The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:14:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Positives to be taken from the Rochdale game

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Positives to be taken from the Rochdale game  (Read 1510 times)
paul thompson is

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: February 04, 2018, 15:31:47 pm »

Wilder saved us from relegation - Page/Edinburgh were totally lost at this level  and so were most of his players. If they had stayed on as Manager I am pretty certain we may well have been relegated. At least JFH instilled some urgency for the last few games. Also the side he put out on Sat was ok, Crooks is a player most Div 1 sides would welcome.In the games I have seen this season the Cobbs have at least shown some improvement in the last few games,. At 0-0 I was confident we would lose at  0-1! it was just one of those games  We were naive at the back - we missed to many tacklesl and as some Hotelenders have mentioned we have too many "ball players" and not enough workers!...

So lets all calm down and relax.

all together......

Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 16:31:37 pm »

Wilder saved us from relegation - Page/Edinburgh were totally lost at this level  and so were most of his players. If they had stayed on as Manager I am pretty certain we may well have been relegated. At least JFH instilled some urgency for the last few games. Also the side he put out on Sat was ok, Crooks is a player most Div 1 sides would welcome.In the games I have seen this season the Cobbs have at least shown some improvement in the last few games,. At 0-0 I was confident we would lose at  0-1! it was just one of those games  We were naive at the back - we missed to many tacklesl and as some Hotelenders have mentioned we have too many "ball players" and not enough workers!...

So lets all calm down and relax.

all together

Change of heart then? Why the link every post ?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 16:43:29 pm »

So what were the positives from that game. TBH I'm struggling to see any.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 20:31:36 pm »

Aryibi
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 08:28:48 am »

Relegation will come quickly to spare unnecessary  prolonged agony.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 09:43:27 am »

Aryibi

Still can't get my head around how JFH decided to play him in the middle of the park when we were crying out for someone to get down the flanks and put some crosses in.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 11:52:34 am »

I think there are a few negative positives to take away.

1. Bursting the bubble. In a way I am glad it has popped. If felt as though we expected the Cobblers to produce a comfortable win and produce an exhibition of football.
2. We learnt that it must be 4 at the back, until loads of time has been spent training and practising with 3 centre backs.
3. Berto is still a super sub and not a starter.
4. Happy to lose those fans who throw their toys out the pram after 1 defeat in 5.

Roll on Saturday.

Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:58:52 am »

1. Bursting the bubble. In a way I am glad it has popped. If felt as though we expected the Cobblers to produce a comfortable win and produce an exhibition of football.
2. We learnt that it must be 4 at the back, until loads of time has been spent training and practising with 3 centre backs.
4. Happy to lose those fans who throw their toys out the pram after 1 defeat in 5.

Roll on Saturday.

Nimber 1 is true.......probably too many thought with all the comings and goings we'd be fine......Saturday was a reminder that with 15 games to go this season we are in a relegation battle.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:50:05 pm »

Roll on Saturday

Thanks s what I call a bit of spirit.
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 13:25:54 pm »

We were given the run around at times and for 90 minutes we were 2nd best.

A positive is that we only conceded the one goal, and for the best part of the match our back line was at least organised albeit individually none of the defenders had decent games (especially with the ball).

A few weeks back it would have been 0-3, 0-4 or probably 0-5. We were as bad as we were against Bristol Rovers with the ball, the only difference being is that we at least didn't collapse like we did so many times during the first half of the season!
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 13:58:47 pm »

Roll on Saturday.

Some good points Gaston. Good post.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 17:39:26 pm »

My bacon butty had 1 piece of extra bacon..yummy
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 19:52:43 pm »

My bacon butty had 1 piece of extra bacon..yummy

In downtown Dallas?  Sure it was bacon?
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 20:23:59 pm »

In downtown Dallas?  Sure it was bacon?
I wasn't downtown but on my sprawling ranch.

I just brought a new home.

Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 20:55:00 pm »

There was a floating version of this in Islington, a few days ago.

Not for long though.. Grin

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 07:57:31 am »

I think the positive thing to come out of this game is that it was quite clearly tactical ineptitude from JFH and so therefore we are unlikely to play three at the back in the short term again or start with Hilda .
We also won’t play Foley at wing back in a hurry .
Moloney will come in at the weekend if fit and Hilda will drop to the bench .
I think he will stick with Grimes and Crooks but personally would rather see grimes and JJOT or McWilliams .
Foley offers nothing wide and I would drop him in place of a natural wide player .
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 08:31:20 am »

Here's my list of positives from the Rochdale game:-
1) Um....
2) Er...
3) Well....
4) Ah....
5) But....