The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:53:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rovrum (H) 17th March

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rovrum (H) 17th March  (Read 11557 times)
guest47

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2018, 18:51:36 pm »

I'd say he was Turbull's man but he's not tracked him and Bunney's been scapegoated for the goal.

I thought it was just that Bunney was a yard or so too forward and the free kick went over his head straight to a grateful Smith.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2018, 19:06:54 pm »

We have the following central midfielders at the club who were all available for selection yesterday.

1. JJOT
2. Grimes
3. McWilliams
4. Poole
5. Foley
6. Kasim

So he's got a choice of 6. He Picks one of them to play in that position, a player that hasn't put a challenge in since he's had his 9th yellow card. And for the other place he selects a winger.

We have the following players that can play left back.

1. Bunney
2. Buchanan
3. Turnbull

He selects by far the worst one.

Net result:

Bunney gets absolutely slaughtered and we get dominated in the midfield. And lose 3-0.

Im sorry, but there is no mitigation. I've spent 7 months *trying very hard to buy into JFH management, mainly because I really like the bloke. Don't know why, but I do. He was also my own first choice when he was appointed. But week in, week out, he selects crazy line ups, absolutely over complicates things, is extremely negative (we had 11 players back defending a corner yesterday with 12 minutes to go and 2-0 down) and appears to not be a manager who will accept it when he's got something wrong. 

We have been completely over run for 7 of the last 8 halves of football at our home ground, the only exception being the first half against Oxford where we did compete. We've seen us lose 6-0 at home to Bristol Rovers with Revell playing on the wing, we've been battered by fellow relegation candidates Oldham. We've failed to win a single one of the 6 cup games he's overseen.

And finally. He doesn't think JJOT is a midfielder.

I don't think I have ever in 30 years dreaded the next home fixture as much as I do for Tuesdays. The bloke hasn't got a scooby!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 19:15:01 pm by DrillingCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2018, 19:13:50 pm »

We have the following central midfielders at the club who were all available for selection yesterday.

1. JJOT
2. Grimes
3. McWilliams
4. Poole
5. Foley
6. Kasim

So he's got a choice of 6. He Picks one of them to play in that position, a player that hasn't put a challenge in since he's had his 9th yellow card. And for the other place he selects a winger.

1. Bunney
2. Buchanan
3. Turnbull

Net result:

Bunney gets absolutely slaughtered and we get dominated in the midfield. And lose 3-0.

Im sorry, but there is no mitigation. I've spent 7 months *trying very hard to buy into JFH management, mainly because I really like the bloke. Don't know why, but I do. He was also my own first choice when he was appointed. But week in, week out, he selects crazy line ups, absolutely over complicates things, is extremely negative (we had 11 players back defending a corner yesterday with 12 minutes to go and 2-0 down) and appears to not be a manager who will not accept it when he's got something wrong. 

We have been completely over run for 7 of the last 8 halves of football at our home ground, the only exception being the first half against Oxford where we did compete. We've seen us lose 6-0 at home to Bristol Rovers with Revell playing on the wing, we've been battered by fellow relegation candidates Oldham. We've failed to win a single one of the 6 cup games he's overseen.

I don't think I have ever in 30 years dreaded the next home fixture as much as I do for Tuesdays. The bloke hasn't got a scooby!

Our latest Pat Crerand?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2018, 19:23:07 pm »

Our latest Pat Crerand?

I know all about Pat, but it was way before my time as a supporter. I go back to 87/88 season.

We need to somehow create a siege mentality for the last 8 games (Im writing off Tuesday), and that sadly isn't going to happen under Jimmy. We are clearly heading for the drop.

The way Im looking at it now is that our only chance of staying up is to throw the dice, and to change the management team. It will be expensive, but it will be potentially more expensive in October when we may well be struggling in league2. IF we do go down, season ticket sales will be very badly hit. Financially I don't think KT has a choice to be fair. If we were 16th, 7 points outside the bottom4…Id be still thinking he gets more time, has the summer etc etc. KT has to act and he has to act fast. If he doesn't, we go down…the fan base won't forgive him. He dithered over Page, the same with JED. How on earth JED got that 4th game is anyones guess. I hope that he sees sense, tomorrow is the day I hope Jimmy is relieved of his duties.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2018, 19:24:47 pm »

1. JJOT
2. Grimes
3. McWilliams
4. Poole
5. Foley
6. Kasim

1. Bunney
2. Buchanan
3. Turnbull

Net result:

Im sorry, but there is no mitigation. I've spent 7 months *trying very hard to buy into JFH management, mainly because I really like the bloke. Don't know why, but I do. He was also my own first choice when he was appointed. But week in, week out, he selects crazy line ups, absolutely over complicates things, is extremely negative (we had 11 players back defending a corner yesterday with 12 minutes to go and 2-0 down) and appears to not be a manager who will accept it when he's got something wrong. 

Welcome, everything is ok you’ve seen the light
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #225 on: March 18, 2018, 19:39:12 pm »

I know all about Pat, but it was way before my time as a supporter. I go back to 87/88 season.

We need to somehow create a siege mentality for the last 8 games (Im writing off Tuesday), and that sadly isn't going to happen under Jimmy. We are clearly heading for the drop.

The way Im looking at it now is that our only chance of staying up is to throw the dice, and to change the management team. It will be expensive, but it will be potentially more expensive in October when we may well be struggling in league2. IF we do go down, season ticket sales will be very badly hit. Financially I don't think KT has a choice to be fair. If we were 16th, 7 points outside the bottom4…Id be still thinking he gets more time, has the summer etc etc. KT has to act and he has to act fast. If he doesn't, we go down…the fan base won't forgive him. He dithered over Page, the same with JED. How on earth JED got that 4th game is anyones guess. I hope that he sees sense, tomorrow is the day I hope Jimmy is relieved of his duties.

"Siege mentality" is  just about right.  Except we need to be mean enough to strike at our opponents achilles' heel when they are looking the wrong way.  Which, as far as I can see this season, we have yet to discover any achilles' heel in any of our opponents.

I truly believe that the money behind the club is not actually interested in the football. So long as the return on the investment occurs, it doesn't matter which division we are in.  If there is a surviving football club, they avoid being subjected to absolute mayhem.

Also...... very significant, was our current manager's foray into property development after hanging up his boots.  I believe that may have been the part of his CV that was most attractive to our current owners.  (for another thread, I know.....).

The battle for survival is part of the master-plan just to get some passion & money through the turnstiles (once it was clear to all that, back at the end of the year, promotion was unlikely - although, look what happened with Plymouth after Christmas!).  We will pull off an unexpected result from either of the next 2 matches, and suddenly, all will seem rosy in the garden.

I guarantee that by the time we all hit the A508 to Peterborough, it will be with more optimism than dread.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2018, 20:25:15 pm »

I actually thought Powell did OK , at least he tried to get at them , just a shame no one could read his headers. Bunney looked better in a four but Moloney had a disappointing game as did all the defence - Taylor probably the best centre half. JJOT very disappointing again! Doesn't look fit. Grimes showed some nice touches. Lucky did nothing  Our best player the goalkeeper tells you the story by a country mile.
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
guest48

« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2018, 20:36:17 pm »

I guarantee that by the time we all hit the A508 to Peterborough, it will be with more optimism than dread.

Grin Grin Grin Grin
I very much doubt that I'll hit the A508 to Peterborough, the A508 goes from Stoney Stratford to Mkt Harborough  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2018, 20:44:16 pm »

I very much doubt that I'll hit the A508 to Peterborough, the A508 goes from Stoney Stratford to Mkt Harborough  Smiley

Darn..... you saw through my thinly disguised plot to lead everyone astray.....  Smiley

I really must be getting too old for posting even a simple message (let alone my previous balls-up when I copied a really horrible link in to what should have been a witty response to a Hotel-End regular).  What was I thinking by writing "A508"?  That was in the days, a long time ago, when I lived in Market Harborough.....  Dohhhhhhh!

(Maybe I should see a doctor?)
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2018, 20:49:26 pm »

Mind you a day in Market Harborough would be better than watching most of our displays at boro'  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2018, 22:06:45 pm »

Quite fancy a day out in Market Harborough. Certainly beats seeing us getting spanked 5-0 by Boro.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2018, 00:23:31 am »

This is pathetic. They should be 3 up..Im done today..

You pathetic loser.  You should be fore-going sleep, work-duties, marital conjugations, animal e..... (errrrrr. seems there is a hand-over between myself and Ever-thingy as temporary, pretend moderator......  so, apologies for offence/not offending [delete as appropriate, or, be castigated for responding] ).

And, now for something completely different.......

Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2018, 10:16:17 am »

I thought they were pretty decent...they didn't have to do a lot to beat us though!!

One thing that was noticable about them was the way they attacked.....as a unit. The midfield went up in support of the forwards, almost as one. Whereas we trot up, if we can be bothered.

There must have been some weakness in their team....did Jimmy not get to see the "videos" of them getting beaten by Rochdale and the Dongs? What is that they could do that we couldn't?
He obviously saw nothing because we just went with the same old tried, trusted and failing formula.

Every opposition manager coming to Sixfields must feel like Wellington......“They came on in the same old way”, Wellington said dismissively of his opponents, “and we saw them off in the same old way”
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2018, 11:33:38 am »

Paul Warne, the Rotherham manager, shouted to his players when they had a corner and had 2 men there for a short one against our 1 "Take him on it's 2 against 1". This was to players in the SW corner so JFH must have heard it as well but did nothing !! Schoolboy stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2018, 13:04:50 pm »

Paul Warne, the Rotherham manager, shouted to his players when they had a corner and had 2 men there for a short one against our 1 "Take him on it's 2 against 1". This was to players in the SW corner so JFH must have heard it as well but did nothing !! Schoolboy stuff.

I did think of you on Saturday, around the 78th minute. When Rotherham had a corner (0-2) at the time and we had all 11 players in the box defending it. One launched it out, their guy on the half way line controlled it and comfortably played it back to their keeper and they then came at us again. I almost chuckled!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2018, 14:23:16 pm »

I did think of you on Saturday, around the 78th minute. When Rotherham had a corner (0-2) at the time and we had all 11 players in the box defending it. One launched it out, their guy on the half way line controlled it and comfortably played it back to their keeper and they then came at us again. I almost chuckled!

I’d love the JFH apologists to explain the logic of this particular tactic - ffs with our GD 3-nil over 2-nil makes no difference - a bit of forward play and 2-1 makes a lot of difference.

I don’t care what coaching badges this guy has or the fact that he is apparently an “artist” the fact is he is presiding over an avoidable relegation by failing to do his job - and as for giving the “eye” to (idiot) supporters abusing him and some player my advice is simply grow up because it makes you look a tw@t
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2018, 14:42:10 pm »

Poor game in poor conditions. Ref was a bottler, two should have gone for Rotherham although we were distant second best up to that point(s) anyway. I felt we had the correct personnel on the field after the substitutions to get at Rotherham, it was quite obvious that their defence didn't like being ran at so Hilderberto and Gboly are by far the best in our team to do this. Throw in's again are a mystery, why does it have to be certain players that take them?

Good turnout by Rotherham fans especially in the conditions but weren't they quiet?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: