The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:38:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rovrum (H) 17th March

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rovrum (H) 17th March  (Read 11357 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2018, 20:42:59 pm »

If we can all see it why the **** can't jimmy???

As Nevers keeps reminding us all his the one with coaching badges 😉

Are you an ex-professional player then?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2018, 20:43:11 pm »

Their 3rd goal was the best I've seen at sixfields from an away team for quite some time. Breaking from defence, couple of one touch passes and bang, in the net. Why can't we do that? It seems our players just seem to see a brick wall across the 18 yard box. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the first time one of our players had the ball at their feet in their box was after our first corner in the 44th minute! I knew as soon as Taylor whacked it out straight from the kick off we would lose and put in a crap performance.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2018, 21:19:28 pm »

Quite right - the usual suspects will hate this!
Suspect #1
JFFH? (You can insert your own extra F word!)
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2018, 21:33:34 pm »

Well...that was pretty terrible!................................................

At last a pretty readable report; better than the sobbing or rants from some.

To me, the first 10/15 minutes said it all with the whole side playing too deep and no pressing of the opposition at all. The strange thing that due to other results today we are not yet adrift and as Shoey rightly says "all to play for"! The problem is that confidence looks pretty low and a few players either look lost or out of position.  Is it JFH fault or the players' fault for such a poor first 15 minutes. I suppose one ray of sunshine is that Grimes escaped a booking Smiley! Bunney looked like a player living off his nerves and not too well either. Still a decent attendance on a cold afternoon but it was a bitterly disappointing performance.
Report Spam   Logged

Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2018, 21:54:19 pm »

It was a bitterly cold day which didn't help but how quiet were the Rotherham fans did they sing any songs.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 22:11:15 pm by Spinney cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2018, 21:54:42 pm »

I'm not sure Grimes avoiding a booking is a ray of sunshine.

Agree, Rotherham fans were atrocious.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2018, 22:13:57 pm »

At last a pretty readable report; better than the sobbing or rants from some.

To me, the first 10/15 minutes said it all with the whole side playing too deep and no pressing of the opposition at all. The strange thing that due to other results today we are not yet adrift and as Shoey rightly says "all to play for"! The problem is that confidence looks pretty low and a few players either look lost or out of position.  Is it JFH fault or the players' fault for such a poor first 15 minutes. I suppose one ray of sunshine is that Grimes escaped a booking Smiley! Bunney looked like a player living off his nerves and not too well either. Still a decent attendance on a cold afternoon but it was a bitterly disappointing performance.

And this from a side whose manager said "we need goals, we'll go out to score goals", and "we'll go out for a fast start", and "we need to improve our home form", and players who said "lets give the fans something to shout about".......

It was so poor today.....up there with so many poor performances this season. Its the same old same old. The same formation pretty much every game, the same tactics (hoof the ball to John-Joes head, and let Grimes take every set piece) every game.

There is no plan B, and plan A is broken.

I stayed until 80 minutes, but when the third went in I left. Can't remember the last time I left before the end.

Home form has been poor all season, failing to score in 10 of the 19 home games is jusr awful.....15 home goals all season. Only on one or two occasions have I come away from Sixfields this season thinking we'd played well.....on the other hand afternoons like today are so depressingly familiar...whichever manager we've played under.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2018, 22:15:19 pm »

This is set to be a worse relegation than 08/09. This is the most expensively assembled NTFC squad of all time and it is a disgrace that we find ourselves in this position. The thing that bothered me the most is that I genuinely didn't feel like anyone other than O'Donnell gave a sh*t today about our plight. I think it was the 44th minute when we got a corner. I reckon as a supporter it's reasonable to expect a bit of urgency in trying to take a set piece when you're trailing at home and you're in a relegation scrap. Unfortunately our boys didn't seem to share that view point and didn't even attempt to give Grimes the ball. Obviously the lack of movement from throw ins is discussed enough, but this was shameful.

The left back issue is amusing. The amount of people crying out for Buchs to come back is ironic because of how poor he has been for 1.5 seasons at this level. I'd put Turnball out there because from what I've seen, he's a far better left back than he is centre back. The biggest issue for me is that we do not have a Jason Taylor player at all in the squad. And the total lack of leaders in the squad. You do not hear any of them gee each other up and the heads drop so quickly.

I have no confidence that we can stay up and honestly think we are finishing 23rd. The only way I can see us having a chance of surviving is if we get rid of Jimmy. The slight problem with that is Kelvins track record of appointing managers is dreadful....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest47

« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2018, 22:15:59 pm »

It was certainly poor today and that mass exodus after the third goal was one of the biggest I can remember seeing at Sixfields. Mind you, I wonder how many went because of the bad performance and how many used it as an excuse because it was SO cold.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2018, 22:16:48 pm »

Everything about today was a shambles, I think most of the players put the effort in but didn't seem to know what JFH wanted them to do. Bunney has been poor for the last half dozen matches and any sensible manager would either take him out of the firing line OR play him as a wing back, the position he played for Rochdale, leaving him as a defensive left back has totally shot his confidence and I think he will struggle to get out of this spell. Like lots have said, with Crooks out, you bring in McWilliams or Foley, straight swap not play yet more players out of position.
   I do agree with JFH that 2 of the Millers should have been sent off but I think we would still have lost to the other 9. Ash Taylor is an upgrade on Zander Diamond as a player but I really think we miss Zanders organisation and fighting spirit. Just to complete the rant, we had no ball boys behind either goal which is great if you want to waist time. Also NTFC have decided to "Reward our terrific away support" by subsidising the away travel to Bury, but only if you travel with one travel club, the rest of us can do one, a classic lesson in how to p*ss off around 80% of the regular away fans
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2018, 22:25:59 pm »

And this from a side whose manager said "we need goals, we'll go out to score goals", and "we'll go out for a fast start", and "we need to improve our home form", and players who said "lets give the fans something to shout about".......

It was so poor today.....up there with so many poor performances this season. Its the same old same old. The same formation pretty much every game, the same tactics (hoof the ball to John-Joes head, and let Grimes take every set piece) every game.

There is no plan B, and plan A is broken.

I stayed until 80 minutes, but when the third went in I left. Can't remember the last time I left before the end.

Home form has been poor all season, failing to score in 10 of the 19 home games is jusr awful.....15 home goals all season. Only on one or two occasions have I come away from Sixfields this season thinking we'd played well.....on the other hand afternoons like today are so depressingly familiar...whichever manager we've played under.

We are not alone - have a look at Oldhams' forum, it will cheer you up.
Report Spam   Logged

Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2018, 23:15:59 pm »

A five minute spell on the radio sums up the dire position we are in. After toothlessly surrendering to a 0-3 home defeat, the first team manager gives a confusing justification for another bizarre selection (The highlight being that he doesn’t see JJOT as a central midfielder, but does think Berto can do a job in there with Grimes) before offering vague rhetoric along the lines of picking ourselves up and going again. 

On completion, man off the street James Averil spends the next ten minutes succinctly and incisively detailing absolutely everything that is currently wrong and how it can be improved.

This is without doubt the most needless, senseless and entirely frustrating relegation of my 35 years watching the Cobblers. The solution is so obvious that we can (nearly) all see it.

Sacking this manager at this point in the season is ordinarily such a ridiculous thing to do, but  the choice is simple. Either he changes his approach, or he needs to be changed. The alternative is a feeble trudge to certain relegation.

This team probably keeps us up, almost regardless of who the manager is
ROD
Facey, Taylor, Turnbull/Poole, Turnbull/Buchanan
JJOT, MCWilliams/Foley
Ariyibi, whoever you want from Hoskins,Powell, Bunny or Berto on the left
2 of Van Veen/ Long/Lukassen
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2018, 00:21:51 am »

Sounds to me like JFH has lost the fans now (as well as the players it seems), and we all know how that ends...
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #193 on: March 18, 2018, 07:50:02 am »

I agree totally that this will be a completely needless relegation and that’s what makes it so depressing. It’s almost worth the players/KT having a word as he’s too stubborn to change on his own - having said that he’s removed all of the characters who might answer back/challenge him so I can’t see that either.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #194 on: March 18, 2018, 09:04:03 am »

These last few posts are all so correct about the situation. We can all see it. Jimmy must be able to see what s going on? If he can't his assistants can tell him. KT can tell him. Graham Carr can tell him. Being stubborn and continuing to do the same things that aren't working over again is madness. It will end in relegation and his managerial career being questioned. For his own good, the clubs good and the fans good, as his boss, KT should be telling him in no uncertain terms to change it NOW or face the sack.
Report Spam   Logged
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2018, 09:11:26 am »

Probably have seen a worse home performance over the last 50 odd years, but can't think of one just now, and the cold made it all the more miserable. On that showing we are gone.
I was p****d off at having to miss the rearranged match on tuesday, but am not now.
That was just awful - incredulous at the line up, and just disgusted we didn't manage a shot in the first half. Ref didn't do us any favours granted - the two breakaways we had were ruthlessly snuffed out, and a couple of Rovrums very lucky to stay on.
The last 4 home games have been absolutely appalling, and I just can't see how we stay up and avoid a really damaging relegation. We have got a lot of very good players - but for whatever reason they don't play as a team.
Report Spam   Logged
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2018, 09:17:20 am »

We were lucky to get nil.
Next
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2018, 10:00:45 am »

The Bristol Rovers home game was worse.

Berto showed real quality. Again. How on Earth any manager could pick Hoskins over him in the right wing spot is completely beyond me.

Contrary to a post above, I though Moloney had a strong game.

We're going to struggle to stay up now.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2018, 10:31:33 am »

The Bristol Rovers home game was worse.

Berto showed real quality. Again. How on Earth any manager could pick Hoskins over him in the right wing spot is completely beyond me.

Contrary to a post above, I though Moloney had a strong game.

We're going to struggle to stay up now.

Thought I'd just amend the middle paragraph slightly. I don't even think he's conference standard.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest47

« Reply #199 on: March 18, 2018, 13:42:18 pm »

For the sake of balance amongst the gloom, I thought Rotherham were one of the best sides I've seen this season and it's no wonder they are in fourth place despite their very recent dip in form. We really could do with a left sided player like their Ryan Williams but we are not likely to be able to pay the sort of money needed to entice players from Championship clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: