic and and mobile Foley in there who at least looks up for the battle
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2018, 10:13:16 am »

Agree on Crooks, he ambles around. Doesn't ever seem to be giving his all.
Report Spam   Logged
wingman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2018, 10:48:57 am »

Crooks is a bit of an enigma, wins the ball well and runs well with it, somehow he seems to end up in a cul-de-sac and gets bewildered with what he is going to do with it, too many passes go astray and gets caught in possession too often.
There is a good player in there, it might just be a confidence thing.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2018, 10:50:38 am »

It's strange how Rochdale seem to be our bogey side, irregardless where they might be in the league, history seems to matter, Why?
Add to that the magic words " haven't won away all season " and pile your money on it ! Cobblers doing What we do regularly.
It was never going to be an easy game, contrary to local belief ....now on all games will be tough against teams around us, fighting for their lives.
JFH was clearly out- thought by their Manager.
We started badly and never got going....Facey was having a poor game anyway, but his sub was disruptive.
The re-shuffle and subsequent formation was clearly wrong tactics.
To have , a luxury player like Hilde covering at Right back was crazy......evidence his effort/ lack of positioning/ that lead to the goal.
JJOT was clearly earmarked as our Lynch-pin and was successfully marked out the game.
Long's petulance is becoming annoying.....I fully  expected to see him picking up a second yellow.
Rochdale commitment and energy levels meant that they bossed the game from start to finish.
Their number 9 won every header and for once Taylor couldn't handle it.
Credit to O'Donnell who , only with the unsung Foley , came out of it with some distinction & had a good game.
Again we never seem to get the decisions from a referee....although you can't blame him for the defeat.

It will be interesting to see how we bounce back from this ....with another 6 pointer next up.
I would have preferred a so called tougher game ...which seem to bring the best out of us
Come on Jimmy sort it out and but don't be the Tinker man in the future.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2018, 10:56:54 am »

What an absolutely perfect summary of events.

I would only add that Grimes and Crooks together in midfield is too “powder puff”. I think you can have one or the other but need the likes of JJOT (ideally for me), Foley or McWilliams alongside them to add a bit of bite. Given the choice Grimes would be the one I’d drop, but he always gets the full 90 regardless.

Absolutely agree with this. Although they can both be very good players on their day, they only work well together when JJOT is playing AND on song because he does the dirty work for them and takes two players out of the game to give them time and space.

I'd only drop one of them or take one off if JJOT isn't playing or not firing. It would probably be Crooks, as Grimes' set pieces have been much better in recent weeks, and that's an important part of the game. Even yesterday, when we created virtually nothing, we came close to scoring twice from set pieces.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2018, 11:30:46 am »

They where good enough to win and defensively they played very well and their midfield more or less controlled the game. They looked better than the 3 teams we have beaten recently. So imo you are not (quite) correct with your appraisal. Not often I give grudging plaudits to the oppo.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 13:24:41 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #252 on: February 04, 2018, 13:11:46 pm »

Not sure if that is quite correct and seems abit OTT. I have difficulty recalling if Berto actually received a decent pass all the time he was on the pitch. He ended up looking lost and very disinterested so he was subbed. There is definitely a player there and with patience and encouragement he will score some outrageous goals/winners.
Might be a little ott, I admit. However, when getting the ball those few times, didn't seem to know what to do with it. Rest of the time appeared to be dancing infront of a Dale player in some attempt to retrieve the ball...only to get skinned!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 04, 2018, 13:23:26 pm »

They where good enough to win and defensively they played very well and their midfield more or less controlled the game. They looked better than the 3 teams we have beaten recently. So imo you are not correct with your appraisal. Not often I give grudging plaudits to the oppo.
Yes, Dale were a good team who played well! No, they hadn't won away but were a minute away from knocking out Millwall last Saturday. They have three or four games in hand over everyone else...it was us that were poor!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2018, 13:31:27 pm »

....it was us that were poor!

Think most of us realized that !

Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2018, 13:40:34 pm »

Wow what a dismal, boring and ultimately depressing way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Agree with most posts on here JFH got it badly wrong, but what is more worrying is the players just didn't seem up for the battle, this was epitomised by Crooks, he lumbers around the pitch, generally looks like he doesn't want to be there and just doesn't battle enough to play centre mid with Grimes.
For me Grimes is the better player and I would play JJOT next to him with Foley and the lad from Forest.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2018, 17:04:34 pm »

Wow what a dismal, boring and ultimately depressing way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Agree with most posts on here JFH got it badly wrong, but what is more worrying is the players just didn't seem up for the battle, this was epitomised by Crooks, he lumbers around the pitch, generally looks like he doesn't want to be there and just doesn't battle enough to play centre mid with Grimes.
For me Grimes is the better player and I would play JJOT next to him with Foley and the lad from Forest.
As mentioned already, extremely lucky not to have been sent off...again! Shocking challenge. Losing respect for the oaf to be honest. Poor, poor attitude!
Report Spam   Logged
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2018, 18:24:57 pm »

Think most of us realized that !

Please can the mods ban users who use American spelling; #idiot.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2018, 19:38:53 pm »

Please can the mods ban users who use American spelling; #idiot.

Realise or Realize—Which Should I Use?

Oxford University Press, prefer to use the -ize ending for words that derive from the Greek suffix -izo. Doing so reflects the origins of verbs and nouns, such as realization, organization, and privatization. An -ise ending could erroneously suggest that the verbs derive from the French verbs réaliser, organiser, or privatiser. That’s not to say that Oxford style always condemns -ise endings. To illustrate, the -ise of televise doesn’t have a Greek origin, so that -ise ending is A-okay.

#ίδιωτής
Report Spam   Logged

Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2018, 19:44:27 pm »

I disagree that Rochdale were a poor team. I thought that they played well, took the game to us, tactically out thought us and deserved the 3 points. With their 4 games in hand I would say they are in a false position.

Rubbish, they are where they are for a reason. Was that not there first away win in 12 months???
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: