The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:54:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Brizzle rovers

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brizzle rovers  (Read 9281 times)
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2018, 21:09:01 pm »

Just seen the skylights and Crooks 2nd yellow looks very harsh

It was but it was one of many today so he may have gone due to totting them all up.

Great point today, good substitutions this week by jimmy.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2018, 21:37:56 pm »

Took the Mrs to the game today, she noted that crooks looks more like a rugby player, wondered why we don't pressure them when they have the ball, that we got tired very early in the second half and we looked disorganised. If she can see all this (and believe me, she has zero interest in football) then you have to wonder why can't the management
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2018, 21:38:40 pm »

With that being said, good result at the end of the day
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2018, 21:47:33 pm »

Took the Mrs to the game today, she noted that crooks looks more like a rugby player, wondered why we don't pressure them when they have the ball, that we got tired very early in the second half and we looked disorganised. If she can see all this (and believe me, she has zero interest in football) then you have to wonder why can't the management

What did Mrs Marquis think of the last 20 minutes and also Crooks sending off.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2018, 21:55:09 pm »

Bunney is a liability, no doubt. The number of times he gets done one on one is embarrassing. His positional play is rubbish and he currently offers nothing going forward. If JFH won't play Buchanan, he has to play Turnbull at leftback . We got away with a point today largely because Rovers were poor in the final third.
The decision to send Crooks off was a poor one, even if he should have been sent off 60 secs before.

Agreed...I can't fathom why Bunney defends almost in his six yard box whilst leaving their wide player in acres of space.....his positional awareness is so poor its untrue. Also why was Moloney playing over Facey? Brendan is so slow and also got caught out, mainly a possession a few times in the first half. He hasn't been the same player since that injury. We played with two weak full backs today...and got away with it. I'm glad they got rid of Bodin!!

Crooks........idiot!! He got the first yellow which was fair and as you said above, the first foul in the second half was far worse than the second one which saw him get the yellow. Long was lucky to stay on.....Hildeberto picked up a other yellow for dissent......discipline is not our strong point is it? O'Donnell and Turnbull had a dust up, Jimmy had to restrain the fitness coach.....it was all happening!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2018, 21:59:44 pm »

Crook's absence may be an opportunity for Mcwilliams to step up.
The lack of discipline is embarrassing. Crooks has the swagger of a school boy from Byker Grove. Hildeberto behaves like a big baby and Long winds up fans for no real reason.

This or have others have said opportunity to play 2 up top maybe in a funny twist of events give us more of a fighting chance of avoiding the drop
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2018, 22:02:06 pm »

We've just got an excellent away point and you come on here with your negative comments like you always do. How about giving some positives for once.

It's a posative result but only if we back it up with a home win on Saturday.  Rochdale have gone to Rotherham today and won so we need 3 points next week at home otherwise today means bugger all
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2018, 22:08:42 pm »

The comments on their site are a bit OTT. They played the nicer football by far but there was no huge gulf in class at all. The fact it ended 1-1 and that we only had 10 men for a period of time suggests they may want to question why they didn't win.

The chances they missed 1st half, they could/should have been 3 up at ht. That said they created very little the last 25 mins. Some of the credit for that is down to our defending
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2018, 22:11:40 pm »

She knows more about football than nevers clearly good lass!!

How much we stand off teams and tge time and space we allow them is embarrassing at times and the better teams will hurt you.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2018, 22:23:17 pm »

What did Mrs Marquis think of the last 20 minutes and also Crooks sending off.
most of her comments, bar the tiredness one, were pre 70 mins. She'd pretty much lost interest come the last 20. Personally, I'm just disappointed that I spent the extra couple of quid for the stand after reading the weather forecast and seeing it was supposed to be raining all day. Not seen a single drop at all!
Still, good to catch up with Poggy after the match
Report Spam   Logged

Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2018, 07:02:10 am »

...Full back is a headache undoubtedly as Bunney is getting targetted as a weak spot. Is his crossing and getting forward worth the risk in our position? ...

What crossing?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2018, 09:15:09 am »

I'm pretty sure that Grimes is on 8/9 yellows so very near a 2 game ban.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2018, 09:49:05 am »

Most would have taken a point at the kick off but wins are needed and needed badly.  I think our relegation fight will go down to the last couple of games.  The main worry is our poor form at home. In the past we have tended to win the so-called "six pointers" matches at Sixfields but there has been no sign of that happening.  Other worries are the loss of form of JJOT, the 3 match suspension of Crooks and Grimes is walking the suspension tightrope.  One more worry is the refusal of JFH to see Bunney is not good enough for the left back role.  It is fair to comment that Buchanan was also struggling in that position but not to have him in the squad is downright recklessness.  In short, plenty to worry about bu that is how it is being a Cobblers' supporter!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2018, 10:16:19 am »

I'm pretty sure that Grimes is on 8/9 yellows so very near a 2 game ban.

He’s on 9.....as long as he doesn’t get one next game he’s alright as the cut off is 37 games.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2018, 10:33:18 am »

Just seen the skylights and Crooks 2nd yellow looks very harsh

I thought so too!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2018, 13:05:27 pm »

Judt a couple of observations from me that I haven't seen mentioned above. Surprised a few are blaming O'Donnell for the goal. It wasn't great keeping, but I'd be more concerned with the time and space afforded for the cross (Boli jogging steadily back rather than Bunny I'd say) and whatever Grimes thought he was doing (very weak), which were the main causes of the goal conceded.

I suppose I can't blame Long for shooting when 1 on 1, but Crooks made a brilliant run and has a tap in if Chris slides a simple square pass to his left.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest2677

« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2018, 14:12:31 pm »

most of her comments, bar the tiredness one, were pre 70 mins. She'd pretty much lost interest come the last 20. Personally, I'm just disappointed that I spent the extra couple of quid for the stand after reading the weather forecast and seeing it was supposed to be raining all day. Not seen a single drop at all!
Still, good to catch up with Poggy after the match
It was raining on the walk from my car to the ground but stopped soon afterwards. I like you, I paid the extra two quid but then wasn't asked to show my ticket for the stand. Looked like there was free movement between terrace and stand all afternoon to me. Jeema was sheltering under the stand when I got there only to move back to the terrace for KO.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2018, 14:42:24 pm »

The pitch was terrible and it affected a few of our players (passing, control and slipping) especially in the first half. From their fans, it was the first time that Rovers had played well on it and that is after a few games where they haven't.  Our main problem was not closing them down quick enough like they did, which allowed them time to play the conditions and they took advantage of that.
Crooks was unfortunate for his second, he had pulled out, but he could easily have gone for the incident about 30 seconds before.
Bunny was playing too narrow, is it to provide cover for Turnbull in the centre?  He must be under instruction, because it's not natural for a full back, especially when they had a player on the chalk dust every time?
The Turnbull/O'Donnell incident, Rosie appeared to be blaming Turnbull for clearing the ball but I didn't hear a shout and it was quiet enough at the time to have, I don't think he did.
Taylor did well again and was continually talking and cajoling the players, he is a quality captain and plays by example to the rest of the team.  However I thought that Hoskins was one of only a couple who, like Bennett, used his low centre of gravity to the best effect, in the conditions, all over the pitch and had a couple of good efforts on goal in the second half.
If Kevin's introduction wasn't a massive hint to JFH about playing two up front with someone like Hilda behind to feed them I don't know what is? 
Let's take the game to the opposition for a change, it is like the old adage, attack is the best form of defence.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2018, 17:18:53 pm »

I thought so too!

That's because it was not just for that challenge. He'd made 2 or 3 like it inside about 3 mins and tge ref had just warned him literally 20 secs before.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2018, 18:01:28 pm »

Bunny was playing too narrow, is it to provide cover for Turnbull in the centre?  He must be under instruction, because it's not natural for a full back, especially when they had a player on the chalk dust every time?

That's Jimmy. It's one of my main complaints in his time here, the wide men end up doing the more conventional full back job and the full back ends up in the regular CB interception of cross position.

Disclaimer: I didn't see this game.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: