The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:16:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Scunny (A) 17th Feb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scunny (A) 17th Feb  (Read 9362 times)
mr3teas

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2018, 09:33:21 am »

Absolute tripe .
Grimes has dropped off but other teams close him down more now .
He was responsible for their first goal yesterday but has generally been decent for us .
Grin Really ok on Saturday watch what he actually does during the game then in your later post you contradict yourself laughable really
Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2018, 09:40:23 am »

We are now 1 point above relegation. Everybody else has games in hand on us and everybody has a better goal difference. We need to win 5 out of our last 12 games to stay up, we have only won 1 in our last 5.

Stats are great as they can be twisted to suit particular arguments....For those with a half full cup..Our last 12 games have given us 15 pts which is the same as winning said 5 games and 52pts in total  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
guest2995

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2018, 09:50:31 am »

Grin Really ok on Saturday watch what he actually does during the game then in your later post you contradict yourself laughable really
He was one of the players at fault for the first goal and didn’t play well yesterday but to say he is one of the worst players to play for us is absolute nonsense
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2018, 09:59:32 am »

Grimes needs to be in a midfield three to get the best out of him. I think he's a quality player but relying on him to be main protection for the defence is madness hence why we're constantly over ran.

Feel like the previous good results are just a reflection of decent players muddling through a **** system. We never controlled any of those games and were just clinical, even against MK I'd argue they were the better side for most of the match.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2018, 10:01:03 am »

I always thought that Poole did a great job in the holding midfield role earlier in the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2018, 10:01:21 am »

Absolute tripe .
Grimes has dropped off but other teams close him down more now .
He was responsible for their first goal yesterday but has generally been decent for us .

I think grimes has been bang average 99% of the time. As others have said we are in desperate need of a hard tackling general in tge middle of the park. Their first goal was laughable yesterday in how far the lad was allowed to travel unchallenged and was reminiscent of the first 20 mins against gillingham. Lightweight grimes being in there is part of the problem.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2018, 10:02:56 am »

He was one of the players at fault for the first goal and didn’t play well yesterday but to say he is one of the worst players to play for us is absolute nonsense

In this instance B&S is probably correct in saying that Grimes is not the worst Cobblers player.....ever.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2018, 10:03:46 am »

Grimes is clearly nowhere near the worst Cobbler ever but he is becoming a serious problem. His contribution beyond set pieces is negligible, yet I’d bet he is the first name on the team sheet every week. His standard contribution (probably 7/10 times when in possession) is to pass it backwards to Taylor, who then launches it forward. Somebody please tell me what he contributes outside of taking every set piece (too often poorly)?

Good post Patmore!

Those that think he should be playing need to wake up to our predicament, and I include the manager in this group. 7 pages here and barely a mention of relegation. Look at how Wimbledon and their fans celebrated their winner yesterday and you can tell they know where they are and are fighting for every point.

We are now 1 point above relegation. Everybody else has games in hand on us and everybody has a better goal difference. We need to win 5 out of our last 12 games to stay up, we have only won 1 in our last 5. Our Last two outings at home have been horrific showings and on both occasions the opposition managers have out thought JFH. We seem to be relying on our away form to save us at the moment. Statistics for all teams across all divisions will tell you how much of a worrying situation that is.

We have goals in the team now, what we need is a bit of fight/bite/steel/ in front of the back four to give our attacking players the chance to go and play. It is at the point of being glaringly obvious.

Pressing on with Grimes and Crooks in midfield is going to cost us. It did yesterday, and if anyone does manage to spot Grimes at any point during their first goal please let me know.

Top post mate
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2018, 10:05:50 am »

Grimes needs to be in a midfield three to get the best out of him. I think he's a quality player but relying on him to be main protection for the defence is madness hence why we're constantly over ran.

Feel like the previous good results are just a reflection of decent players muddling through a **** system. We never controlled any of those games and were just clinical, even against MK I'd argue they were the better side for most of the match.
I think that’s true , Grimes would thrive more with McWilliams next to him screening the back 4.
Grimes and crooks are asked to do a lot in this team whist the wide players coast - particularly if your name is Powell who pretends to defend and hardly ever causes problems going forward .
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2018, 10:13:28 am »

I think that’s true , Grimes would thrive more with McWilliams next to him screening the back 4.
Grimes and crooks are asked to do a lot in this team whist the wide players coast - particularly if your name is Powell who pretends to defend and hardly ever causes problems going forward .

Actual genuine question here, is Grimes much of an upgrade on Matt Taylor, I don't see that he brings too much that Taylor bought to the table? So are we any better off?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2018, 10:18:34 am »

I just love it "loose" .....  Oh, you bad man, you.....    Kiss Kiss Kiss

I hope you realise Loosen is a verb? Sounds like you follow urban dictionary?
Report Spam   Logged

Stag

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2018, 10:19:57 am »

I repeat - Grimes had a chance with Otoole doing the donkey work for him against Gillingham and was once again woeful.
He repeatedly offers nothing in all required aspects of the position he occupies.  The longer it takes those in office to realise this the greater the chance of relegation.
How about Foley actually gets the chance to play in the position he has played in for the vast majority of his career just in from the of the back 4 - in fact the 1 position JFH has never played him in
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2018, 10:21:20 am »

Actual genuine question here, is Grimes much of an upgrade on Matt Taylor, I don't see that he brings too much that Taylor bought to the table? So are we any better off?

Yes
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2018, 10:26:20 am »

I noticed yesterday that Sc***horpe closed us down in 2s and 3s which is something we rarely do. Ideally I'd like to see our team with more urgency, get in the faces of the opposition more and play with a higher tempo.

All that said. It might be time to just try and grind our results, as we are in a precarious predicament. Interesting that ROD hasn't been mentioned too much yet if Cornell had made that mistake...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2018, 10:33:49 am »

I repeat - Grimes had a chance with Otoole doing the donkey work for him against Gillingham and was once again woeful.
He repeatedly offers nothing in all required aspects of the position he occupies.  The longer it takes those in office to realise this the greater the chance of relegation.
How about Foley actually gets the chance to play in the position he has played in for the vast majority of his career just in from the of the back 4 - in fact the 1 position JFH has never played him in
JJOT had a poor game against Gilllingham and didn’t break up play as he should .
So , you would have Foley in instead of Grimes ?
Can you remind if something that Foley has done to make a difference in a game ? He’s not a first choice player.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2018, 11:06:07 am »

The debate about grimes is like Groundhog Day, he is being played far too deep as a “quarterback “ and often is sitting on top of the centre backs - I’d like to see him playing further upfield as there is a player there it’s just his consistency that is at question. Also with grimes quite often if he has a poor first 10 minutes then that sets the tone for the rest of the game.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2018, 11:09:20 am »

Undoubtably . Taylor had one asset and one asset only .
Both goals yesterday provided for by Grimes btw , just like Ash Taylor’s the other day .
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2018, 12:14:18 pm »

From dead balls.

There is a you tube video somewhere of all his goals and assists at Exeter. They are virtually all dead balls.

He offers nothing outside of this.

Bunny delivery in open play is better than Grimes’ free kicks. I wonder if he could do a job on set pieces.
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16:40 pm »

Grimes needs to be in a midfield three to get the best out of him.

The trouble being he is in a midfield three and has been all year.
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2018, 12:29:05 pm »

JJOT had a poor game against Gilllingham and didn’t break up play as he should .
So,you would have Foley in instead of Grimes ?
Can you remind if something that Foley has done to make a difference in a game ? He’s not a first choice player.

So it was JJOT’s fault that Grimes was sh@te?

Foley has given a creditable account of himself every time he has featured. I’d love to see how he plays in his own preferred position. Just once would be nice. Alternatively McWilliams would be fine too.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: