The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:46:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

J F H

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J F H  (Read 9617 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2018, 14:11:59 pm »

Id be looking to play the same back 4 as we did at Blackburn and Bradford as soon as is possible again..…Turnbull (lb),Poole, Taylor and Facey. We looked solid at the back (Blackburn), more so than in any recent times.

I can't help but think that teams are targeting Bunney, defensively he's a massive weak link and was so bad on Tuesday night Im surprised that JFH didn't drop him or move him further forward like he did at Blackburn.

What we are saying is precisely what the bulk of the Rochdale fans said on social media when we bought him. Good going forward but terrible defensively! I thought that when we played MK..wingers just walk past him! And his positional sense is shocking as well.

We are back to shipping in 2 goals a game or when we don't its because we've got lucky. Wimbledon aside, we've been heavily relying on our goal keeper and poor finishing from the opposition.

Id also like to see Keen played in John Joe's position, with the great man dropping back a bit. But until Keen is fit then that cannot happen! (like it did v Gillingham).

I agree with this, especially for away games it would make us a lot more secure defensively - of course it’s all dependant on the fitness/availability of Poole. For home games where the onus is on us to attack/break down the opposition Jimmy’s going to have to come up with an effective method pretty sharpish.  It’ll be interesting to see if oxford set up like Rochdale and Gillingham did - in fact I’d be amazed if they don’t provided they’ve scouted us properly. It’s getting to the point where I’d suggest Buchanan getting a recall wouldn’t be a bad idea given Bunney’s struggles but as Bunney is a JFH signing I can’t see that happening.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2018, 14:14:58 pm »

Id also like to see Keen played in John Joe's position, with the great man dropping back a bit. But until Keen is fit then that cannot happen! (like it did v Gillingham).

Keen? You mean Van Veen.

Also, why would you push JJOT back into midfield when he's been so effective further forward? Just don't understand that.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2018, 14:34:18 pm »

Keen? You mean Van Veen.

Also, why would you push JJOT back into midfield when he's been so effective further forward? Just don't understand that.

I’d echo that - it’s a case of if it ain’t broken it doesn’t need fixing, the case in point being gillingham. My only concern is that the temptation is there - when everyone is fit - for jimmy to try and shoehorn players in when he’d be better off selecting a balanced team.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2018, 08:02:36 am »

Putting some of the various statistics banded about on here aside for just a moment, I think it's high time every supporter got behind Jimmy.

Judging by comments I think a few expected us to be chipping away at the play-offs after signing almost a new team but staying in the division is the only aim this season. Performances may have been disappointing thus far, but a new team is slowly emerging and the manager is learning all the time.

You have to understand JFH is one of footballs artists and he has the temperament to match, he is probably asking a little more than the team at his disposal can cope with right now but he needs to experiment now. He wants it to work more than anyone here and his annoyance is born out of frustration.

Some Sheffield fans called for Wilder to go after a slow start, many more Bristol called for Lee Johnsons head too. Changing managers may inject a short term boost but it's proved to make negligible difference in the long run.

Jimmy would walk into any vacancy out of the Championship, irrespective of what he achieves here. There are no more Wilders out there, no more miracle appointments and given time we may have the right man already in place.

For once you brainless fuckwits give him time, support and lots of love. If you want the performances to improve, shut the noisy ones up and chant his name, make him feel special again and he'll respond.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2018, 08:17:10 am »

I agree exiled, I think we need to give Jimmy a full season next season to see what he can do, you could see on Saturday in the first half that there is a team in there starting to emerge. But Jimmy must also understand how frustrating it is for supporters when the change was made that looked like one of our better players was being taken off when we wanted to push for a win. I realise that we don't always know about fitness levels and injuries but it just seemed that removing Hoskins for Pereira would have been a sign of intent that we wanted the 3 points. That said, I think given the time and backing Jimmy will get us where we want to be, aiming for top end of league one and pushing for promotion to the Championship. The intent clearly shown by the board in January is a first for us and I don't think that sort of money would have been shelled out if they didn't have faith in JFH and his plans for the club. Lets hope they follow that up in the next few months with some great ground expansion plans and we can live the dream that we all want for our club.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2018, 08:40:45 am »

Putting some of the various statistics banded about on here aside for just a moment, I think it's high time every supporter got behind Jimmy.

Judging by comments I think a few expected us to be chipping away at the play-offs after signing almost a new team but staying in the division is the only aim this season. Performances may have been disappointing thus far, but a new team is slowly emerging and the manager is learning all the time.

You have to understand JFH is one of footballs artists and he has the temperament to match, he is probably asking a little more than the team at his disposal can cope with right now but he needs to experiment now. He wants it to work more than anyone here and his annoyance is born out of frustration.

Some Sheffield fans called for Wilder to go after a slow start, many more Bristol called for Lee Johnsons head too. Changing managers may inject a short term boost but it's proved to make negligible difference in the long run.

Jimmy would walk into any vacancy out of the Championship, irrespective of what he achieves here. There are no more Wilders out there, no more miracle appointments and given time we may have the right man already in place.

For once you brainless fuckwits give him time, support and lots of love. If you want the performances to improve, shut the noisy ones up and chant his name, make him feel special again and he'll respond.

One of Football's artists? All I want is a manager who can get his team to do the basics i.e. defend properly and play with a clear game plan. With a few exceptions, both of these seem to be beyond JFH's ability so far.

"Jimmy would walk into any vacancy out of the Championship, irrespective of what he achieves here." - Are you seriously saying that if JFH takes us down to L2 despite being financially backed like no other manager in our entire history, he'd have a queue of suitors for his services?? I'd say it'd be the nail in the coffin of his managerial career.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2018, 08:49:17 am »

Direct question for you :
How many games have you been to this season ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2018, 08:57:26 am »

Any club in the Championship? I suggest you’re the f***wit!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3040

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2018, 09:00:15 am »

One of football's artists what a joke, have you watched any games since he took over.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2018, 09:00:30 am »

Judging by comments I think a few expected us to be chipping away at the playoffs after signing almost a new team but staying in the division is the only aim this season. Performances may have been disappointing thus far, but a new team is slowly emerging and the manager is learning all the time.

Good comments Exile - brave too as at least two or three on here will not be able to accept an opinion which is radically different from theirs! It will be anathema to them! Actually the away support was very supportive for JFH at Skunny so would not include them as the basket cases. Your comment that JFH is an 'artist' is a wee bit fanciful, but I get your point.
Happy to support you on this!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2018, 09:05:56 am »

Direct question for you :
How many games have you been to this season ?

This is No 1  Wink

It doesn't really matter how many games you go to; you are still entitled (I am reliably informed) to an opinion. We all on here, must learn to respect others opinions however wonky.
Report Spam   Logged

The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2018, 09:16:23 am »

It doesn't really matter how many games you go to; you are still entitled (I am reliably informed) to an opinion. We all on here, must learn to respect others opinions however wonky.

Glad to see you are finally getting the message.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2018, 09:22:25 am »

No need for sarcastic comments
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2018, 09:32:22 am »

Totally understand the sentiment but disagree on many points - of course a manager merry go round rarely solves anything, sure JFH warrants a full season to ultimately be judged and personally I have never booed players of managers however dire they have been (in my opinion) - however I, like other reasonable posters can (without being abusive) post an opinion on what I see and to refer to others as brainless fuckwits doesn't add to the credibility of your opinion.

So why are we critical?

Most reasonable fans expected, not a play off place but a more comfortable mid table position - matched by improving performances after the transfer window - early days but not happening at the moment coupled with the entertainment value which (as QPR fans warned us) is dire - I guess he was experimenting his artistic flair there as well!
Despite your prose - I don't want an artist as a manager of my league 1 side - I want a manager that has some leadership capabilities and some tactical know how - currently I see neither (and could write many paragraphs on what I do see on match days).
To say there are no more Chris Wilders is nonsense - of course there is (otherwise football dies) but you need to be both luck and usually patient to benefit from such talent - which is really your point on JFH but it's a risk and my opinion is it's a bad one from what I see - but a bit like redevelopment I can't influence it so he and the team have my support but it does not stop me or others expressing observations and concerns.  
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2018, 09:42:39 am »

No need for sarcastic comments

Should I just stick to abusive ones instead?  Wink

I agree with some of what is posted here, we will have Jimmy until the end of the season for sure. A change now is not going to help us in any way in my opinion, we are treading the line at the moment but just a couple of wins could put us a lot closer to survival (which is my only expectation for this season).

Hopefully he keeps us up and gets next season to show us how good a manager he really is, especially with the money he has spent on players. The problem for me is that the majority of the the football has been dire, coupled with really odd tactical substitutions and formations, as well as the results being bad.

I don't agree that the majority of supporters are not behind him and team, I think other than a few groans and shouts during the game, most try and give their vocal support in a positive way. If they want to boo at half-time/full-time then it is their perogative and I don't think JFH or the players should be calling them out on it.

Wasn't at the Oxford game as I was on holiday, but will be interesting to see the response at the next home game.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2018, 10:52:16 am »

Should I just stick to abusive ones instead? 

Please identify any abusive comments (presumably by me?) - if that is what you mean!

Frankly, I don't follow the above comment and am compelled to ask 'what exactly is your problem'?
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2018, 11:13:51 am »

Any club in the Championship? I suggest you’re the f***wit!
TBF, he said any club 'out of the Championship' (sic). Think that can clearly be taken as 'outside of the Championship'...though I'm not sure I entirely agree with that view!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2018, 11:24:46 am »

Interesting that some of you hold the view that an opinion of a 'fan' who hardly ever watches 'his' club is of equal value to that of one who travels everywhere, just as NTFC are holding their annual 'Fan of the Year' award...to be won for the seventh consecutive year by Lee Geary, on his 3,852 consecutive game - or something!  Grin

Maybe such opinions are equally valid - fair enough! Interesting also I think, that when returning from Blackburn last month, West Ham fans we spoke to have Away Season tickets, followed by travelling priority points to ensure tickets.

Whilst that in itself doesn't necessarily address opinion validity, it does directly counter the argument I read on here and elsewhere that going to one game a season makes you equally as much of a fan as those travelling over land & sea...doesn't does it, clearly!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2018, 11:40:29 am »

No offence here, but what you have put is utter tripe in the main!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2018, 11:45:33 am »

Good comments Exile - brave too as at least two or three on here will not be able to accept an opinion which is radically different from theirs! It will be anathema to them! Actually the away support was very supportive for JFH at Skunny so would not include them as the basket cases. Your comment that JFH is an 'artist' is a wee bit fanciful, but I get your point.
Happy to support you on this!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! this thread is hillarious!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: