The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:18:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

J F H

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J F H  (Read 9678 times)
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2018, 16:14:16 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/tinkering-too-much-cobblers-boss-hasselbaink-says-he-should-have-made-more-changes-for-gills-clash-1-8380222
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2018, 16:40:17 pm »

This is what's worrying he seems oblivious to it being a problem. When crooks was not fit the obvious thing would be to straight swap for Mcwilliams but he dosent recognise this instead in moving o toole changes the whole set up.

Really worrying this for me, almost on a worrying level with page and Edinburgh. We all of the ground can see it, but he can't questions have to start being asked
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2018, 17:26:16 pm »

So if I've read that correctly, Jimmy thinks he kept things more or less as they were on tuesday from the Wombles game because he went with his heart, thinking they did so well that they deserved another opportunity, when in his head and with hindsight, he now realises he should have made wholesale changes from the Wombles game.
Not sure too many are gonna agree with that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2018, 17:29:36 pm »

With Crookes injured, putting JJOT in a position he's played virtually all his career with The Cobblers makes perfect sense to me.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2018, 18:16:24 pm »

With Crookes injured, putting JJOT in a position he's played virtually all his career with The Cobblers makes perfect sense to me.

When he's been so good and league 1 player of the month playing further up the pitch and scoring goals!!

Ontop of this you have a natural replacement for crooks sitting waiting for game time in Mcwilliams
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2018, 18:29:37 pm »

I haven’t got any issues with the lineups he selects - it’s his prerogative and he sees them in training every day after all - it’s the almost complete lack of ability to react effectively to adversity during games that worries me. What was stopping him from just switching jjot and foley after 20 odd minutes when it was quite clear that we were getting stuffed?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2018, 18:30:15 pm »

When he's been so good and league 1 player of the month playing further up the pitch and scoring goals!!

Ontop of this you have a natural replacement for crooks sitting waiting for game time in Mcwilliams

What was wrong when he played as a defensive midfielder - was that a massive mistake by Wilder? We all love McWilliams but none of us know if he would have been ready and able to play Crook's role.
Hindsight is great but I'm going to give the benefit to JFH for his selection.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2018, 18:35:12 pm »

Sorry Alton, not if it meant playing Foley off Long. He should have started Foley or McWilliams in place of Crooks.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2018, 18:53:53 pm »

What was wrong when he played as a defensive midfielder - was that a massive mistake by Wilder? We all love McWilliams but none of us know if he would have been ready and able to play Crook's role.

I'm not saying it right or wrong mate, but with the options avaliable and given how well o toole has been playing I would have played Mcwilliams  (1st option), (Foley 2nd option) in that holding position before sacraficing jj from just behind long. That is just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2018, 19:34:43 pm »

All is good.  Respectable finish this season.  Big clear-out come the summer, and start again next season.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2018, 21:08:38 pm »

I'm not saying it right or wrong mate, but with the options avaliable and given how well o toole has been playing I would have played Mcwilliams  (1st option), (Foley 2nd option) in that holding position before sacraficing jj from just behind long. That is just my opinion.

But when did McWilliams last start a game for us?
We were overrun in the first 20+ minutes by a team where everything went right for them and I'm not sure any tinkering with personnel would have changed that. It happens in football, enjoy it when it's us but don't crucify the manager when it happens to us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3040

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2018, 21:23:29 pm »

Things went right for them because we stood off them let them play and they were better than us simple as that saying it happens is only because we let it, the clueless jfh did'nt jnow what to do hence constantly  moving playets to no effect.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2018, 21:25:51 pm »

This is what's worrying he seems oblivious to it being a problem. When crooks was not fit the obvious thing would be to straight swap for Mcwilliams but he dosent recognise this instead in moving o toole changes the whole set up.

Really worrying this for me, almost on a worrying level with page and Edinburgh. We all of the ground can see it, but he can't questions have to start being asked

Thats three flipping worries in short message  - you appear to be a worrier!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2018, 21:28:56 pm »

+ So do I , I like JFH in any case.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
defender

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2018, 06:38:22 am »

Ahh there you are Baldy's been worried sick..

I'm soirry  have beenb so absent. my computer has been playing up. Mind you iot is very old, I think HENRY THE THE 8TH USED IT TO FIND HIS NEXT WIFE.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2018, 07:15:01 am »

+ So do I , I like JFH in any case.

I like him but popularity doesn't win points. He has certainly had more slack and backing than any previous Cobblers manager in my lifetime. One of the benefits of being a famous top ex-player I guess, at a time we are prepared to splash the cash.
People talk about giving managers time...he needs to take note and give some players time! A symptom of having such a large squad is definitely the ability to tinker, whether needed or not. He's had his roll of the dice, so hopefully we can regain our recent better form and forget the two home horrors.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2018, 08:16:30 am »

I know it's a game of opinions, but I'd be interested to see why you'd play Foley in the middle ahead of O'Toole? O'Toole was in League 2 team of the year in this position, and probably our star player in the same position last season.

Foley has looked far too lightweight for me in the middle. Seems to lose most 50/50s, poor positional play and doesn't offer much in ability. I personally think his work rate and stamina is definitely better appreciated offering balance on the wing.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2018, 08:29:48 am »

Gillingham are a much better side than Wimbledon and that showed on Tuesday. However, as Gills manager said post match he knew exactly how we would be set up (JFH very predictable if his formations?) and they took full advantage. We were murdered in the first half and it could easily have been 0-4 at the break.  It was obvious to us in the stands within the first 10 minutes that our line up was wrong and critical to that we need JJOT in the hole where he can challenge and win balls, lay the ball off and make runs into the penalty area.  JJOT for all his attributes is not the quickest and playing in a defensive midfield role against fast physically strong Gills front men he struggled badly. He was not the only one but JJOT is our key player.  JFH should have reacted quickly and moved JJOT into the hole and either put Foley there or brought on McWilliams in place of Foley. It was poor management.  Add to that having Crooks sitting on the bench when he was said to be injured was a complete waste of time. Buchanan should have been available to replace Bunney who had a terrible match.  Again, poor management.

I want JFH to do well but I have to comment that so far not so good is something on an understatement.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2018, 09:00:34 am »

I know it's a game of opinions, but I'd be interested to see why you'd play Foley in the middle ahead of O'Toole? O'Toole was in League 2 team of the year in this position, and probably our star player in the same position last season.
Foley has looked far too lightweight for me in the middle. Seems to lose most 50/50s, poor positional play and doesn't offer much in ability. I personally think his work rate and stamina is definitely better appreciated offering balance on the wing.

For me it is not playing Foley ahead of JJOT, but JJOT has been so outstanding in behind Long (winning player of the month) that we should keep him there. Also, he hasn't played in the middle of the park for a long time now, still doesn't look 100% fit to me and it showed against the Gills midfield when he was put in there.

Foley has a much higher work rate and is not afraid to get stuck in either, so should be ideally suited. I for one would rather see McWilliams played in the middle though.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2018, 09:12:20 am »

At it again I see, Everbrite. I want to see JFH do well but it doesn't follow that he is doing well.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: