The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:05:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford.  (Read 25781 times)
Razor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2018, 20:34:03 pm »

Reckon we’ll end up with Bunney up front if they start dropping like flies? Did occur to me it was one of the benefits considered when we signed him?

I'll stick my neck out and say that if Bunney plays up front before the end of the season we'll be in League Two next year.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 21:11:36 pm »

Should be a healthy gate. Poxford have sold 1,300 so far. Would hope for over 6,500 pushing 7,000
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2018, 21:32:26 pm »

Not sure if your logic here?

Not sure about the "if".....  please explain in English what you mean, exactly?Huh?Huh??
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2018, 22:46:04 pm »

I'll stick my neck out and say that if Bunney plays up front before the end of the season we'll be in League Two next year.
Probably right I’d say, not my preferred option either. Shows how desperate we’d be if Long cops it to be even putting this out there?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2018, 06:27:05 am »

Considering Hoskins is fairly consistently in the team anyway it seems a little unfair on him to say he's not good enough to be a back--up striker.

But it's true
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2018, 08:15:19 am »

What if a game situation demands we play more than one striker?

So if we lose our 2 first team strikers, and by some chance we need to play 2 strikers?

What if Chelsea lost Morata and Giroud, Tottenham lost Kane and Llorente, Man City lost Aguero and Jesus?

Mathis has never started a mans game of football in his life and i am not sure why he is here .

He's here to play 3rd choice striker in a team that players 1 striker.

For the record, we are also a team that only plays 1 goalkeeper per a game. O'Donnell was down injured for a bit last home match. Does anyone think we would have been better suited to buy at least another first choice keeper?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:20 am »

Thanks Wolvo for bothering to explain it. I don't know what people expect. Oh cue standard Berahino, Pearce had never played a league game before joining us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2018, 11:33:31 am »

So if we lose our 2 first team strikers, and by some chance we need to play 2 strikers?

What if Chelsea lost Morata and Giroud, Tottenham lost Kane and Llorente, Man City lost Aguero and Jesus?

He's here to play 3rd choice striker in a team that players 1 striker.

For the record, we are also a team that only plays 1 goalkeeper per a game. O'Donnell was down injured for a bit last home match. Does anyone think we would have been better suited to buy at least another first choice keeper?
Yes , all logical and perfectly sound points which I agree with but the point I’m trying to make is that Mathis is not an option to starting a game as a lone striker when he has never played 90 minutes of men’s football.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2018, 11:40:57 am »

Why do cobblers fans always think the worst?

What happens if?

What happens if the sky falls in?
What happens if we are three nil up and the four horsemen of the apocalypse show up?
What happens if they fix the part of road that the puddle forms in?

Miserable feckers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2018, 12:00:38 pm »

Why do cobblers fans always think the worst?

What happens if?

What happens if the sky falls in?
What happens if we are three nil up and the four horsemen of the apocalypse show up?
What happens if they fix the part of road that the puddle forms in?

Miserable feckers.
What if the bloke next to you sh!ts himself? Pot kettle Frank, pot kettle? Or in your case Vick’s Vapour Rub Febreze?
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2018, 12:14:51 pm »

What if the bloke next to you sh!ts himself? Pot kettle Frank, pot kettle? Or in your case Vick’s Vapour Rub Febreze?

No, Vick's vapour rub would open up my airways. That would make thigs much much worse.   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2018, 12:16:11 pm »

A big hello to any Oxford fans looking in on our pre match thoughts and hopes  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2018, 12:29:41 pm »

Yes , all logical and perfectly sound points which I agree with but the point I’m trying to make is that Mathis is not an option to starting a game as a lone striker when he has never played 90 minutes of men’s football.

Agreed, I also wouldn't fancy an untested player leading the front line... but that's sadly inevitable when you injure your first choice, and then second choice player in any position.

It happens at every club (Chelsea last night played at home with no recognised striker) as it is completely unfeasible to expect 3 or more 'first team players' in every one position. And more frustratingly, FA rules won't allow an emergency loan for outfield players.

Look at when we had Phillips and Moloney injured, McWilliams stepped up. Mathis (or even Hoskins) may work with O'Toole behind.

In saying all this, watch Long smash a first half hat trick on Saturday with Van Veen back in training on the Monday...  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2018, 13:21:53 pm »

Looks like Oxford are going to hire Craig Bellamy as manager.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 13:40:07 pm »

A good head on his shoulders. It will make them an even more likable club.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2018, 13:56:33 pm »

Yep could be in place by Saturday, I know all managers are a bit of a gamble but you'd say this would be more than most given their position.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43142449
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2018, 14:32:36 pm »

Hilarious to read the forum when Bellamy was first mentioned and they were up in arms about it. Now it's happening he's suddenly the best young coach in the game!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2018, 15:06:08 pm »

Bellamy is only slightly more likeable than Appleton ....
Not great news if they appoint him just before they play us
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2018, 15:14:04 pm »

Bellamy is only slightly more likeable than Appleton ....
Not great news if they appoint him just before they play us

Jimmy will sort him out  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2018, 16:14:05 pm »

I bet Bellamy will have them playing Warnock style sh*thouse football in double quick time.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: