The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:29:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

J F H

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J F H  (Read 9606 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2018, 14:15:47 pm »

I don't believe Crooks was injured or he wouldn't have been on the bench. I think JFH was protecting him from the card trigger happy referee who sent him off earlier in the season

Shame he didn't leave Pereira on the bench as well then.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2018, 14:22:04 pm »

I wish he was sure of our best 11, then we could stick to it. But we're never going to have a best 11 when he's making 2/3/4 changes per game.

Is he a manager who would get a DVD through the post of our upcoming oppositions last game, get the squad together to watch the DVD and then look at the strengths of the opposition and primarily look to counter that.

Whereas, with the squad he has at his disposal he should be looking at the DVD, identifying weaknesses and going after them.

He's too negative IMO......

I have to agree with this, sets his teams up to stop the opposition firstly. CW, however was the complete opposite to this - go for it and let them try to find a way to stop us. I know which management style I prefer.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2018, 14:27:59 pm »

You only have to read Lovells comments from his post match interview to see the difference between the managers.

He "knew" we'd only play one up front so switched to a back 3....no point in having a full back there he said. Therefore he loaded the midfield and won the battle.

Since when do we play great emphasis on hindsight comments from an opposing manager? He "knew" how we would play; well the experts didn't for start. It was only fairly late on did we learn of Crooks and KvV injuries. Even so, Crooks appeared on the bench - kidology perhaps. The likelihood is that Lovell may well guess that Long would be up front, but that is !guesswork'.Furthermore, did Lovell know that JJOT would play in a withdrawn role?  However, I do agree that in this instance that JFH got tactics and selection badly wrong.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 19:28:09 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2018, 14:40:32 pm »

However, I do agree that in this instance that JJOT got tactics and selection badly wrong.

Did anyone else realise that JJOT was now player-manager?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 14:41:31 pm »

Jimmy and his constant tinkering is beyond me. I got shot down when I mentioned this at the start of his time here but now most are saying the same thing.

You can be sure, come Saturday, once again there will be at least 2 or 3 changes. The players must wonder what the hell is going on. He is too set on playing one up front, Mathis came on and where was he playing? Behind the front man in more of a midfield role, I felt sorry for the lad.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 15:34:01 pm »

Since when do we play great emphasis on hindsight comments from an opposing manager? He "knew" how we would play; well the experts didn't for start. It was only fairly late on did we learn of Crooks and KvV injuries. Even so, Crooks appeared on the bench - kidology perhaps. The likelihood is that Lovell may well guess that Long would be up front, but that is !guesswork'.Furthermore, did Lovell know that JJOT would play in a withdrawn role?  However, I do agree that in this instance that JJOT got tactics and selection badly wrong.

We've played 1 up top for the last umpteen games, usually to great effect in a 4-4-1-1. Whether KVV or Long played is academic.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 15:47:09 pm »

However, I do agree that in this instance that JJOT got tactics and selection badly wrong.
  Grin Fud
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2018, 15:49:04 pm »

Did anyone else realise that JJOT was now player-manager?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 15:50:12 pm »

The one up front thing to me is weird. The Longmeister and KVV are both decent give them a chance to form a partnership.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2677

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 16:06:29 pm »

So every new player (who is fit and available) played, except Bridge?

JFH is a monster.
Which begs the question.
Why did JFH put an 'injured' midfielder on the bench and leave 'one of his own' midfielders out of the eighteen?
And if Crooks isn't injured, why didn't he play him from the off, or bring him on after 15 mins when it became apparent we were being overrun?

Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 17:12:59 pm »

We've played 1 up top for the last umpteen games, usually to great effect in a 4-4-1-1.

This. Those railing against playing one up front seem to forget that everyone from Barcelona to Man City have been doing this for years. Even the great Chrissy Wilder played one up front for the majority of our title winning season. Face it: we would have lost yesterday if we'd played 4-4-2, probably by a greater margin.

As others have said, last night exposed two issues:

1. Tinkering
2. Lack of a genuine defensive midfielder

The more extreme voices on here seem to be forgetting that we've got 10 points from the last six games, which puts us 7th in the form table. JFH appears to have stumbled on a successful system: 4-4-1-1 with JJOT behind the striker working as an unorthodox target man/number 10.

The problem yesterday is that with Crooks out he had so little faith in his other options in central midfield that he decided to move JJOT back there, and in the process compromised the whole system.

As others have said, he needs to stick to the successful system, make like-for-like swaps wherever possible and figure out a way to play against 3-5-2.

We all know that Bunney is decent going forward but vulnerable defensively. It's worth having him in the team for his crossing alone - he's already got a few assists for us, including the penalty at AFCW. What needs to happen is for a genuine defensive midfielder like McWilliams to be played so that he can cover the gaps left by Bunney's forward runs.

JFH has made mistakes, but he's not nearly as bad as some of the knee jerkers on here would have you believe.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 17:14:40 pm »

McWilliams is a very very odd situation. Can't get on the pitch!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2018, 17:53:58 pm »

He clearly doesn't trust some of the players at his disposal, a bit of a worry when he's just signed nine!

As others have said, if you have an injury DO NOT upset a winning formula. Either Sam Foley or Shaun McWilliams should have slotted in for Matt Crooks.   
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:34 am »

Can we PLEASE GET A MANAGER WHO CAN GET US TOL DEFEND! IF YOU CAN STOP TEAMS SCORING, YOU ONLY NEED ONE GOAL TO WIN.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2018, 08:37:19 am »

In news today he bemoans the lack of consistency of his players - but he's the one constantly tinkering with tactics and who he plays where! He really does need to seek help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:40:58 am by SteveRiches » Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2018, 08:42:45 am »

McWilliams is a very very odd situation. Can't get on the pitch!

Couldn't agree more - young lad with bags of talent & needs to be playing
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 09:13:14 am »

Shame he didn't leave Pereira on the bench as well then.

Berto will turn games for us - he wasn’t so far off last Tuesday!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 09:35:41 am »

Can we PLEASE GET A MANAGER WHO CAN GET US TOL DEFEND! IF YOU CAN STOP TEAMS SCORING, YOU ONLY NEED ONE GOAL TO WIN.
defender!!!! We've been worried sick!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 14:30:22 pm »

Berto will turn games for us - he wasn’t so far off last Tuesday!

I was referring to the fact that he was sent off.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2018, 14:47:34 pm »

Nice to see that Jimmy is blaming everyone but himself for Tuesday’s abomination - both the players and supporters seem to be getting the brunt whereas nothing is being said about the tactical naivety that contributed greatly to the performance and defeat.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: