The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:26:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Gilly @ Home 13th Feb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilly @ Home 13th Feb  (Read 11630 times)
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2018, 22:21:45 pm »

.....and for those of you missing 78 he was seen by myself eating a nice bit of cake at half time as I walked along the concourse/walkway in the west stand. He looked in good health and the cake was probably carrot cake but I can't be sure I'm afraid.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2018, 22:31:06 pm »

Shocking
What a shambles
I question if JFH recruitment is any better than JED’s
Bunney and Turnbull were truly awful .
Tactically out thought again from the start .
Only Ariyibi and Moloney came out with credit .
We will go down at this rate
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2018, 22:33:30 pm »

Shocking
What a shambles
I question if JFH recruitment is any better than JED’s
Bunney and Turnbull were truly awful .
Tactically out thought again from the start .
Only Ariyibi and Moloney came out with credit .
We will go down at this rate

That's the spirit  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2018, 22:43:38 pm »

Quote from: DrillingCobbler

I now severely question whether he's the right man to take us forward.

Some good points raised and its pretty hard not to disagree with most of them. How a side can dissolve into a hopeless outfit after a professional display at Wimbledon is beyond me. I was astonished at JFH team selection or rather the system he adopted. Players all over the place probably confused by the change of system. Hoskins who has played well recently was shocking as was Long - did he care? Taylor and Bunney all over the place.  Interesting to see Gillingham merely hoof the ball up to their two strikers who had a field day. Second half was a lot better we rallied and for decent periods we regained the initiative; Gillingham lost their momentum and if Long had more about him we might have snatched an unlikely draw. Where was Powell supposed to be playing! When Aribyi and Berto came on we improved and at least showed some spirit in the second half.  The overall impression I was left with was that JFH lost us the game; he tinkered too much, putting players in inexplicable positions/situations. He had a winning formula at the Dons and should have stuck with that system and just made simple straight forward replacements.   Perhaps KT needs to have a word with him.    Still not in the dreaded bottom four just yet. Onwards - with the spirit shown in the second half we can and should survive.   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 23:18:00 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest48

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2018, 23:11:28 pm »

Now this is 100% true, when the Gills got a corner just going into injury time and all 11 were trotting back into the area, I shouted "Why don't we have someone up on the half way line". As I sit quite near the dug outs JFH looked around and then, a few seconds later, did his sheep whistle to get 2 players up the pitch !!!! It seems like he hadn't thought of that until  I shouted it !
   I then got blamed by the people sitting around me for not doing it earlier. But I really think he is seriously lacking tactically, he has been totally shown up in the last 2 home matches by Hill and Lovell completely out thinking him and add in his bizarre team and positional selections, it doesn't give us much of a chance sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2018, 23:16:42 pm »

Now this is 100% true, when the Gills got a corner just going into injury time and all 11 were trotting back into the area, I shouted "Why don't we have someone up on the half way line". As I sit quite near the dug outs JFH looked around and then, a few seconds later, did his sheep whistle to get 2 players up the pitch !!!! It seems like he hadn't thought of that until  I shouted it !
   I then got blamed by the people sitting around me for not doing it earlier. But I really think he is seriously lacking tactically, he has been totally shown up in the last 2 home matches by Hill and Lovell completely out thinking him and add in his bizarre team and positional selections, it doesn't give us much of a chance sometimes.

Why aren't you a professional football manager? What held you back? Do you think it is too late to start or could you do a job at Oxford?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2018, 23:26:15 pm »

Why aren't you a professional football manager? What held you back? Do you think it is too late to start or could you do a job at Oxford?

Surprised at Barton descending to the level of the 'toys out of the pram' brigade'. It was poor first half very poor and it must be frustrating to those who saw the Wimbledon performance. Frank you should be more understanding.
Report Spam   Logged

#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2018, 23:38:33 pm »

Frank you should be more understanding.

Maybe, but you should be more flamboyant. Go on, live a little. Treat yourself to a pair of outrageous trousers etc. You deserve it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2018, 23:40:37 pm »

Yes I could do a job at Oxford, given the opportunity  Grin      Seriously, some of the stuff I've seen this season really is "school boy stuff", the lack of marking at throw in's, 2 players chasing in on the keeper for back passes, not being aware if the opposition try to take a short corner, that's stuff that  Sunday League players all know what to do when the event occurs.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2018, 23:52:38 pm »

That's another thing, I thought the Gillingham corners were excellent and maybe Grimes put as few balls in like they did.

Whipped in with lots of pace, almost like a shot on goal and caused panic every time they came in.

O'Donnell's kicking was woeful again tonight, don't think that helped the cause either. Still pissed off that JFH made his usual crazy changes that seemingly confused the team, but surely the players must take some of the blame for that first half.

Different team again against Sc***horpe? Definitely not making the trip for that one after today.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2018, 23:57:30 pm »

Yes I could do a job at Oxford, given the opportunity  Grin      Seriously, some of the stuff I've seen this season really is "school boy stuff", the lack of marking at throw in's, 2 players chasing in on the keeper for back passes, not being aware if the opposition try to take a short corner, that's stuff that  Sunday League players all know what to do when the event occurs.

Well, Oxford will have to do without you as you are needed in your current position near our dugout.  Wink We can send evers in his new trousers if he is up for it.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2018, 05:29:48 am »

Not much been said about Pereira's sending off. You could see it coming stupid boy. He probably wouldn't have played much at Scunny anyway so won't be missed.  I had a bet on there being a red card in the match but Hills haven't paid out. It's with their Settled Bets team, presumably because it occurred after the final whistle. Interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
Rushdencobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2018, 06:17:23 am »

I had some some friends come and watch today, the first thing they noticed was you have no midfield.
Looking back at the game they were right for the first half, but 2nd we improved and could have got a point if we pushed harder.
We missed crooks in there I know he is not everyone’s favourite but he is a solid player and prob does more than most of us notice.
Long only works as a loan man if someone is playing just behind him, it looks like the gills did there homework and forced us to play jjot deeper.
Ayribi deserves a start after yesterday, Berto looked like a game winner in the advanced role, moved him to the right wing and he was shocking, again gills did there homework they kicked all over the place and then wound him up.
Also JFH fair enough if there are injuries you change but we seem to be constantly swapping and changing which does nothing for consistency.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2018, 06:21:09 am »

if this team is moving forward with Turnbull and Bunney as the left hand side of defence with Powell in front of them , we will go down .
All three were shocking last night and two of them no better against Rochdale .
McWilliams , Buchanan and Barnett must be watching that and wondering why they are not in the team
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2018, 06:52:58 am »

Although the second half was undoubtedly better than the first (it literally couldn’t have been worse) it’s hard to say if it was down to us playing better or gillingham just stepping off the gas. The substitutes (Mathis apart who looks like a competition winner) improved us but again there’s no way that it couldn’t - but there wasn’t any structure or plan, it was just throw on as many attacking players as we could. Having said that why he took Powell off when he did was beyond me, we/he was looking semi dangerous at the time and Mathis didn’t have the time or service to do anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Stag

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2018, 06:53:08 am »

I had some some friends come and watch today, the first thing they noticed was you have no midfield.
Looking back at the game they were right for the first half, but 2nd we improved and could have got a point if we pushed harder.
We missed crooks in there I know he is not everyone’s favourite but he is a solid player and prob does more than most of us notice.
Long only works as a loan man if someone is playing just behind him, it looks like the gills did there homework and forced us to play jjot deeper.
Ayribi deserves a start after yesterday, Berto looked like a game winner in the advanced role, moved him to the right wing and he was shocking, again gills did there homework they kicked all over the place and then wound him up.
Also JFH fair enough if there are injuries you change but we seem to be constantly swapping and changing
which does nothing for consistency

Said this repeatedly Grimes ( the undroppable one who has never been subbed)is the problem - someone else mentioned he's only a booking or 2 away from a ban so fingers crossed - that could be a major positive turning point.
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2018, 07:58:31 am »

Ist goal..... defense running away together in union.
Any strikers gonna have a go,

2nd goal.... defense running away together in union this time ball watching,
Striker mis*** shot found their only player in the box,

1. defender closes down the striker he can't shoot
2. defender closes down the striker he can't shoot

Basic stuff
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2018, 08:20:53 am »

I've now seen Turnbull play left back twice and thought he looks excellent there. Centre back two or three times, and think he looks a bit of a liability/brings Taylor down with him. Not sure if it's Turnbulls fault, or if it is Bunney giving him no protection? Either way, I'd prefer Poole and Taylor in the middle until Pierre returns.

O'Toole finally played in his perceived best position by us amateur football managers, albeit at a very odd time (on the back of a POTM award in the No. 10 role!), and he also struggled. We really could have used Crooks in there.

On the positives, I thought Powell, Ariyibi and Hilda worked very well together for a short spell. I said at the time they needed a link up striker (Van Veen?) as Long appeared to disappear during our one positive spell.

We're rapidly coming into the closing stages of the season. Hopefully JFH can find his best 11 quickly.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2018, 08:32:31 am »

This may sound strong, but possibly Bunney’s was the worst performance I’ve ever seen in a cobblers shirt, and I’ve seen Leon Constantine play!

Having said, I’m not saying he is a bad signing, he just had a really bad night. He is a league 1 player it will happen occasionally.

I thought he said Crooks was rested because he was sore? Or did I misread that?

Fully agree about defending corners, unless we are 1-0 up with less than ten mins to go, you have to leave long up there. I’m not sure what use he or Hoskins are back defending in our box.  I’m not sure I’d sack JFH over it though.
I’m

I’m not Hoskins number 1 fan, but felt sorry for him yesterday. Was the only one who showed any industry and urgency in the first half, was played in about 248 positions and then hooked off while Powell stayed on. It was probably for Powell’s height and the hope he might win a header at sum point during the game.

Hopefully van veen is fit and ready to do a number on his old team on Saturday.

If ariyibi doesn’t start, I will a step closer to the “don’t know what you’re doing” club.
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2018, 08:37:20 am »

That's another thing, I thought the Gillingham corners were excellent and maybe Grimes put as few balls in like they did.

Whipped in with lots of pace, almost like a shot on goal and caused panic every time they came in.

O'Donnell's kicking was woeful again tonight, don't think that helped the cause either. Still pissed off that JFH made his usual crazy changes that seemingly confused the team, but surely the players must take some of the blame for that first half.

Different team again against Sc***horpe? Definitely not making the trip for that one after today.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: