The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:06:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Gilly @ Home 13th Feb

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilly @ Home 13th Feb  (Read 11645 times)
guest3114

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2018, 10:41:34 am »

There’s nothing like being at the ground if you want a true picture of what’s going on. You can pick up bits from commentary though. A number of times Tim O commented that players in the channel didn’t have an option to pass to and were isolated. This happened a few times and that possibly could indicate a lack of effort and urgency? When you watch the best sides the player on the ball nearly always seems to have 3 or 4 options. It just struck me that this was identified as an issue a few too many times. Perhaps too many coasting last night, particularly first half?
Talking of Tim O he set a quiz last night, which 5 current league managers have played for us? I made it there’s 6. Perhaps I heard him wrong? Paul Wilkinson, Paul Harsley, Sean Dyche, Chris Wilder, David Artell, Paul Tidsdale.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:32 am »

Talking of Tim O he set a quiz last night, which 5 current league managers have played for us? I made it there’s 6. Perhaps I heard him wrong? Paul Wilkinson, Paul Harsley, Sean Dyche, Chris Wilder, David Artell, Paul Tidsdale.
Tim got the first five but had to be reminded of Tisdale.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2018, 11:22:39 am »

Bratfud?

Ah yes, wasn't at that game.

Not sure when it last happened at Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2018, 11:30:11 am »

I think I heard them realising the mistake later on when someone mentioned Tisdale as well!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2018, 11:36:37 am »

Cheers R, I was taking the kids to school and they were making a right racket so I couldn’t hear sod all.
Report Spam   Logged
GroundhoppingFC

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2018, 11:39:19 am »

Unlucky Cobblers, I feel your improvement in the second half maybe merited a point.

If you want a recap of the match, or if you happened to not be able to come, check out my vid which contains all of the goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QncREIbhqu0&lc=z22fxjzrwqvfdhxi504t1aokgqchjgqjfsi5t4xpvc2gbk0h00410

Tell me what you think!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2018, 11:55:39 am »

Does Wilkinson count as a league manager, he's caretaker at Grimsby?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2018, 12:02:33 pm »

Does Wilkinson count as a league manager, he's caretaker at Grimsby?
Dunno, don’t know what the rules are, I suppose so if he’s current?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2018, 12:56:00 pm »

Unlucky Cobblers, I feel your improvement in the second half maybe merited a point.

If you want a recap of the match, or if you happened to not be able to come, check out my vid which contains all of the goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QncREIbhqu0&lc=z22fxjzrwqvfdhxi504t1aokgqchjgqjfsi5t4xpvc2gbk0h00410

Tell me what you think!
Not bad!
I fear you might get criticised locally for your description of our nice modern ground though.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2018, 13:10:05 pm »

JFH seems to be a bit hoarse in his interview...!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2018, 13:13:04 pm »

Nah. He's one of the only players we have with a bit of trickery. Just have to accept that he is a nutcase.

My over riding concern is that JFH STILL has no clue what his best team is, no clue what his best formation is and still hasn't given us an identity.

I know "identity" is a bit of a football phrase, it rings true though. You can look at teams and usually define them, take Gillingham last night, move the ball quickly, pressed lots and played the ball in behind constantly. Oxford, passing game but give you time on the ball etc etc. Ours is what? Chaos!

I think the same about Berto; stupid to get himself sent off after the final whistle. We certainly had more about us when he came on as did Ariyibi. Provided we can keep Berto on the pitch; he is unique and maybe the spark we need to stay up.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 13:20:25 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2018, 13:31:07 pm »

FWIW I'd have played our preferred 4-4-1-1 formation last night with O'Toole as a 10, and McWilliams in for Crooks. I'd also have started with Ariyibi ahead of Hoskins to push their full/wing backs backwards.

That's what JFH should have done - simple changes to account for missing bodies. As an afterthought would not have played Powell; unless he was on the wing.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2018, 13:38:44 pm »

Was Berto's Red card from a second yellow or did the ref just show a straight red. I was just curious as to how many games he misses.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2018, 13:41:08 pm »

Was Berto's Red card from a second yellow or did the ref just show a straight red. I was just curious as to how many games he misses.

Second yellow.....the highlights on Sky showed it.  1 game ban
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2018, 15:35:39 pm »

Second yellow.....the highlights on Sky showed it.  1 game ban

Looked like the ref told him to "go away" which he initially did, then turned round and continue to have a go.

Alleged racial slant though, if Twitter is anything to go by... though not certain it is his account
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2018, 16:16:43 pm »

Incidentally William Hill are NOT paying out on the red card in the match bet because the sending off was after the final whistle. Harsh.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2018, 16:31:51 pm »

Incidentally William Hill are NOT paying out on the red card in the match bet because the sending off was after the final whistle. Harsh.

Bellends
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2018, 17:04:44 pm »

Looked like the ref told him to "go away" which he initially did, then turned round and continue to have a go.

Alleged racial slant though, if Twitter is anything to go by... though not certain it is his account

Link?
Report Spam   Logged
dolph

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2018, 18:24:02 pm »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/northampton-town/11249698/northampton-1-2-gillingham
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2018, 19:13:20 pm »

PS Can anyone from the North Stand confirm that Powell ducked out of that header, it certainly looked like it from where I sit.
I recall reading on the MK forum, that Powell cannot/will not, head a ball. It was posted by a number of different people.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: