The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:43:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

J F H

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J F H  (Read 9669 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2018, 09:32:21 am »

At it again I see, Everbrite. I want to see JFH do well but it doesn't follow that he is doing well.

I know it’s all about opinions, but why don’t you just get off his back. You are constantly ‘at it again ‘ with JFH.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:37:29 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2018, 09:45:28 am »

Absolute rubbish, Everbrite. Why you set yourself up on this site as a modern day Praetorian Guard for NTFC/JFH I don't know but football is a matter of opinions and best you learn to live with these things. Not much point in this site otherwise.  I am sure JFH has broad shoulders.

My opinions are just that.  Look at this thread on JFH and you will find plenty of others expressing a similar point of view. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2018, 10:32:01 am »

It's also the beauty of a football forum, difference in opinions and healthy discussions.

It would be different if Vintage was at games chanting at JFH constantly.
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2018, 10:51:05 am »

What i find amusing is he gets berated for changing the team and not playing crooks.

at the same time we had a thread running, saying who should we drop Grimes or Crooks?

I listened to his reasoning for dropping JJOT back in there, and i agree he probably is the best player to play in that deep role in Crooks' place.  Were the problem lies is that although that is the case, McWilliams/poole/foley in the deep role,  is a better option than foley in the 10 role. 

I don't mind him changing the team week to week, because with the exception of JJOT and Taylor, no one seems to be able to string together two good performance in a row.

My issue is..

decide where Foley's best position is and play him there or don't play him at all. same with Hoskins
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2018, 11:10:22 am »

What i find amusing is he gets berated for changing the team and not playing crooks.

at the same time we had a thread running, saying who should we drop Grimes or Crooks?

I listened to his reasoning for dropping JJOT back in there, and i agree he probably is the best player to play in that deep role in Crooks' place.  Were the problem lies is that although that is the case, McWilliams/poole/foley in the deep role,  is a better option than foley in the 10 role. 

Interesting points. Especially considering we didn't concede once we moved Foley away from the central position, and actually took the game to them (albeit, briefly) once Hilda took the no. 10 position.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2018, 11:30:33 am »

Absolute rubbish, Everbrite. Why you set yourself up on this site as a modern day Praetorian Guard for NTFC/JFH I don't know but football is a matter of opinions and best you learn to live with these things. Not much point in this site otherwise.  I am sure JFH has broad shoulders.

My opinions are just that.  Look at this thread on JFH and you will find plenty of others expressing a similar point of view. 

The trouble is that anybody who dares to criticise your opinion of JFH you fly into a rage throwing false accusations into the bargain. You are clearly the one who cannot abide any opinion other than your own on JFH.
I don’t do mob rule which you appear to rely on.
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2018, 12:53:32 pm »

What are you talking about "mob rule", Everbrite? This is a forum for opinions and within the bounds of not being libellous views can and should be freely expressed.  If I recall, about 2,000 of our home support were voicing an opinion at half-time on Tuesday on what they has seen which makes the comments on here very tame.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2018, 13:16:23 pm »

I know it's a game of opinions, but I'd be interested to see why you'd play Foley in the middle ahead of O'Toole? O'Toole was in League 2 team of the year in this position, and probably our star player in the same position last season.

Foley has looked far too lightweight for me in the middle. Seems to lose most 50/50s, poor positional play and doesn't offer much in ability. I personally think his work rate and stamina is definitely better appreciated offering balance on the wing.

Really just to keep o toole where he has been playing and is most effective in my opinion. To be honest him playing just behind the front man has been the biggest cog in making us work of the last few weeks. I'd have played Poole holding if it meant leaving j j where he was.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2018, 13:18:21 pm »

For me it is not playing Foley ahead of JJOT, but JJOT has been so outstanding in behind Long (winning player of the month) that we should keep him there. Also, he hasn't played in the middle of the park for a long time now, still doesn't look 100% fit to me and it showed against the Gills midfield when he was put in there.

Foley has a much higher work rate and is not afraid to get stuck in either, so should be ideally suited. I for one would rather see McWilliams played in the middle though.

What I was trying to say but put far better
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2018, 13:19:57 pm »

I know it’s all about opinions, but why don’t you just get off his back. You are constantly ‘at it again ‘ with JFH.

Maybe just because he deserves some criticism nevers!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2018, 14:17:57 pm »

What are you talking about "mob rule", Everbrite? This is a forum for opinions and within the bounds of not being libellous views can and should be freely expressed.  If I recall, about 2,000 of our home support were voicing an opinion at half-time on Tuesday on what they has seen which makes the comments on here very tame.

Mob rule used as an adjective:  Smiley You do get het up quickly!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2018, 14:26:52 pm »

Really just to keep o toole where he has been playing and is most effective in my opinion. To be honest him playing just behind the front man has been the biggest cog in making us work of the last few weeks. I'd have played Poole holding if it meant leaving j j where he was.

Poole was not available apparently. You appear to comment in the past tense? If so your suggestion may not be relevant. Might be ok on Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2018, 14:33:04 pm »

Maybe just because he deserves some criticism nevers!!

Of course he does after last Tuesday! I prefer not go out of my way in criticizing him at every convenient opportunity.
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2018, 14:42:43 pm »

Not het up at all Everbrite. But let's just leave our little tiff with an acceptance that this is now JFH's side and he will be be judged accordingly.  I would only add that Facey looks to be an excellent signing and I think it fair to say the jury is out on the rest, although I am hopeful about van Vaan.
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2018, 14:59:12 pm »

Because KVV was injured he had to put Mathis on bench, which meant another loan player had to miss out. As Barnett is fit, Poole missed out.  Was that not the reason?

No issue this week as Berto is suspended
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
guest48

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2018, 15:08:45 pm »

Surely, if he's not in the team, Poole should be on the bench every time, he's a much better player than Barnett and can also play at full back and in midfield, so he is effectively covering 3 positions.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2018, 09:14:13 am »

Not het up at all Everbrite. But let's just leave our little tiff with an acceptance that this is now JFH's side and he will be be judged accordingly.  I would only add that Facey looks to be an excellent signing and I think it fair to say the jury is out on the rest, although I am hopeful about van Vaan.
It’s early yet but I would question whether JFH recruitment is any better than JED’s.
Some of JED’s signings have been very good - Taylor , Ingram , Grimes , Crooks (?) Long, Pierre ((?). In amongst a few duds .
Let’s see how the likes of Bunney , Mathis , Berto and Turnbull compare . Facey looks decent though and Van Veen is a proven performer . McGugan has already failed .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2018, 09:32:01 am »

It’s early yet but I would question whether JFH recruitment is any better than JED’s.
Some of JED’s signings have been very good - Taylor , Ingram , Grimes , Crooks (?) Long, Pierre ((?). In amongst a few duds .
Let’s see how the likes of Bunney , Mathis , Berto and Turnbull compare . Facey looks decent though and Van Veen is a proven performer . McGugan has already failed .

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2018, 08:45:27 am »

Bunney was poor again against Scunny . He was pushed back and didn’t get forward once . He was slightly ezxposed with Ariyibi in front of him and up against Holmes who is a quality player .
Cross after cross came in from their right .
Serious question marks over Bunney and Turnbull for me .
Turnbull just doesn’t look strong enough and blunders .
I’m not sure about some of these January dealings and I’m saying it now .
Berto also looks questionable to me and Mathis is not in any way a challenge to Long .
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2018, 12:09:05 pm »

Id be looking to play the same back 4 as we did at Blackburn and Bradford as soon as is possible again..…Turnbull (lb),Poole, Taylor and Facey. We looked solid at the back (Blackburn), more so than in any recent times.

I can't help but think that teams are targeting Bunney, defensively he's a massive weak link and was so bad on Tuesday night Im surprised that JFH didn't drop him or move him further forward like he did at Blackburn.

What we are saying is precisely what the bulk of the Rochdale fans said on social media when we bought him. Good going forward but terrible defensively! I thought that when we played MK..wingers just walk past him! And his positional sense is shocking as well.

We are back to shipping in 2 goals a game or when we don't its because we've got lucky. Wimbledon aside, we've been heavily relying on our goal keeper and poor finishing from the opposition.

Id also like to see Keen played in John Joe's position, with the great man dropping back a bit. But until Keen is fit then that cannot happen! (like it did v Gillingham).

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: