The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 02:43:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rochdale

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rochdale  (Read 18699 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2018, 21:08:08 pm »

Rubbish, they are where they are for a reason. Was that not there first away win in 12 months???

They are where they are due to the games they have actually played. They are clearly in a false position due to the fact they have played fewer games. That’s a fact!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2018, 21:19:14 pm »

Realise or Realize—Which Should I Use?

Oxford University Press, prefer to use the -ize ending for words that derive from the Greek suffix -izo. Doing so reflects the origins of verbs and nouns, such as realization, organization, and privatization. An -ise ending could erroneously suggest that the verbs derive from the French verbs réaliser, organiser, or privatiser. That’s not to say that Oxford style always condemns -ise endings. To illustrate, the -ise of televise doesn’t have a Greek origin, so that -ise ending is A-okay.

#ίδιωτής

Neither is wrong but “ize” is preferred in North America whereas “ise” is preferred outside North America. You shouldn’t need to trawl the internet to find justification for your obvious error, any British person with half an education would immediately spot an American spelling of a word. The internet has contributed to a lot of younger Brits picking up on American spelling but you are far from being young.
Report Spam   Logged
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2018, 21:24:55 pm »

They are where they are due to the games they have actually played. They are clearly in a false position due to the fact they have played fewer games. That’s a fact!
Once again you are wrong, they have averaged less than a point a game. If they had played the same amount of games as the teams above them and still averaged less than a point a game then they would still be 23rd. FACT.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2018, 22:55:26 pm »

And the fact they haven't won an away game in 12 months before coming to sixfields 😉
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2018, 23:58:36 pm »

Neither is wrong but “ize” is preferred in North America whereas “ise” is preferred outside North America. You shouldn’t need to trawl the internet to find justification for your obvious error, any British person with half an education would immediately spot an American spelling of a word. The internet has contributed to a lot of younger Brits picking up on American spelling but you are far from being young.

I know you have an issue with ize/ise ; you have reprimanded some on here before. If you don’t mind I prefer to remember my old Greek tutor comments. It’s not really an error to use both. Also you don’t need to patronise me either!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 09:54:12 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #265 on: February 05, 2018, 00:33:50 am »

Please can the mods ban users who use American spelling; #idiot.

It's not too often that Evers and I sit on the same side of the fence, but it isn't he who is the '#idiot' in this case. There are a sizable number of ise/ize words which are interchangeable, and thus there is no incorrect spelling. As for the validity of your claim that 'realize' is only for idiots and Americans; it was the eighteenth century before anyone even thought of using 'ise' in preference to 'ize'. So, if you really want to be picky over the correct spelling, then history and common sense would suggest a preference for 'realize'. #anallyretentive
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #266 on: February 05, 2018, 05:59:11 am »

Isn’t the internet a wonderful thing...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #267 on: February 05, 2018, 06:55:54 am »

The more I think about it , the more I think Saturday was ineptitude from JFH .
Why on earth use that game to experiment with three at the back hen clearly no one knew what they were doing . Poole and McWilliams were ideal replacements for Facey .
Why play Foley at right wing back when he simply isn’t one and it showed .
Berto was the natural replacement for Facey but looked like he didn’t have a clue - why ?
Berto is massively unfit - why is he starting ?
I also can’t understand why he didn’t bring McWilliams on to shore things up in the middle .
All a bit of a mess .
Out thought , out fought , out played .
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 05, 2018, 07:18:34 am »

I'm hoping this game is the proverbial kick up the backside we need to stay up. After some good results and performances and the hype and buzz around the signings maybe we were a bit too relaxed.

That said, JFH oh dear oh dear. Just when it looks like things are on the up he throws a curveball in the formation. Please please learn from it this time.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 05, 2018, 07:41:51 am »

I know you have an issue with ize/use ; you have reprimanded some on here before. If you don’t mind I prefer to remember my old Greek tutor comments. It’s not really an error to use both. Also you don’t need to patronise me either!

Patronise or patronize?
American spellings are for America, English for UK.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 05, 2018, 08:28:10 am »

Once again you are wrong, they have averaged less than a point a game. If they had played the same amount of games as the teams above them and still averaged less than a point a game then they would still be 23rd. FACT.

They are a good side and proved it on Saturday. Your ‘facts’ are misleading. Get over it we were beaten by the better side on the day.

Ps it’s not a fact(yet) yr fact is based on a supposition 😃
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:04:04 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 05, 2018, 08:29:07 am »

And the fact they haven't won an away game in 12 months before coming to sixfields 😉

Still better than us on the day
Report Spam   Logged

Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2018, 08:53:58 am »

"Rochdale without an away league win all season" - we can't say we weren't warned!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 05, 2018, 10:00:57 am »

"Rochdale without an away league win all season" - we can't say we weren't warned!

Of course that would happen, problem for me is that they were better than us on the day! Can’t argue that away!
Report Spam   Logged

lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #274 on: February 05, 2018, 10:22:01 am »

I didnt understand a lot of things from Saturday but a few here that I havnt noticed that have been mentioned.

When we changed shape Bunney's starting position was far too high. He appears to be much better running onto the ball than starting higher up.

Why did we bring on Ariyibi to play centrally?! He was always covered by several Rochdale players, the most dangerous moment of the second half was when he went wide and he beat his man and whipped in a dangerous ball. The lack of width at times was so frustrating, instead of crooks and grimes being able to spread the ball out they kept trying to drive through the middle and giving it away.

Also regarding Crooks and Grimes they both took far too many touches before trying to pass it. JJOT is much better at keeping us ticking over. Now we have Van Veen I would like to see JJOT back in the centre.

Final point, I like Long and he runs hard, but literally makes no attempt to contest a ball aerially against a CB. Makes us going long to him even more maddening.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #275 on: February 05, 2018, 11:05:51 am »

Why did we bring on Ariyibi to play centrally?! He was always covered by several Rochdale players, the most dangerous moment of the second half was when he went wide and he beat his man and whipped in a dangerous ball. The lack of width at times was so frustrating, instead of crooks and grimes being able to spread the ball out they kept trying to drive through the middle and giving it away.

This was the most baffling part of Saturday for me. Sam Foley at right wing back whilst we continued to be overrun 3 v 2 in the middle, and then stick Ariyibi in the middle...
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #276 on: February 05, 2018, 11:16:08 am »

Yes, that is correct. However, in the last few weeks they've drawn against Championship side Millwall and knocked Doncaster Rovers out in the previous round 1-0. Their form away from home is improving and I notice all away games this season have been close, no 3 or 4-0 losses, just one goal in most games they've lost.     
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #277 on: February 05, 2018, 11:55:49 am »

You can't glean anything from Rochdale's performances before coming to Sixfields.........they may have not played any of their "easier games to come" yet, has anyone assessed their stats against top half and bottom half?

I'd say that their next few games give plenty of opportunities to pick points up......after the Cup replay at home to Millwall they have home games against Fleetwood, Oldham and MK, with an away game against Bristol Rovers thrown in.

It is also incorrect that they hadn't won away in 12 months......their last away league win was on 13th April at Bury.....less than 10 months ago. They have also won away this season at Mansfield in August (EFL Cup), and won again at Bury in the EFL Trophy in September, plus they won away at Slough in the FA Cup in December and of course at Doncaster in the Cup in January.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #278 on: February 05, 2018, 13:59:49 pm »

You can't glean anything from Rochdale's performances before coming to Sixfields.........they may have not played any of their "easier games to come" yet, has anyone assessed their stats against top half and bottom half?

I'd say that their next few games give plenty of opportunities to pick points up......after the Cup replay at home to Millwall they have home games against Fleetwood, Oldham and MK, with an away game against Bristol Rovers thrown in.

It is also incorrect that they hadn't won away in 12 months......their last away league win was on 13th April at Bury.....less than 10 months ago. They have also won away this season at Mansfield in August (EFL Cup), and won again at Bury in the EFL Trophy in September, plus they won away at Slough in the FA Cup in December and of course at Doncaster in the Cup in January.

Yeah , but APART from those wins  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 05, 2018, 14:18:57 pm »

His presence might help to get a few bodies through the door but it's becoming clear that JFH is not the man.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: