The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:17:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford.  (Read 25772 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2018, 16:34:45 pm »

Should be a healthy gate. Poxford have sold 1,300 so far. Would hope for over 6,500 pushing 7,000
They sold their 940 allocation way back! Given another 400 (East Stand) as second batch last week. Do think there could well be a few no shows...their confidence has nose dived in spectacular fashion since their one off win at the Valley!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2018, 18:34:04 pm »

...though the appointment of Craig Bellamy by the end of the week, should have them back as immediate play-off contenders again!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2018, 18:35:45 pm »

They sold their 940 allocation way back! Given another 400 (East Stand) as second batch last week. Do think there could well be a few no shows...their confidence has nose dived in spectacular fashion since their one off win at the Valley!

Hard to tell about no shows......they were mid-table when tickets went on sale, the game meant little. Their nose dive has added extra importance to the fixture.....surely that wouldn't mean no-shows!!

Latest update from them....they've sold all 944 behind the goal and around 460 of their 513 East Stand allocation.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest2995

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2018, 18:46:51 pm »

In all seriousness , one thing we need to do much better is come out the blocks with much more energy .
Jimmy needs to nip back to Amsterdam and get some poppers down the boys in the tunnel .... ahhh the days of Sunday morning football !!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2018, 18:51:08 pm »

My team for Oxford would be as follows;

O'Donnell

Facey            Taylor      Turnbull         Buchanan

Ariyibi            Crooks     Grimes          Bunney

O'Toole

Long

Subs - Cornell, Moloney, Foley, Berto, Powell, Hoskins, Mathis or Poole

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2018, 19:47:18 pm »

Latest update from them....they've sold all 944 behind the goal and around 460 of their 513 East Stand allocation.

But but but but we need a bigger away end...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2090

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2018, 21:10:59 pm »

But but but but we need a bigger away end...  Grin

But but but, Pompey took 6,200 to Mk dons and 1,150 to us, yes a Tuesday night, but there is no doubt if the end was bigger and you could pay on the day teams would bring more fans. Just look at the away attendances at the dons for away fans and compare them to us..
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2018, 07:54:16 am »

I don't want 6,000 Portsmouth fans coming to Sixfields and creating an atmosphere that makes it feel like a home game for their players.

Milton Keynes' customers don't seem to have cottoned on to the fact that with such a massive away capacity and super quiet home support, their ground is like a 24th home game for every other well supported club in the league.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2018, 08:06:32 am »

I was just thinking that, would be interesting to see what MK's results are like when they have had over 5K away fans.

Excluding our Cup game I can't think of many that they have had a positive result.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2018, 08:10:20 am »

Would love to see a back four of Turnbull, Poole, Taylor and Facey for this game. Either Bunney or Foley on the left, with either Ariyibi or Hilda on the right.

I've persuaded three new people to come to this game... so it better be more entertaining than the last two home games!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2018, 08:25:02 am »

I've persuaded three new people to come to this game... so it better be more entertaining than the last two home games!

how have you done that? there wasnt a #selloutsixfields campaign?!?!!?!??!!??!?!?!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2018, 08:37:34 am »

Would love to see a back four of Turnbull, Poole, Taylor and Facey for this game. Either Bunney or Foley on the left, with either Ariyibi or Hilda on the right.

I would like to see that too but can’t see it happening as Jimmy will likely select Mathis on the bench meaning that 1 of the loanees will have to give way.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2018, 10:01:07 am »

how have you done that? there wasnt a #selloutsixfields campaign?!?!!?!??!!??!?!?!

Just realised it was an old tweet I saw... anyone know the clubs refund policy?!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2018, 13:31:58 pm »

The team I would like to see on Saturday ( but it never will be ) is ...

O’Donnell

Facey.        Taylor.     Turnbull.      Bunney

McWilliams

Crooks.      Grimes.        Ariyibi

JJOT
                Long
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2018, 15:24:40 pm »

The team I would like to see on Saturday ( but it never will be ) is ...

O’Donnell

Facey.        Taylor.     Turnbull.      Bunney

McWilliams

Crooks.      Grimes.        Ariyibi

JJOT
                Long

Crooks RW when we have Hoskins/Powell/Perreira?? Crazy...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2018, 15:29:27 pm »

Crooks RW when we have Hoskins/Powell/Perreira?? Crazy...
That’s not how I see it .
I see crooks , grimes and mcwillams more in the centre with Facey and Bunney pushing forward and effectively acting as wingers the three in the middle would protect the defence more .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2018, 15:40:48 pm »

That’s not how I see it .
I see crooks , grimes and mcwillams more in the centre with Facey and Bunney pushing forward and effectively acting as wingers the three in the middle would protect the defence more .

Wing backs........like?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2018, 15:46:06 pm »

No Frank or Dallas boy today. All sensible and constructive comments so far? Looking good!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2018, 15:49:36 pm »

Wing backs........like?
Exactly - which is why they were brought here in the first place .
The alternative is to play three at the back and draft in Poole .
Ariyibi then gets dropped from my selection
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2018, 16:58:21 pm »

Is Facey back?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: