The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:04:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford.  (Read 25807 times)
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2018, 20:18:59 pm »

Rubbish again ad no boss in our history has been given the buget jimmy has.

Yes, it must be all rubbish if you say so. Again no credible discussion. Colin Calderwood was given a comparative budget allowing for the inflated prices now paid in wages and fees I would suggest. Colin was with us for three years before finally achieving success in 2006. Jimmy has been with us since September.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2018, 20:28:00 pm »

I don't want a manager in charge who is going to think of us as "little old Northampton". I don't want a manager in charge who is afraid to set up our team to go at other teams. Such a small minded mentality.

That doesn't mean I want JFH sacked btw. Just that I don't want him in charge.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2018, 20:30:14 pm »

Jimmy's PR certainly could do with a bit of work and that's being kind.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2018, 20:36:14 pm »

That doesn't mean I want JFH sacked btw. Just that I don't want him in charge.

Sorry, I don't follow. Forgive me but if he isn't sacked he would be in charge would he not. Maybe that's not what you meant?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2018, 20:36:55 pm »

JFH won’t change - there is a streak of arrogance that suggests he will do it his way whatever (even if we are relegated and I suspect no skin of his nose if we do) - Wilder went through s***e phases with both us and the blades - but he was testing and learning and it’s where you need a level of humility - JFH lacks that, and with his current very limited tactical ability unlikely to get any better - we might just stay up but this manager is not going to take us to better things.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #245 on: February 24, 2018, 20:41:16 pm »

I hear Sol Campbell is available if we fancy another change!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #246 on: February 24, 2018, 20:42:07 pm »

Sorry, I don't follow. Forgive me but if he isn't sacked he would be in charge would he not. Maybe that's not what you meant?

I mean I don't like him as our manager. I'd rather he wasn't in charge. I also appreciate it's nowhere near bad enough yet to demand a change and it's also completely the wrong time to change a manager.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2018, 20:43:43 pm »

How do these managers get their international coaching badges?

Groundhog day for me, despite new managers, 100's of different players, modern player tracking technology, top physical, medical and mental help, awareness and facilities
the football on show today was little different to many games from 15 years ago and more.

Basically get it away from our goal is the main objective. How can any qualified coach and manager stand and watch his team at home play one central striker who never once won a header or even gained possession from our clearances. First half Long actually mades some good runs between their centre-half but we always kicked it to the defender, when Long was near the ball he never won it.

How the hell you lot put up with that week after week is beyond me. What a load of old cobblers!
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2018, 20:46:01 pm »

JFH won’t change - there is a streak of arrogance that suggests he will do it his way whatever (even if we are relegated and I suspect no skin of his nose if we do) - Wilder went through s***e phases with both us and the blades - but he was testing and learning and it’s where you need a level of humility - JFH lacks that, and with his current very limited tactical ability unlikely to get any better - we might just stay up but this manager is not going to take us to better things.

Are you suggesting that Jimmy wouldn't care if he adds a relegation to his CV? I find this very hard to believe. Jimmy I feel will wan't to succeed in the way Wilder eventually did and then move on up the manager pecking order with a larger more high profile club in the same fashion.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2018, 20:53:51 pm »

How do these managers get their international coaching badges?

Groundhog day for me, despite new managers, 100's of different players, modern player tracking technology, top physical, medical and mental help, awareness and facilities
the football on show today was little different to many games from 15 years ago and more.

Basically get it away from our goal is the main objective. How can any qualified coach and manager stand and watch his team at home play one central striker who never once won a header or even gained possession from our clearances. First half Long actually mades some good runs between their centre-half but we always kicked it to the defender, when Long was near the ball he never won it.

How the hell you lot put up with that week after week is beyond me. What a load of old cobblers!

We should have won. We made the chances. We didn't score. Several players were guilty but this happens. How many games over the last 15 years have we been battered only to sneak up the other end and get a fortunate winner. We take those days just when they come along like we should take games like today in the same fashion.

Suffer well.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2018, 21:05:49 pm »

How can any qualified coach and manager stand and watch his team at home play one central striker who never once won a header or even gained possession from our clearances.

1. As I've pointed out many times before, playing one up front is pretty much the rule these days at all levels. Welcome to the 21st Century.
2. As he's pointed out, his other striking options are injured.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2018, 21:10:10 pm »

Are you suggesting that Jimmy wouldn't care if he adds a relegation to his CV? I find this very hard to believe. Jimmy I feel will wan't to succeed in the way Wilder eventually did and then move on up the manager pecking order with a larger more high profile club in the same fashion.
He moved up the "pecking order" at QPR. And failed.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2018, 21:10:36 pm »

1. As I've pointed out many times before, playing one up front is pretty much the rule these days at all levels. Welcome to the 21st Century.

1 when playing said syste the striker needs to hold the ball up and bring ithets into play as the previous poster has said  to make the system work, that did not happen as said striker was and us regually so isolated.
2. Is down to his inability to bring in another recognised striker when he should have done on letting revs and rico
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 24, 2018, 21:12:47 pm »

I mean I don't like him as our manager. I'd rather he wasn't in charge. I also appreciate it's nowhere near bad enough yet to demand a change and it's also completely the wrong time to change a manager.

Exactly how I feel.

In the short term, I fear he will not make some obvious changes and will take us down. But changing manager now would be a terrible decision.  

Long term, I’m pretty sure this tenure is going nowhere.
Report Spam   Logged
bringbackbroadhurst

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #254 on: February 24, 2018, 21:16:59 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been picked up on, but that was our first clean sheet since 25 November (0-0 v Bury).

In news that should shock no-one, we haven't kept back-to-back clean sheets this season. You have to go back to August 2016 for that (Two more 0-0 draws under the stewardship of some guy called Rob Page).
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2018, 21:17:46 pm »

That’s exactly what I’m suggesting- you make the mistake of thinking managers and players care as much as supporters - bad managers continue to get jobs irrespective of performance plus add a “name” factor and they are guaranteed a living (agreed maybe not progressing much) - JFH is tactically terrible and lacks the inspiration factor - both failings clear to see today - did you see our movement for throw ins? - truly pathetic.
Significantly JFH has sold or totally sidelined certain players with passion - they may have their faults and shortcomings but I suspect these are players who challenged the dire tactics
Report Spam   Logged
Stag

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2018, 21:28:01 pm »

Surely JFH deserves some credit for not picking Grimes today?
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2018, 21:43:15 pm »

That’s exactly what I’m suggesting- you make the mistake of thinking managers and players care as much as supporters - bad managers continue to get jobs irrespective of performance plus add a “name” factor and they are guaranteed a living (agreed maybe not progressing much) - JFH is tactically terrible and lacks the inspiration factor - both failings clear to see today - did you see our movement for throw ins? - truly pathetic.
Significantly JFH has sold or totally sidelined certain players with passion - they may have their faults and shortcomings but I suspect these are players who challenged the dire tactics

Here are six pages of managers currently without a job (and that's just the English ones).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/?statistik=189&plus=0

Are they guaranteed a living? Some may have retired or earn a crust as a pundit but not all.

I do take you point on throw ins, something I have mentioned myself, shocking, but this seems to have been the case for years. Bring back Tozer shall we Grin

Rico, Revell are gone. Now employed at the correct level in my view although Richards might just get promoted back with Swindon, time will tell. Good luck to him. Buchanan was the week link early in the season, not because he did't care or try but because he has become slower naturally. I hope you didn't mean Hanley  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2018, 21:46:06 pm »

The problem is not playing one up front.

The problem is the whole balance of the team is wrong. JJOT is the physical presence. There is nobody else out there capable of winning the ball in midfield / up front. It is very difficult to control the game without some of these types of player.

The problem is playing people out of position. Haven’t we got a squad of 35 or something? Why the f@ck do we keep picking players out of their natural positions. Somebody please explain to me why the f@cking, f@ck we finished with two right backs on the pitch today!?

The problem is a negative mindset, an obsession with stopping the opposition from playing. The result is constant tinkering and fiddling with our team, disrupting any possibility of the flow or continuity that comes with a settled side.

The problem is that players who have performed well are inexplicably dropped/subbed to execute these negative plans. Meanwhile, those that perform poorly on a consistent basis keep their place (Grimes, Bunny).

The problem is that things are being over complicated.
Pick a system that plays to the strengths of the players in our squad.
Make sure our players are well drilled in the mechanics of this system.
Pick players in their natural positions to fulfil the roles within this system.
Let the squad offer natural competition for places. If players perform they keep the shirt, if they don’t give the next guy a chance.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #259 on: February 24, 2018, 21:51:40 pm »

I was very disappointed with JFH today. His sacastic applause to the crowd was not good! How dare you question our judgment of you and your team! We have not been ‘entertained ‘ in the last 3 home games and have put up with poor football for 2 years in L1. You have been given good support by the management and it is not producing good results. Your players are paid more than most of us earn and you excuse them by saying that they are not fully match fit. Give me strength...what do you do with them all week Jimmy! NOBODY WANTS THE BLOODY BALL FROM A THROW IN!!!!
I love football but you are serving up boring dross! Get a grip and realise that Hoskins (who I had great hopes for) is not good enough! The boos were at your substitution choice...not the players!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: