The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:42:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

J F H

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: J F H  (Read 9645 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2018, 19:17:32 pm »

IMO what Coolie is saying that some regular supporters have by virtue of being consistent supporters may have a greater right to comment on player/manager performance than the occasional supporter. Obviously, this is a contentious issue but at the same time much ado about nothing. Quite why you appear to champion the theory as set out in your last sentence; it almost suggests you have a chip on your shoulder. Why don't you move on, after all, we are all NTFC supporters and that is all that matters? Due to financial constraints, I am unable to go to Blackpool. Finally I still dont really understand 'what is your problem'.

It's all my opinion, deal with it.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #141 on: March 01, 2018, 06:07:25 am »

When you don’t go to any games at all and call those that do “brainless f***wits”  and spout what is and is not good for the team .....  you lose any credibility

I'm sure you've heard worse down the pub, take it in the context in which it's meant.

Your right, I cant get to many games anymore, I'm over 6000 miles away but when I did go home and away week in week out from 1981 through to 1998, I never sat motionless and analysed the game, in truth I was pretty much pissed, singing, messing with my mates etc. It's a social day out, in the Hotel End you would always move around meeting and chatting, at away games I often used to go in "home" ends, to get another perspective and of course to hear our mighty fans singing. Had a few moments of course, once at Feethams and also Twerton Park when my shite drunken west country accent let me down! Big Al's walk around the pitch at Molineux, I couldn't take my eyes off him just strolling around for 20 mins but he goes where he wants.

What I'm badly saying is, at the game, unless your a statto, your undivided attention is not always on the game, but watch on TV with expert analysis you sometimes get a better picture. I don't call anyone who goes to games, but I do feel JFH knows just a little more than some of the untried and untested managers who post on here and for once, just once the short term knee jerk brigade had some patience.

If some feel they've had enough, that's up to them, but they can come up with no realistic alternative. Sack JFH and spend shit loads of money paying him off, pay shit loads to get a tried and tested "stave off relegation" figure in, someone like Gary Johnson maybe? He works with players he didn't sign so blames that when he fucks up and we go down, more money. Or we believe that Jimmy could not sign exactly who he wants in a difficult January window, but if we don't panic, we could use all that money in the summer in a full transfer window allowing Jimmy to finish building a team.

This is of course if he can keep us up, that's the gamble, I would prefer the latter.

Credibility? Here? It's a fucking forum! You could be Noel Cantwell's illegitimate daughter or an MP for all I know, why do you seek credibility on here?

I'll always post an opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2018, 07:27:14 am »

Great post Exile. I've been a ST holder for about third of my 40 adult years. I was never been any less of a supporter during this time. Every cobblers view is valid. Bugger me, we're a small enough fraction without dividing us further along the lines of game attended percentages! We have no option but to get behind Jimmy. I personally just wish he'd be less willing to pick a fight with fans and more focussed on getting his team prepared to run themselves into the ground. E.g. Our ability to desperately avoid the ball whenever we get a throw in!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2018, 08:16:05 am »

I've previously  looked at the line ups in far away pubs and expected Rob Page to go with a pep gaurdiola like 4-2-3-1 with harry beautyman and Alfi potter doing an Iniesta and xavi type roles then get disappointed with a defeat playing 5-4-1 and our very own iniesta and xavi play like they are out of their depths league 1 journey men!

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2018, 12:23:47 pm »

Great post Exile. I've been a ST holder for about third of my 40 adult years. I was never been any less of a supporter during this time. Every cobblers view is valid. Bugger me, we're a small enough fraction without dividing us further along the lines of game attended percentages! We have no option but to get behind Jimmy. I personally just wish he'd be less willing to pick a fight with fans and more focussed on getting his team prepared to run themselves into the ground. E.g. Our ability to desperately avoid the ball whenever we get a throw in!

This short statement probably accounts for 95% of our support. On here which is not always a barometer of overall support, as views are so 'flamboyant' and varied. For example we have one member who promotes ground enhancement; some who find JFH an anathema and would clearly like to see him gone and then there are some who admit to booing their team! Whilst all this fine for the forum and encourages discussion it does not always represent maim stream opinion. We all on here need to unite and adopt a more positive attitude for NTFC, a critical but constructive opinion should be encouraged. More often than not the away support has been magnificent if only the Home Support can follow their example. Why are these two sections so different?

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2018, 13:20:43 pm »

On Monday evening I attended an event at Sixfield's (sponsors evening) and had the pleasure of actually sitting on the same table as Jimmy.

Needless to say, I took the opportunity to ask him a number of questions amongst the general chit chat.

What I will say he's unbelievably honest, and I mean unbelievably. He also appeared to have a real synergy with all of the players that were there that evening, I found myself observing his/their body language when they were in contact…we all know how good the dressing room under Wilder was. And I have the impression that the dressing room is really strong now. Oxford away was our best performance under him in his words when I asked the question..Id 100% agree. Blackburn away was the other one he said from an defensive angle. Again, 100% agree. He spends a couple of nights each week staying locally in a hotel (lives in Surrey) and is clearly extremely committed to the job. I got talking with him a lot about training facilities, he heavily implied that was the prime reason why Burton have boxed way above their weight. They have pretty much the best facilities in the country. I found that interesting because I asked him the question outright…how important are training facilities to a football club?!  The reason I asked that question being its so often debated, and I've never really accepted that they are as important as what some claim them to be. I am now firmly in the camp that its an area that our football club should really prioritise, above any small capacity increase for sure! (if a choice had to be made between the two so hypothetically speaking)

Finally, he's a really nice chap. I face timed my 8 year old who has had a season ticket with Daddy for the last 4 years and has already been too a dozen away games…he absolutely loves the Cobblers...who was at home ready for bed and put him onto Jimmy..magic moment  Smiley

Of course none of this is overly to do with the thread; Im respectful enough not to drill him about tactics and why Grimes never gets subbed, why he played Revell on the wing v Bristol Rovers etc in that environment! But he really came across as someone who knows his football, has full respect from his players etc. Just thought Id share it!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2018, 13:28:19 pm »

On Monday evening I attended an event at Sixfield's (sponsors evening) and had the pleasure of actually sitting on the same table as Jimmy.

Needless to say, I took the opportunity to ask him a number of questions amongst the general chit chat.

Your report is no surprise as I am pretty sure it was 'Terry'  who voiced the opinion " we are lucky to have him". If I am wrong I am sorry.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2018, 14:07:33 pm »

I notice JFH hasn’t done press duties this week .....
Probably not a bad idea after the heavy handed post match interview and actions on Saturday.
Just get the team performing Jimmy and the support will follow
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2018, 15:47:40 pm »

I got talking with him a lot about training facilities, he heavily implied that was the prime reason why Burton have boxed way above their weight. They have pretty much the best facilities in the country. I found that interesting because I asked him the question outright…how important are training facilities to a football club?!  The reason I asked that question being its so often debated, and I've never really accepted that they are as important as what some claim them to be. I am now firmly in the camp that its an area that our football club should really prioritise, above any small capacity increase for sure! (if a choice had to be made between the two so hypothetically speaking)

Great point - having been closer to the club a few years ago I can safely say we have for decades, had amongst the worse training facilities of any professional club - from parks, to schools, from colleges to flooded rugby pitches - frankly awful & it must have a negative affect on players however good the manager's motivation is.

I hesitate to give them praise but R&D when on their way up spent more on their training facilities and did it before putting a roof on the Airwair stand....perhaps a message there for our friend Beds - infrastructure goes beyond stadium capacity.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2018, 15:53:09 pm »

I personally just wish he'd be less willing to pick a fight with fans and more focussed on getting his team prepared to run themselves into the ground. E.g. Our ability to desperately avoid the ball whenever we get a throw in!

Not sure he deliberately picks a fight - a certain amount of provocation but spot on re your last point which drove me mad on Saturday.

I seem to see two completely different sides this season (generally split between home and away) -neither are I think a fantastic side but one chases down every 50-50 ball, makes space and generally look full of energy - this is the side that's getting the draws and the wins - the other side just the opposite - lack lustre, strolling, not making space and always dropping so so deep.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2018, 11:49:05 am »

Moved all of the Redev stuff onto it's correct thread...use it.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: