The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:14:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rovrum (H) 17th March

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rovrum (H) 17th March  (Read 11341 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« on: March 10, 2018, 19:19:21 pm »

This is a must win. Long and Lucky to start. Hopefully KVV is OK to at least make the bench.
They were on an amazing run until today when they lost to Dale.
1 loss in 15 games and sitting comfortably in the Playoffs.
Mind you we've only lost twice in 10
Should be a tight encounter..
Prediction 1-2
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 21:18:08 pm »

If our crowd back the team and manager we can win. If they don't we won't.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 18:33:21 pm »

If our crowd back the team and manager we can win. If they don't we won't.
Were you at the Rotherham away game?
We backed the team brilliantly that day...the result?
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 18:57:59 pm »

I agree about it being a 'must win' game. By 5 pm on Saturday if all goes wrong Rochdale could be 1 point behind us with 3 games in hand. For the first time this season I'm seriously worried we are arguably odds on to go down, until now I thought it possible but assumed we would get out of the scrap at the bottom. I just hope that a few teams from the bottom up to Southend go on really bad runs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 19:12:32 pm »

I agree about it being a 'must win' game. By 5 pm on Saturday if all goes wrong Rochdale could be 1 point behind us with 3 games in hand. For the first time this season I'm seriously worried we are arguably odds on to go down, until now I thought it possible but assumed we would get out of the scrap at the bottom. I just hope that a few teams from the bottom up to Southend go on really bad runs.

It's only a 'must win' if with 4 games to go we still need 12 points to stay up. With regards to Rochdale and others it's all ifs and buts, football rarely works out the way we think it should. We could stay up by drawing all our remaining games - doubtful but possible.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 19:18:36 pm »

I think Frank's point is perhaps if we really get behind the team including JFH from the off we might have a chance. If we start to boo the team/JFH a la Oxford it certainly won't help. The game at Rotherham; the support was excellent but only a few diehards, the rest of us sat there like lemons! I know some on here don't share Franks opinion but I guess you already know that!  The simple answer we can do it!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 19:20:37 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 19:48:31 pm »

I reckon we should play all the remaining games behind closed doors......we might not be able to support the team and cheer them to wins, but we won't be able to boo them either....so ten 0-0's will be great!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 20:52:29 pm »

As you well know, I am talking about the home fans who on the whole are far more negative than core support away fans. Totally different dynamic. Our away support are generally great whereas some of our home fans are not quite as supportive. The type that if they found a tenner on the floor would moan it wasn't twenty. There has always been an element of this within our home support I suppose and I'm sure we are not the only club that has them but for the next few home games ours need to understand it doesn't help.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 20:54:26 pm by #Frank » Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 16:13:56 pm »

Looking forward to being back in the stands having missed the last few weeks due to wedding obligations (not even my own!  Grin).

Not sure if Luckassen is fit enough to start but judging by the comments from people who saw him then he has to be involved for at least another 30 minute cameo, but how about see if he can last the first 45 minutes and then bring on Long?

McWilliams surely must get a game here, if not alongside Grimes then we could play Foley in his natural position and leave JJ where he has been so effective this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 16:24:03 pm »

Was JJOT injured or was it just tactical on Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Moultoncobb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 16:47:12 pm »

JFH said tactical - which was the right decision as he was having a stinker and we were immediately better after the break.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 17:23:46 pm »

Tactical.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 17:57:50 pm »

As you well know, I am talking about the home fans who on the whole are far more negative than core support away fans. Totally different dynamic. Our away support are generally great whereas some of our home fans are not quite as supportive. The type that if they found a tenner on the floor would moan it wasn't twenty. There has always been an element of this within our home support I suppose and I'm sure we are not the only club that has them but for the next few home games ours need to understand it doesn't help.

Well if they play sh1t then I'll be booing big time, fell free to remonstrate with me  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 17:58:08 pm »

He want having a great game by his standards.  One of our group said before half time that he needed to be taken off.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2018, 18:00:08 pm »

Don't know what was up with him.....he kept falling over on their ploughed pitch!!

Did ping a couple of decent crossfield passes but that was about it.

The Rovers fans gave him a fair bit of stick too, a few songs targeting him. That said, he didn't seem to get wound up by it....he just wasn't at the races at all!!

Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 19:16:54 pm »

'John Joe O'Tooole, I wanna be like yooo, I wanna walk like you, talk like you, I do, I do, I do!'

Some of us again at Rovers (like last season) offering something less predictably generic on the singing front!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 20:10:42 pm »

If we are going to stay up we simply have to start getting wins at home. The selections and tactics that have been used are not really working at Sixfields, and I feel more of the same would be a mistake? JFH and the coaching staff have to find a way of getting more dominant performances out of the squad at home fast. Our away record is as good as anyone could really wish for in our position? And thank god, because this has led to our fate being still in our hands for now. I am dreading the possibility that without an upturn at home, it won’t be anytime soon?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 20:18:35 pm »

No worries, he has his own players now Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 20:38:04 pm »

Well if they play sh1t then I'll be booing big time, fell free to remonstrate with me  Grin

What good would that do Mr/Mrs Manwork? Just try to drop the bull shit for a week or two eh. You can by all means resume your berty big bollocks and local hard man routine (if that's what you really are and how should I know or care) stuff when we are mathematically safe.  Wink Boo and remonstrate at the the other team if you really have to and maybe pretend your booing us if that helps. We need to stick together , galvanize our support. All of us! We all wan't to stay up, right?

I don't wan't or feel the need to argue with you or anybody else for that matter. I'm a grown up you see  Tongue. I know that might be hard to believe especially with what I am going to type next but it's just a bit of fun and I hope you can take the friendly banter like you have done time and time before. Give some back by all means if you can find any  Grin

PS: Good win for Celtic and the all Ireland rugby team at the week end wasn't it.  Evil  Grin

This has taken me ages to type up so don't disappoint me and go all quiet Kiss

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting if the unlikely happens tomorrow and MK actually beat "Rovrum". Not sure if it would help our chances or make them worse.

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 20:53:54 pm »

Meanwhile out in the real world plenty of people are told they're not doing good jobs, in assessments, 1-2-1's etc, and that spurs them on and gives them a "right, I show you" attitude......does this not apply to footballers??

Happy enough to take the applause and cheers along with the adulation of they crowd when they do a good job, but turn into little pansies when a few (and it is a few...50 out of 5000) voice their displeasure by way of booing!

I'd hazard a n educated guess that there is no correlation whatsoever between good support and good performance, just as there isn't between bad support and bad performance.
Yes, I remember Bristol Rovers in the playoffs.....backing all the way, electric atmosphere and it did the job. But I also remember Peterborough away last year...2000 Cobblers in full voice from half an hour before kickoff, drowning out the Pos***es.....only to be served up with utter dross on the field.

Too much is being made of the boo-boys.....every club has them, and as above, its only 1% of the crowd. I hear plenty of groans from the 150 or so seated at Bristol Rovers on Saturday.....didn't work out too badly in the end though!

Football is an entertainment business.....the crowd pay their money and go there hoping to see a good game and a good performance from their favourites....when they don't they're fully entitled to make their feelings known IMO......in the same way as people moan at BT when the phonelines go dead, moan at KFC for running out of chicken or moan at rail staff when their train is late!

In the long run what is best.....people turning up to games and venting their frustration at times, but still coming to the next game, and the one after that, or would you rather people just voted with their feet and stayed away if they didn't like the product on offer? We'd be playing in front of no more than a couple of thousand after the dross thats been served up at Sixfields this season!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: