The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:37:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 49312 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1120 on: April 03, 2018, 08:02:09 am »

I truly believe the club would be in a better position today if it was back at the county ground.

Swap the county ground for tenants at Franklins Gardens and you are probably right.
Report Spam   Logged
OldStratfordCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 03, 2018, 08:05:18 am »

Sacking Jimmy was the only option .
He had lost the dressing room .
Austin and Brady are proper coaches and not personalities . It’s a great opportunity for them.
The players now have to show what they are made of because these guys will not take any shirkers .
It’s a pity it didn’t happen before today’s game but never mind
I think that we may have sacked him last week but it was the Walter Tull 100th Anniversary and it was Tinkerbaink's birthday on the 27th March.  Kelvin was just being decent! That nicety could have just cost us our place in League 1.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 03, 2018, 08:26:28 am »

I thought Melville was head of recruitment...He has been the one constant through this whole debacle and still has a job!!

There is a definite conversation to have about whether Melville is doing a good job but don't get too caught up by his title, he's our chief scout that is all.

Jimmy/JED/Page may have asked him to scout targets they had (or arrange to have them scouted). He will also get out and watch games at all levels and built a database of players from that. The extent of his influence would probably be when the manager comes to him and says "We need a Right-Back, put together a list of targets for me". The manager will have final say.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1123 on: April 03, 2018, 08:48:53 am »

I think that we may have sacked him last week but it was the Walter Tull 100th Anniversary and it was Tinkerbaink's birthday on the 27th March.  Kelvin was just being decent! That nicety could have just cost us our place in League 1.
I get the Walter Tull thing but he should have gone after Charlton .
Report Spam   Logged
SBJ

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 03, 2018, 09:02:32 am »

On the slightly brighter side, some of the remaining games are against teams which (on current form) are about as bad as us. That has to be a positive. Those looking for a miracle should be happy to see Bury and Walsall in our run-in; Blackpool look weak, and Oldham (despite their win) look wobbly too. I'm ever the optimist.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1125 on: April 03, 2018, 09:15:30 am »

Whilst everyone seems to be celebrating the supposed loss of 5usports(which is obviously as clear as mud) the one thing that would worry me is that at the time KT and co pointed out that they needed the extra investment to make us competitive at league one level.
If you look back there was lots of flannel about now being able to compete and taking us to the next level(I’d incorrectly assumed an upwards one)
I’d now imagine it wouldn’t be folly to suggest whatever has been said the facts are that KT and co have insufficient funds to run the club successfully and make us a competitive football team.
The only way we can compete is by securing inward investment or a total buyout of the club by more affluent owners who have the financial clout.

If you admit you need extra outside income to be competitive it surely follows that you will be uncompetitive and will struggle without it.

Fair play to KT and co they’ve had a punt but are just another in a long list of owners who’ve come up short.
If they are hanging around now it doesn’t take a genius to realise that they are only after land as property developers rather than building the clubs infrastructure and on field profile.

Fans are less likely to moan if the club is championship bound as progress has been made but actually being in a worse position on the pitch than when you took over with a ramshackle ground to boot will not sit well with fans if the council give the owners land deals etc.

As a club we would be back in the basement division with another set of owners who have benefitted from the club financially whilst the club deteriates or at best stagnates.

Sorry for the scepticism but as fans we’ve seen it all before and it’s one big merry go round.
What we need is an owner who wants the football club to succeed first and foremost but the impression I get is that we have a constant line of investors hoping to make a profit on the back of the club with the football a sideshow.

I’d actually prefer to knock sixfields down and groundshare elsewhere for a while
At least it wood smoke out owners who are only basically property developers
No sixfields
No property developers.

Try and find an owner who wants the club to thrive and can have the millions required to relocate and build a new stadium .
I truly believe there is no future for the club at sixfields as the ground attracts the wrong sort of owners/speculators

If nobody wants the club as a going concern without sixfields so be it
Kaput
The end
We tried we failed
Sixfields and everything regards it has been the demise of our club rather than its salvation
Who can blame DC,KT etc for trying to turn a profit?
It’s not their fault so to speak it’s the fact we have a ground that people see as a cash cow.
It’s just ridiculous and while it remains so attractive to those thinking it’s a pot of gold the club will only continue to go backwards

I truly believe the club would be in a better position today if it was back at the county ground.

I genuinely wonder rather than saying thick what planet some people on here live on. Of course it doesn't take a genius to work out we need more money. Neither does it take a genius to use their ears and hear KT saying that. So other than once again identifying the same problem as KT has, what have you actually stated?

KT stated right from the point that he and his investors saved the club that it is and will remain up for sale should the right money come along. Which part of that do you struggle with? So that automatically leads us on to the next blindingly obvious question. WHO THE FCUK IS GOING TO BUY US?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 03, 2018, 09:18:22 am »

Good luck to Jon Brady
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1127 on: April 03, 2018, 09:31:11 am »

I genuinely wonder rather than saying thick what planet some people on here live on. Of course it doesn't take a genius to work out we need more money. Neither does it take a genius to use their ears and hear KT saying that. So other than once again identifying the same problem as KT has, what have you actually stated?

KT stated right from the point that he and his investors saved the club that it is and will remain up for sale should the right money come along. Which part of that do you struggle with? So that automatically leads us on to the next blindingly obvious question. WHO THE FCUK IS GOING TO BUY US?
I remember the same old no one will ever buy us flannel being rolled out when DC was here.
The real question should be
Would anyone buy us as a football club rather than a property deal?
Maybe,maybe not
The point I was raising is in my opinion whilst the only owners we can attract are property investors the club will go nowhere.
If we can’t attract an owner who wants to own the club for football reasons then it may as well be game over.
I’m sure I’m not the only fan who is sick to death with the constant property redevelopment merry go round
I’d rather follow a Phoenix club from scratch than have a constant stream of property developers running the club.
I do respect that others may feel differently and that’s what opinions and forums are all about.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1128 on: April 03, 2018, 10:13:48 am »

Ah look,  Shoey is out and posting constantly during a "crisis".
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1129 on: April 03, 2018, 10:48:33 am »

On the slightly brighter side, some of the remaining games are against teams which (on current form) are about as bad as us. That has to be a positive. Those looking for a miracle should be happy to see Bury and Walsall in our run-in; Blackpool look weak, and Oldham (despite their win) look wobbly too. I'm ever the optimist.

🙏
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 03, 2018, 11:22:33 am »

Am I the only one feeling a little conflicted? Sure, Jimmy has proven to be dire and had to go. And hopefully Dean and Jon can become instant Northampton legends by achieving the highly unlikely. However, if we do go down it'll irk me that it's a stain that won't be attached to JFH's cv. Because you can bet your bottom dollar Jimmy will land another job; it doesn't take long for history to spin a new truth.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 03, 2018, 11:48:39 am »

I don't really care what spin he puts on it now as we don't have to listen to it.
I fear it make take a while to correct the appalling situation he has left us in but I have some renewed hope that we may actually see some attacking football being played.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 03, 2018, 12:15:05 pm »

I remember the same old no one will ever buy us flannel being rolled out when DC was here.
The real question should be
Would anyone buy us as a football club rather than a property deal?
Maybe,maybe not
The point I was raising is in my opinion whilst the only owners we can attract are property investors the club will go nowhere.
If we can’t attract an owner who wants to own the club for football reasons then it may as well be game over.
I’m sure I’m not the only fan who is sick to death with the constant property redevelopment merry go round
I’d rather follow a Phoenix club from scratch than have a constant stream of property developers running the club.
I do respect that others may feel differently and that’s what opinions and forums are all about.

There is no need for it to be game over at all. You certainly don't have any evidence to even substantiate that comment. In fact I would argue that the club has enjoyed equal funding to a lot of clubs that have done better over the years. All over KT's managerial appointments have on the whole met with a good reaction from the vast majority of the support. So I fail to see what he could have done a lot better there.

In terms of the owners, you haven't done anything other than state the obvious and offer a relatively depressing and doom and gloom alternative to the current situation. Someone has to go down. This has happened to us under much worse circumstances in the past and we have still gone on to enjoy our football afterwards. At the moment the club is solvent, and could potentially attract investors. The fact that they are few and far between is nobody's fault. You need to wipe away your tears, put your toys back in the pram and get a sense of perspective.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 03, 2018, 12:23:15 pm »

There is no need for it to be game over at all. You certainly don't have any evidence to even substantiate that comment. In fact I would argue that the club has enjoyed equal funding to a lot of clubs that have done better over the years. All over KT's managerial appointments have on the whole met with a good reaction from the vast majority of the support. So I fail to see what he could have done a lot better there.

In terms of the owners, you haven't done anything other than state the obvious and offer a relatively depressing and doom and gloom alternative to the current situation. Someone has to go down. This has happened to us under much worse circumstances in the past and we have still gone on to enjoy our football afterwards. At the moment the club is solvent, and could potentially attract investors. The fact that they are few and far between is nobody's fault. You need to wipe away your tears, put your toys back in the pram and get a sense of perspective.
Just ask yourself why the only people interested in the club since sixfields has been built have been property developers.
Do other clubs always get taken over by property developers.
If there wasn’t the chance to make money from land deals would anyone be interested?
How come there are over eighty clubs in the lower leagues who have owners who are not interested in land deals but buy clubs to hopefully take them forward,progress them and enlarge them without the carrot of acquiring land.?
In short there are the owners out there but we can’t attract them
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 03, 2018, 13:38:29 pm »

Just ask yourself why the only people interested in the club since sixfields has been built have been property developers.
Do other clubs always get taken over by property developers.
If there wasn’t the chance to make money from land deals would anyone be interested?
How come there are over eighty clubs in the lower leagues who have owners who are not interested in land deals but buy clubs to hopefully take them forward,progress them and enlarge them without the carrot of acquiring land.?
In short there are the owners out there but we can’t attract them

That penny is not dropping at all..

The club has been up for sale for years, should the right person come in. You tell me where it stipulates property developer?? It doesn't. And how you speak for 80 + clubs is beyond me  Grin Grin

Just get over it...
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #1135 on: April 03, 2018, 13:46:11 pm »

Am I the only one feeling a little conflicted? Sure, Jimmy has proven to be dire and had to go. And hopefully Dean and Jon can become instant Northampton legends by achieving the highly unlikely. However, if we do go down it'll irk me that it's a stain that won't be attached to JFH's cv. Because you can bet your bottom dollar Jimmy will land another job; it doesn't take long for history to spin a new truth.
I think you might be. I have no issue with Jimmy spinning it anyway he wants in order to get another job. I have no issue with him personally but glad he is no longer manager of my football club.

Gary Johnson claimed to have saved us from relegation neglecting the fact that  he put us into that position! I don't care about him at all any more except for when we play his teams I want to beat them but that's the same for any old manager, including Wilder.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 03, 2018, 15:12:58 pm »

That penny is not dropping at all..

The club has been up for sale for years, should the right person come in. You tell me where it stipulates property developer?? It doesn't. And how you speak for 80 + clubs is beyond me  Grin Grin

Just get over it...
We can agree to disagree
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1137 on: April 03, 2018, 15:29:08 pm »

We can agree to disagree

Boooooo !!!  I wanted to see a fight.     Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 03, 2018, 15:51:58 pm »

We can agree to disagree

No we can't  Cool
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 03, 2018, 16:11:12 pm »

No we can't  Cool
Why is everyone on here turning into everbrite?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: