The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:32:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bayo

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bayo  (Read 38753 times)
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:13:03 am »

Sammo said in his interview that Bayo would make his decision and let him know tomorrow.

I reckon our chances of him staying are 25%.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

At least he is giving Sammo the decency of knowing at an early stage as opposed to a lengthy will he or wont he, means Sammo can get on with either Plan A or Plan B.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
e17

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:52 am »

We have a plan B?  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
DoD

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 16:17:45 pm »

Sammo has said that there are some players he has his eye on if Bayo leaves
Report Spam   Logged
tigger2002

great badge

View Profile
Apple User Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 17:01:58 pm »

hope he dont leave, but we could get two or three players for his wage. Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 17:11:32 pm »

Sammo has said that there are some players he has his eye on if Bayo leaves

If Bayo doesn't accept his offer or we can shift one of the three on the transfer list pretty sharp-ish, the Monster from Michigan will be getting a new deal.
Report Spam   Logged

tigger2002

great badge

View Profile
Apple User Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 17:53:34 pm »

not a lot wrong with the monster, as you call him, that a bit of training wont put right. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
supajama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 18:07:31 pm »

Pretty sure Bayo will leave but.....

If he decides to stay can the club please ensure HE SIGNS THE CONTRACT FIRST before announcing it.

Last thing we need is another "verbal agreement" only to see him sign for another club a couple of weeks before season starts and leave us up the creek and having to re-sign Constans***e!
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 19:10:46 pm »

If he goes it will be sad.
However....who knows who or how many decent players we could pick up for his wages.....things ain't getting easier out there and it could be a blessing in disguise.
Having said that...I really wish he would stay....along with Thornton...
Report Spam   Logged
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 19:22:59 pm »

I think Im one of the few fans that wouldnt mind seeing Bayo move on. He is right with what he said earlier this week though

"The Cobbles have helped me get back to what I was before breaking my leg," he said.

"But I've finished as the top goal scorer for the last two seasons, so I like to think it's an even partnership, and that I've given something back."

If he didnt sign it would allow us to sign other players which benefits the squad but on the other hand, we lose our top goalscorer, which this club has lacked for the last god knows how many years !!

I wouldnt mind us saying goodbye to Bayo as we could improve the squad with his 'higher' wages
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 19:44:07 pm »

I think in all seriousness that it'll be another team's set of fans who'll be feeling the love next season - and I don't think we could begrudge the big man a move. It'd be one huge morale booster if he decides to stay, however.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 21:01:09 pm »

Totally agree that it will be a morale booster if Bayo stays ............ but feel that it is probably unlikely.
Hopefully we will find out one way or another tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 21:07:59 pm »

He deserves a move to a bigger club, no-one should begrudge him it. Last summer Coke went back on his word and Danny Jac*** suffered a terrible knee injury Tongue , but Bayo, despite interest in him from Championship sides, never complained, never put in a transfer request, just got his head down and got on with it. He'll certainly be getting a round of applause and a big cheer if he does ever return to Sixfields in another team's shirt, which is more than can be said for the two aforementioned muppets.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 21:10:01 pm by NTFC Nut » Report Spam   Logged

abington_cobbler

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 21:15:17 pm »

I would love Bayo to stay but it is unlikely but Bayo is going to give Sammo plenty of time to replace him with an early decision.  Perhaps the wages saved would get us 2 or 3 players in to replace him? And like NTFC Nut said he will defo get a good reaction if he did come back playing against us.
Report Spam   Logged
Rude Boy

TOWN

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 11:33:01 am »

Any news yet ? Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 12:03:20 pm »

I reckon no news is good news...

If he says no, the club can just announce it.

If he says yes, they *probably wont announce it until he has signed the deal after the problems with Coke last season!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 18:47:46 pm »

Just in Bayo leaves......

To go out a meet a mate.. Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 19:34:43 pm »

I'm surprised

To go out a meet a mate.. Shocked
I'm surprised he hasn't informed Sammo yet, feels like i spent a week reading that! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 22:16:36 pm »

I reckon no news is good news...

If he says no, the club can just announce it.

If he says yes, they *probably wont announce it until he has signed the deal after the problems with Coke last season!

I would personally say the opposite.

I think had the answer been positive the spin-machine would have gone into overload and it would have been plastered all over the official site within minutes. The club are more than happy to share news with fans if it's something they want to hear.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2010, 03:48:08 am »

to go out a meet a mate.. Shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_leaf  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: