The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 10:38:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rovrum (H) 17th March

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rovrum (H) 17th March  (Read 11554 times)
guest2235

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 21:03:29 pm »

Meanwhile out in the real world plenty of people are told they're not doing good jobs, in assessments, 1-2-1's etc, and that spurs them on and gives them a "right, I show you" attitude......does this not apply to footballers??

Happy enough to take the applause and cheers along with the adulation of they crowd when they do a good job, but turn into little pansies when a few (and it is a few...50 out of 5000) voice their displeasure by way of booing!

I'd hazard a n educated guess that there is no correlation whatsoever between good support and good performance, just as there isn't between bad support and bad performance.
Yes, I remember Bristol Rovers in the playoffs.....backing all the way, electric atmosphere and it did the job. But I also remember Peterborough away last year...2000 Cobblers in full voice from half an hour before kickoff, drowning out the Pos***es.....only to be served up with utter dross on the field.

Too much is being made of the boo-boys.....every club has them, and as above, its only 1% of the crowd. I hear plenty of groans from the 150 or so seated at Bristol Rovers on Saturday.....didn't work out too badly in the end though!

Football is an entertainment business.....the crowd pay their money and go there hoping to see a good game and a good performance from their favourites....when they don't they're fully entitled to make their feelings known IMO......in the same way as people moan at BT when the phonelines go dead, moan at KFC for running out of chicken or moan at rail staff when their train is late!

In the long run what is best.....people turning up to games and venting their frustration at times, but still coming to the next game, and the one after that, or would you rather people just voted with their feet and stayed away if they didn't like the product on offer? We'd be playing in front of no more than a couple of thousand after the dross thats been served up at Sixfields this season!!
I don’t boo, never have but you make good points. They are are pro footballers and know full well it goes with the territory. It seems to me the booing in the main is aimed at the manager rather than the team.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 21:09:07 pm »

What good would that do Mr/Mrs Manwork? Just try to drop the bull shit for a week or two eh. You can by all means resume your berty big bollocks and local hard man routine (if that's what you really are and how should I know or care) stuff when we are mathematically safe.  Wink Boo and remonstrate at the the other team if you really have to and maybe pretend your booing us if that helps. We need to stick together , galvanize our support. All of us! We all wan't to stay up, right?

I don't wan't or feel the need to argue with you or anybody else for that matter. I'm a grown up you see  Tongue. I know that might be hard to believe especially with what I am going to type next but it's just a bit of fun and I hope you can take the friendly banter like you have done time and time before. Give some back by all means if you can find any  Grin

PS: Good win for Celtic and the all Ireland rugby team at the week end wasn't it.  Evil  Grin

This has taken me ages to type up so don't disappoint me and go all quiet Kiss

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting if the unlikely happens tomorrow and MK actually beat "Rovrum". Not sure if it would help our chances or make them worse.

Whats the matter with you today? Did you run out of Ovaltine..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 21:27:10 pm »

or moan at rail staff when their train is late!

Made you bitter has it  Grin

There are some instances when objectively given negative opinions are absolutely worthwhile and valid. Grown men (mainly) shouting "cunts" repeatedly at the very top of their register within earshot of 100's of people seems a little bit wrong to me. If they did it in the shopping centre, outside a jumble sale or at the cinema etc would that be OK? I do understand the tribalism and human nature involved. I am also certainly not claiming to be an angle and in my youth have once or twice got my knickers in a twist  but have never managed what I have described from memory above.

There is a line, isn't there?
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 21:28:31 pm »

Whats the matter with you today? Did you run out of Ovaltine..

No! The washing machine ravaged my blanket.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 21:46:49 pm »

or moan at rail staff when their train is late!
Late, I can cope with, but over the last couple of years, I have run out of expletives that I can aim at anybody associated with Southern Rail.
Somehow, I seem to think that you know why..
How do you feel about driver only trains GPC?

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 21:48:51 pm »

Made you bitter has it  Grin

There are some instances when objectively given negative opinions are absolutely worthwhile and valid. Grown men (mainly) shouting "cunts" repeatedly at the very top of their register within earshot of 100's of people seems a little bit wrong to me. If they did it in the shopping centre, outside a jumble sale or at the cinema etc would that be OK? I do understand the tribalism and human nature involved. I am also certainly not claiming to be an angle and in my youth have once or twice got my knickers in a twist  but have never managed what I have described from memory above.

There is a line, isn't there?

Of course there’s a line...... it is it ok for those grown men to shout at the opposition players, or the opposing fans, whatabout booing the ref off at half time after he’s given a few dodgy decisions?! Are all those ok?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 21:57:11 pm »

Late, I can cope with, but over the last couple of years, I have run out of expletives that I can aim at anybody associated with Southern Rail.
Somehow, I seem to think that you know why..
How do you feel about driver only trains GPC?

Anybody associated with Southern Rail?? Ticket office staff, barrier staff, platform staff? Drivers and conductors? Or have you gone higher, to the people who are really pulling the strings? Transport secretary and DFT vs Union bosses!
Far too political to get into here!! As for DOO......personally no! But personally I don’t like to see small shops closing, high street banks disappearing, post offices and pubs shutting up shop......progress they call it!!

DCO maybe....but no DOO!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 22:03:40 pm »

Of course there’s a line...... it is it ok for those grown men to shout at the opposition players, or the opposing fans, whatabout booing the ref off at half time after he’s given a few dodgy decisions?! Are all those ok?

Absolutely, depending on what they are shouting of course.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 22:06:41 pm »

Anybody associated with Southern Rail?? Ticket office staff, barrier staff, platform staff? Drivers and conductors? Or have you gone higher, to the people who are really pulling the strings? Transport secretary and DFT vs Union bosses!
Far too political to get into here!! As for DOO......personally no! But personally I don’t like to see small shops closing, high street banks disappearing, post offices and pubs shutting up shop......progress they call it!!

DCO maybe....but no DOO!!
I wasnt too sure, I just took a chance as I dont know you, but now I can tell 100% that you are a train driver. You are all full of rhetoric, and your own sense of self importance. My curiosity has been satisfied. No further comment.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 22:20:08 pm »

Except you’re wrong.....I was a train driver but am not now!! So you were 100% wrong!! Not much rhetoric...just facts, I’m sorry!! Research it some time, then you’ll have a greater understanding of the whole matter and be less of an ‘angry commuter’..... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2018, 22:44:33 pm »

Except you’re wrong.....I was a train driver but am not now!! So you were 100% wrong!!
100% correct in my assumption of your employment (previous, or whatever) though.
And you are correct, I am an angry commuter. Very angry.
This really is my last comment on the matter, as i have no desire to land myself in trouble with admin.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 09:39:55 am »

I think we should revert to the back 5 we played against Blackburn with maybe Barnett in for Poole as he seems to have disappeared. I think this gives a bit more protection to left hand side of defence and allows Facey and Bunney to get forward more.

Pereira carried the ball well once he came on at half time on Saturday and I'd have him in instead of Gboly. A bit of risk because I think he's a walking red card but we've got to start taking some risks.

Luckasson has to play up front with Long. I think we're better off taking the game of them and possibly holding on as opposed to chasing the game. Even if he can only manage 60-70 minutes.

I'd personally have McWilliams in instead of Grimes but there is no way JFH is going to drop him.

O'Donnell

Barnett/Poole - Taylor - Turnbull
Facey                                                      Bunney

Pereira - Grimes - JJOT

Luckasson - Long

Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 10:01:44 am »

As you well know, I am talking about the home fans who on the whole are far more negative than core support away fans. Totally different dynamic. Our away support are generally great whereas some of our home fans are not quite as supportive. The type that if they found a tenner on the floor would moan it wasn't twenty. There has always been an element of this within our home support I suppose and I'm sure we are not the only club that has them but for the next few home games ours need to understand it doesn't help.

We are getting to the point of the season now where the luxury/desire we have to moan at the team has passed. Irrespective of how we feel regarding the decisions made by the management or any shoddy play on field we as supporters have to remain positive and give the team the backing they need.  Yes, were are capable of being a negative bunch at times but equally we are pretty good at pulling together when our backs are against the wall. COME ON COBBLERS!!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 10:12:08 am »

As you well know, I am talking about the home fans who on the whole are far more negative than core support away fans. Totally different dynamic. Our away support are generally great whereas some of our home fans are not quite as supportive. The type that if they found a tenner on the floor would moan it wasn't twenty. There has always been an element of this within our home support I suppose and I'm sure we are not the only club that has them but for the next few home games ours need to understand it doesn't help.

I'm not one to be all moaney at the players during a match but just how precious are our players and management?

I was at an Athletic Bilbao at the weekend and when the fans weren't happy with the performance (despite being 2 0 up) they really let the players know, whistling and jeering. I didn't see the manager and players getting all precious about it and the performance improved drastically.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 10:15:56 am »

I think we should revert to the back 5 we played against Blackburn

We didn't play 5 at the back at Blackburn. It was 4-4-1-1.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 10:25:12 am »

It's only a 'must win' if with 4 games to go we still need 12 points to stay up. With regards to Rochdale and others it's all ifs and buts, football rarely works out the way we think it should. We could stay up by drawing all our remaining games - doubtful but possible.

disagree - Having dropped points against Rochdale and Oxford at home this is now a must win game
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 10:25:32 am »

If our crowd back the team and manager we can win. If they don't we won't.

What a load of old tosh!
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 10:26:47 am »

This is a must win. Long and Lucky to start. Hopefully KVV is OK to at least make the bench.
They were on an amazing run until today when they lost to Dale.
1 loss in 15 games and sitting comfortably in the Playoffs.
Mind you we've only lost twice in 10
Should be a tight encounter..
Prediction 1-2

Agree we must be more positive at home and start with 2 up top. I think Long will benefit greatly from not being so isolated too
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 10:58:29 am »

What a load of old tosh!

It’s your opinion but why do you say this? You are an inveterate critic of both team and manager but what is it based on? If you are an armchair critic that’s fine. If however you base it on coaching badges or a professional fiootball career then it sheds some light on the credibility of your opinion(critical). So what is it?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 11:49:07 am »

As I said earlier......people in any walk of life have got to be able to take criticism and feedback, both positive and negative! Or do we really have a squad of 30 odd and a management team who all shrink into their shells when 1% of the crowd boo at them??

Accrington Stanley don't seem to be doing too badly this season...the 91st best supported team in the league currently sit top of their table.....on average home gates of 1,600 odd and having taken 200 out of a crowd of over 9500 at Luton on Saturday managed to come away with the three points thanks to a 93rd minute winner!

Credit to those Stanley fans for supporting their team so positively that they've lifted their club to the top of the table!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: