The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 21:24:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pish Tickets Easter Monday

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pish Tickets Easter Monday  (Read 7421 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 22:30:30 pm »

No priority buying for season ticket holders seems strange, general sale straight away. It makes it easier if buying for a mix of season ticket holders and non I suppose.
As for the rivalry debate, it has wained over the years due to not playing each other often. I'm 43 and was brought up to hate them so they are still the main rivals for me. We need to put one over them finally, that will Stoke things up for next season providing they don't bloody go up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 05:55:57 am »

yeah, might be over 100k. we can all make up numbers...

Beds is simply highlighting that Sixfields loses money by not being able to accommodate more away fans, you don't need to get your knickers in such a twist as he's absolutely right. Maybe that's why you are?

He also highlights that Pish do have ambition as they've clearly alluded to in the media recently and being able to accommodate 2500-3000 away fans in the Championship would help in the costs of competing in the division should you be there.

Only 4 or 5 teams in the Championship currently average away support that Sixfields could realistically hold. With several teams close to averaging 3000 regular away fans we would indeed be potentially missing out on significant sums. Why don't you look into the figure and post an amount so we can pull it apart?  All the fact's are there but you may have to pick a figure out of thin air because I doubt you could predict exactly how many corporate guests, how many beers, hot dogs or extra programmes may be sold to those extra supporters.

He's saying they are better set up for a level of success higher than ours. He's very sadly again correct.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 08:25:57 am »

Beds is simply highlighting that Sixfields loses money by not being able to accommodate more away fans, you don't need to get your knickers in such a twist as he's absolutely right. Maybe that's why you are?

He also highlights that Pish do have ambition as they've clearly alluded to in the media recently and being able to accommodate 2500-3000 away fans in the Championship would help in the costs of competing in the division should you be there.

Only 4 or 5 teams in the Championship currently average away support that Sixfields could realistically hold. With several teams close to averaging 3000 regular away fans we would indeed be potentially missing out on significant sums. Why don't you look into the figure and post an amount so we can pull it apart?  All the fact's are there but you may have to pick a figure out of thin air because I doubt you could predict exactly how many corporate guests, how many beers, hot dogs or extra programmes may be sold to those extra supporters.

He's saying they are better set up for a level of success higher than ours. He's very sadly again correct.

so you want me to research numbers on a point that i wasnt even making but you are happy to let Beds' get away with 2414 x 26 =78k? Says it all really...

Nobody disagrees with the principle of what Beds' is saying. When he puts forward his pie in the sky costings about how it is achievable and yet cannot evidence anything and is incapable of a simple math equation, then people question him. Seems fair to me.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 09:30:42 am »

Football's been sanitised so it's hard to keep a derby going but they are undoubtedly our rivals. The more we play them the greater the rivalry will grow again. Can't see them surviving in the Championship with the money knocking around that league so if we can sustain League 1 football we'll be playing them regularly touch wood.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2018, 09:43:03 am »

It may be true that their stadium would accommodate greater numbers of away supporters in the championship, but I would question whether they have the home support to sustain (or deserve)  a higher level.  When you consider that they have greater capacity than us, are sitting in the playoffs while we’ve been battling relegation all season, the fact that our average home attendance is 200 higher than theirs really says it all.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2018, 09:51:25 am »

As at 6 Feb 18, their net home attendances are 132 higher than ours, their net number of away fans attending London Road are 29 less than ours attending Sixfields.
Their ability to house 3000 away fans doesn't appear to be working?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2018, 11:29:47 am »

so you want me to research numbers on a point that i wasnt even making but you are happy to let Beds' get away with 2414 x 26 =78k? Says it all really...

Nobody disagrees with the principle of what Beds' is saying. When he puts forward his pie in the sky costings about how it is achievable and yet cannot evidence anything and is incapable of a simple math equation, then people question him. Seems fair to me.
Pedantry of the highest order.. £70,000 or £80,000 takings from visiting fans, so what,  after food and beverages is taken into account its a damned sight more than we could ever hope for especially as its been wrongly claimed Sixfields is 'ok for now'
This game could grow in magnitude and it wouldn't surprise me should we sell out, get even more seats as they do things a bit more professionally over there.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2018, 11:36:06 am »

As at 6 Feb 18, their net home attendances are 132 higher than ours, their net number of away fans attending London Road are 29 less than ours attending Sixfields.

I think both you and I know the scientific argument goes way out of the window on here mate.

You could build a 100,000 all seater staduim and play shyte and it will still sit 95% empty. The only way we can attract more fans, is to get it right on the pitch. Even then, 90% of clubs don't go overboard with capacity, because the revenue seats bring in is negligible once sponsorshipo and tv money is involved. So in short... Until you start seeing half a million pound signings turning up at Sixfields, you are seeing the true aspiration of the club. For that to happen you will need new owners. That is with no disrepect to KT and his group. They are keeping us afloat a lot better that nearly all of the previous owners.

As for Boro being our rivals, and people banging on about other derbies. Well... I fcuking hate them. I know of plenty of them that feel the same about us. I agree it is a bit out dated and out moded, but so are nearly all local rivalries and derbies these days. I've been to them all over years ago, and been to a lot of them in recent years. They are nearly all sanitised affairs, with small pockets of trouble. None of them resemble anything like what they did when I was young. I can't think of a ground where I would worry about attending these days.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2018, 11:40:12 am »

For a team to grow in stature surley it must look at the many success stories and strive to emulate and not look at others failure as a good reason to remain struggling?
Being centrally located in a densely populated area and very easy to visit from nearly everywhere, shouldve  been enough have sorted out our ground decades ago.
We will one day shake off the time wasters that continue to  plagued our club these past 26 years.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2018, 11:48:20 am »

I think both you and I know the scientific argument goes way out of the window on here mate.

You could build a 100,000 all seater staduim and play shyte and it will still sit 95% empty. The only way we can attract more fans, is to get it right on the pitch. Even then, 90% of clubs don't go overboard with capacity, because the revenue seats bring in is negligible once sponsorshipo and tv money is involved. So in short... Until you start seeing half a million pound signings turning up at Sixfields, you are seeing the true aspiration of the club. For that to happen you will need new owners. That is with no disrepect to KT and his group. They are keeping us afloat a lot better that nearly all of the previous owners.

As for Boro being our rivals, and people banging on about other derbies. Well... I fcuking hate them. I know of plenty of them that feel the same about us. I agree it is a bit out dated and out moded, but so are nearly all local rivalries and derbies these days. I've been to them all over years ago, and been to a lot of them in recent years. They are nearly all sanitised affairs, with small pockets of trouble. None of them resemble anything like what they did when I was young. I can't think of a ground where I would worry about attending these days.
100,000? Did you put in an extra 0 or doing a kelvin with his reference to mk and not wanting their empty 30000 stadium despite no one having ask for it ever 😂
Keep it sensible and sustainable and on track and things will happen.
12 corperate boxes.
3000 bank of terracing up behind the south stand seats and we'll soon be moving in the right direction.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2018, 11:55:13 am »

Are people forgetting the fact that Peterborough don't own the stadium and pay £500k a year in rent?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:27 pm »

So Buster who has got it wrong?  Them for wanting promotion or us for not wanting to develop?

Northampton has the location and catchment area to support championship football, we just need owners who understand and want that. We also need our fans and Trust to want that too but they simply are not that bothered and have no desire to upset anyone / demand anything.

All the clubs in the higher leagues had owners that at one time wanted better for their club and put things into place to make that happen, we have never had anyone with both the vision and resources to achieve it.

Uni are you sure you are not thinking of Oxford?

Roger, Boro are historically our rivals, as others have said, it was the hated bit I was referring too, perhaps you would like to retract the use of that word? 😁
I was not having a cheap shot at the Trust, ask other fans about playing their hated rivals in a basic preseason friendly and see what they say. At the time the Trust has a seat on the board and said nothing publically

Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2018, 13:00:40 pm »

Uni are you sure you are not thinking of Oxford?
Positive
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2018, 13:04:31 pm »

But you did make the point by arguing Beds' calculations...so lets see yours. If you didn't want to have the conversation why did you call him out?

The point was wholly relative to the fact when we visit we shall take a similar amount of support to which they would expect in the Championship regularly if the cunts get there. Sadly Sixfields cannot reap the same rewards, that point seems fair to me and extremely valid.

There maybe a few bigger stadiums below us but most of the large stadia are way above us. Calculate why.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2018, 13:25:39 pm »

Forgetting about the considerable issue of finding finances, it boils down to 2 choices on this and it’s not complicated. You can develop the ground to meet demand, or you can develop the ground to encourage demand? One is realistic, one is absolute nonsense. What is far worse than an underdeveloped ground or relegation for clubs like our is unmanageable debt. Whilst some on here may have the best intentions, you can only hope that someone with the same ridiculous philosophy doesn’t get their hands on the club, or god help us?

As for rivalries between towns, someone once told me that historically it sometimes comes from being based on the banks of the same rivers and the contamination of water supplies by one to the detriment of the other? As Peterborough is downstream on the banks of the nene, at one time they would have used untreated water laced with Northampton’s sewage? Not sure if that’s true or not?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2018, 13:31:13 pm »

There is a redevelopment thread for beds to talk his made up crap on and the others to respond so use it
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2018, 21:07:48 pm »

You should have all taken notice.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2018, 21:08:42 pm »

Some more facts.....

Look at Northampton Town....you know, The Cobblers!!
Average attendance in 1993/94 was 3454, and in 1994/95 was 5086. We finished 20th in Div 4 the first season and 22nd the following. What do you attribute the 47.25% increase in attendances that season to? The opening of Sixfields perhaps?? Better facilities??

Look at Milton Keynes Dons.....the Dongs if you prefer!!
Average attendance in 2006/7 was 6,034, and in 2007/8 it was 9,456. An increase season on season of 56.7%......coincidentally the season the moved from the Hockey Stadium to Stadium MK.

Look at Oxford United......
Average attendance in 2000/1 was 5148 and in 2001/2, even after relegation to a lower division the average was 6257, an increase of 21.54%...the year they moved from the Manor to The Kassam.

Move to a new stadium, improve attendance. Simples.

For the record, I don't think anyone at all is doubting we need/want improved facilities. Instead, we have a lot of people arguing whether the chicken or the egg came first.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3063

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2018, 21:15:43 pm »

There is a redevelopment thread for beds to talk his made up crap on and the others to respond so use it

This.

I thought the thread was about tickets for the game at Boro, or have I got in wrong.

Ordered 3 tickets today for anyone whose interested £53 (1 adult, under 22 & under 18).

Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2018, 22:18:05 pm »

Was going to get mine after work today but they closed at 5pm. I thought they stayed open until 7pm on a Thurs before a Sat home game?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: