The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:24:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Scunny (A) 17th Feb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scunny (A) 17th Feb  (Read 9370 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2018, 13:45:44 pm »

I can tell who's good or bad when I watch the game live. Dumbo.

Yet again someone that has a different opinion to you is wrong nevers!

Can you two literary geniuses please take a look at the Chron report on the game as it differs so much from yours. Mind you the reporter was there!

#confused
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3114

« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2018, 13:58:30 pm »

In my eyes this is not a difficult game. You obviously need possession to score and to stop them scoring. That means when our blokes are on the ball they needs 3 or 4 players making themselves available, and when the opposition have the ball our lot need to be up theirs arse in seconds. Too many times of late our players seem isolated with no options especially down the channel. Also far too much time and space is being given to the sides we are playing against, again a bit too often for my liking. All that says to me is some of our lot are not quite giving their all? I’m not saying they are taking the p1ss, just not quite up for it, with some obvious exceptions. Good result though, and some decent performances today so don’t want to be too negative. Would have taken a point all day long before kick off.
Following on from this the back line is sitting too deep and there is just too much space between the team as a whole. A higher line comes at a risk but if we are going to press, which we need to more, it’s necessary. How deep was the line for their first goal? I couldn’t see exactly but if they have been 20 yards higher near halfway at least you’ve got a chance of closing the player down. It was compounded by all the back peddling maintaining the space. It was the same for nearly every chance Scunny had. A higher one would allow us to press more and give more options in possession. Comes at a risk but it needs to be compressed between the last defender and Long or whoever and move cohesively forward and back as a unit. That’s what I reckon anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2018, 15:23:34 pm »

Can you two literary geniuses please take a look at the Chron report on the game as it differs so much from yours. Mind you the reporter was there!

#confused

You really can be a self righteous twonk, sometimes Evers. No one would mind if you carried any authority but half the time you seem to have lost the thread of the conversation, so when you continually belittle and correct other posters it's a bit like watching Bill Gates get lectured on how to be successful in business by David Brent.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2018, 15:34:45 pm »

You really can be a self righteous twonk, sometimes Evers. No one would mind if you carried any authority but half the time you seem to have lost the thread of the conversation, so when you continually belittle and correct other posters it's a bit like watching Bill Gates get lectured on how to be successful in business by David Brent.

Which is what you do par excellence. Can you ever write a post without resulting in abuse? All I have done is asked the two posters have they read the Chron report. Your post is nothing more than a contrived effort to belittle me with abuse.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2018, 15:53:16 pm »

Do you have to turn every thread into inane bollocks.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2018, 16:05:54 pm »

Do you have to turn every thread into inane bollocks.

Yep sorry BoN  Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged

guest3103

« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2018, 16:06:46 pm »

Which is what you do par excellence. Can you ever write a post without resulting in abuse? All I have done is asked the two posters have they read the Chron report. Your post is nothing more than a contrived effort to belittle me with abuse.

Stop polluting every thread you come into contact with.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2018, 16:21:47 pm »

That's a bit rich. I've just read our respective last 20 posts. 4 of mine could be construed as being "abusive"; one was a slightly sarcastic response to Beds saying we had no money, the other 3 of which were aimed at you!
Of your last 20 posts, 12 of them are passive aggressive or argumentative towards other posters.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2018, 16:40:08 pm »

That's a bit rich. I've just read our respective last 20 posts. 4 of mine could be construed as being "abusive"; one was a slightly sarcastic response to Beds saying we had no money, the other 3 of which were aimed at you!
Of your last 20 posts, 12 of them are passive aggressive or argumentative towards other posters.

Ok so no outright abuse! Anyway if its ok with you back to the thread. Thanks all the same.
Report Spam   Logged

bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2018, 16:53:18 pm »

Grimes is clearly nowhere near the worst Cobbler ever but he is becoming a serious problem. His contribution beyond set pieces is negligible, yet I’d bet he is the first name on the team sheet every week. His standard contribution (probably 7/10 times when in possession) is to pass it backwards to Taylor, who then launches it forward. Somebody please tell me what he contributes outside of taking every set piece (too often poorly)?

Those that think he should be playing need to wake up to our predicament, and I include the manager in this group. 7 pages here and barely a mention of relegation. Look at how Wimbledon and their fans celebrated their winner yesterday and you can tell they know where they are and are fighting for every point.

This is actually an extremely well-argued and pertinent post.

The problem with Grimes is that his technical aptitude and pedigree mask a worrying lack of genuine contribution. How many assists has he actually made this season? How many goals has he scored? How many significant tackles?

Crooks has some of the same problems, but a) I would argue that he's made more decisive contributions over the season (e.g. recently at AFW) and b) he's our player and is presumably more personally invested in the idea of us staying up.

For me, it's quite simple: we're scoring a decent amount of goals at the moment, but we're also conceding too many. The return of Facey will bolster the defence but using a more defensively minded midfielder in place of Grimes is the one move that would really make the difference.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2018, 17:46:03 pm »

The problem with Grimes is that his technical aptitude and pedigree mask a worrying lack of genuine contribution. How many assists has he actually made this season? How many goals has he scored? How many significant tackles?

Sorry, Mr Bungle I don't quite agree with you on Grimes.

The game was an interesting one. Defensively we played well, very well at times. It was the defence which earnt us the draw. I got the impression that JFH asked the midfield to play deep. Worked ok until their player ran 60 yds unchallenged which may not have happened if midfield were in a more normal midfield stance. Can undertand the criticism of Grimes but maybe it was more tactics Both Powell and Aribiyi played as virtual wing backs (some of the time). Aribiyi caught the eye with a couple of strong runs and I agree with many at the game that he should hold his place in the team. Long's performance was underlined by a goal - which proved invaluable! He ran around well but his actual performance was very much muted by inadequate service.
Had we had more attacking threat we would have probably won. I appreciated the way the side came into the game more effectively second half, they looked fit and demonstrated that with a consistent pressing game on and off the ball; which of course the camera does not always capture.  We did not look a relegation side but at the moment it's a close call. One saving is that there are more clubs involved in this particular relegation battle!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 17:53:29 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2018, 18:17:12 pm »

Grimes is clearly nowhere near the worst Cobbler ever but he is becoming a serious problem. His contribution beyond set pieces is negligible, yet I’d bet he is the first name on the team sheet every week. His standard contribution (probably 7/10 times when in possession) is to pass it backwards to Taylor, who then launches it forward. Somebody please tell me what he contributes outside of taking every set piece (too often poorly)?

Sums our fans up. Blame Grimes for Taylor launching the ball forward. I hate the communal groan you hear at Sixfields when a player dares to pass the ball backwards in an attempt at keeping possessions.

GET IT FOOOOORWARD!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2018, 18:56:20 pm »

Mr Bungle

Good band. Dead Goon is a highlight.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2018, 19:02:20 pm »

This is actually an extremely well-argued and pertinent post.

Crooks has some of the same problems, but a) I would argue that he's made more decisive contributions over the season (e.g. recently at AFW) and b) he's our player and is presumably more personally invested in the idea of us staying up.

For me, it's quite simple: we're scoring a decent amount of goals at the moment, but we're also conceding too many. The return of Facey will bolster the defence but using a more defensively minded midfielder in place of Grimes is the one move that would really make the difference.

Do you actually watch the games of just spout rubbish?
Grimes has assisted in the last three goals we have scored
Report Spam   Logged
Stag

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2018, 19:07:43 pm »

Sums our fans up. Blame Grimes for Taylor launching the ball forward. I hate the communal groan you hear at Sixfields when a player dares to pass the ball backwards in an attempt at keeping possessions.

GET IT FOOOOORWARD!

If Grimes is unable to pick a pass which is evident by his repeatedly passsing to Taylor  - what is he there for ?? - he doesnt repossess ; he doesnt screen ; he hasnt got a trick ; he doesnt beat anyone ; he doesnt drive into oppositions box ;
What does he do  .. shovelfoots freekicks and corners into the first man..."hits broadbrush areas" with deadballs which Im sure the majority of the other midfields could do anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2018, 19:24:52 pm »

If Grimes is unable to pick a pass which is evident by his repeatedly passing to Taylor  - what is he there for ?? - he doesn't repossess; he doesn't screen; he hasn't got a trick; he doesn't
[/anyone; anyone; he doesn't drive into oppositions box ;
What does he do  .. shovelfoots freekicks and corners into the first man..."hits broadbrush areas" with deadballs which Im sure the majority of the other midfields could do anyway.
I always thought he was slightly better than that! Three recent assists are pretty useful. Nearly won us the game on Sat with his last min free kick. Still it's all about opinions.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2018, 19:45:11 pm »

I always thought he was slightly better than that! Three recent assists are pretty useful. Nearly won us the game on Sat with his last min free kick. Still it's all about opinions.

Nearly won us the game?? It was as close to the goal as those blokes taking half time shots at the crossbar!! Woeful free-kick!!

Josh Morris nearly won Scunny the game with his freekick......well saved by O'Donnell.

You're not having a love-in with Grimes now like you did with Taylor are you Evers??  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2018, 19:50:17 pm »

If Grimes is unable to pick a pass which is evident by his repeatedly passsing to Taylor  - what is he there for ??

I'm confused. In this scenario, is he unable to pass the ball or has he passed to Taylor? Please confirm.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3114

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2018, 19:58:11 pm »

We’ve changed 9 players but the spine of the team has remained pretty much unchanged all season. Whilst it’s full of talent I think there’s an element of flattering to deceive. It just seems a bit short on certain qualities. There are reasons we are where we are. Don’t get me wrong, I think we are ok, but it seems that might not be enough?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2018, 21:37:33 pm »

Nearly won us the game?? It was as close to the goal as those blokes taking half time shots at the crossbar!! Woeful free-kick!!

Josh Morris nearly won Scunny the game with his freekick......well saved by O'Donnell.

You're not having a love-in with Grimes now like you did with Taylor are you Evers??  Grin

I feel sometimes certain players are unfairly picked on/criticized and this latest scenario on Grimes is just that. He is surely better than one punter recently suggested. Three assists in recent games are not to be sniffed at. Frankly, the winning goal he scored at Gillingham lives long in the memory. He had shockers against Rochdale and Gillingham, but did a wee bit better at Sc***horpe.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: