The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:39:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 49450 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2018, 22:21:08 pm »

To highlight we go through this drama all the time and the same negative people pipe up seemingly wanting us to fail. Sacking yet another manager really isn't the answer and at some point we really need to stick to a plan. I cba to work out if the stats are right, but google shows he's averaging 1.24 points a game (57 points over the course of a full season). Considering he joined when we had absolutely zero points (with rumours of dressing room unrest), I honestly don't feel he's as bad as is being made out.

I fully understand the frustration as we've been in a relegation battle since we lost to Shrewsbury on day 1. But right now, more than ever, we should be getting behind the team. Bunney should be nowhere near that left back position at present, but hearing approx 1000 fans groan when he had the ball made me nervous sat there safe in the stands.

A relegation battle since we list to Shrewsbury on day 1!!!!

What the feck are you smoking?Huh?

An awful lot of rubbish posted as well, when a manager gas list the fans it's a major uphill battle and he has. It looks like he's lost the dressing room too from Saturdays performance a body language, once that happens he needs to go.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2018, 22:40:14 pm »

We lost our first four games and then he came in.....so he's amassed 39 points in 33 games......1.182 per game or 54 points per season if you like.

Considering we finished 16th in League 1 last year with 53 points, I suppose you could argue he's improved us....... Wink

He's a whole ONE POINT better on average over the whole season than the combined efforts of Edinburgh and Page!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2018, 22:50:23 pm »

We lost our first four games and then he came in.....so he's amassed 39 points in 33 games......1.182 per game or 54 points per season if you like.

Considering we finished 16th in League 1 last year with 53 points, I suppose you could argue he's improved us....... Wink

He's a whole ONE POINT better on average over the whole season than the combined efforts of Edinburgh and Page!

Page had the easiest job of the lot. JFH had the hardest job. My opinion mind, I know other people see it differently.

JED was the one manager out of them three who I really couldn't stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2018, 22:53:10 pm »

A relegation battle since we list to Shrewsbury on day 1!!!!

What the feck are you smoking?Huh?

Have we ever been more than a couple points clear of the relegation zone since then? The season has honestly been that drab.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2018, 23:11:51 pm »

To highlight we go through this drama all the time and the same negative people pipe up seemingly wanting us to fail. Sacking yet another manager really isn't the answer and at some point we really need to stick to a plan.

Lol pull the other one.  If that's all you were trying to prove why not link to a thread calling for JED, Page or Boothroyd to be sacked.  You've picked the one decent manager which with large doses of hindsight proves your point.  Throw In a link to your comments back in then when you said we should stick with Wilder and his plan.  What did you think about Page and JED being sacked.  Should we have stuck with their plan?

Funnily enough I'm not convinced Jimmy should be sacked as I feel we have already passed the point where it would make any difference.  However if he continues as he has throughout his career so far it's  only a matter of time.  If he takes us down it will have been the most avoidable relegation in this clubs history.  How many managers in our entire history have been allowed such a big squad and such a large amount of signings to fail so miserably.  I honestly believe hand on heart that there are managers out there that could have got us mid table with this exact same squad......without a single addition.  And that's why Jimmy has failed so miserably so far.

Finally the other thing that has always irritated me.  This lazy comment people throw out saying people on here want managers to fail.  We are all Cobblers fans.  Why else would we spend our weekends doing what we we do and writing on here and caring so much.  It's just dumb and lazy to think any of us actively wants someone to fail.

Oh and sorry finally, finally.  What is the "plan" you mention we should be sticking to?  Stand by every manager in the hope one of them eventually gets it right?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2018, 23:15:09 pm »

Never quite understood what purpose this ever serves or point it proves when digging up old opinions from years ago. 
...........................................Wilder became a massive success cause when things weren't working he had the balls to admit it to himself, ..............Will Jimmy do the same?  He's probably still just about got enough time.  But as many managers gave proved in the past their stubborn I'm right you are all wrong attitude often only ends up one way.

Very interesting post MCHammer with some decent points raised and debated which is as you know is a relatively rare 'thing' on here. The link that Wolvo posted on Wilder is relevant (IMO) reminder. I can distinctly recall the calls for CW's resignation of whom many who did still post on here. There are a couple of posters in Wolvo's link who were calling for Wilder's head and now calling for JFH head! You couldn't make it up!  There were some greater posters in that link who have gone awol; Marvo, Garibaldi etc. How I miss them.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3181

« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2018, 23:35:15 pm »

Very interesting post MCHammer with some decent points raised and debated which is as you know is a relatively rare 'thing' on here. The link that Wolvo posted on Wilder is relevant (IMO) reminder. I can distinctly recall the calls for CW's resignation of whom many who did still post on here. There are a couple of posters in Wolvo's link who were calling for Wilder's head and now calling for JFH head! You couldn't make it up!  There were some greater posters in that link who have gone awol; Marvo, Garibaldi etc. How I miss them.

I have an old, archived quote from you that says:  "I've had enough of this rubbish" whilst Calderwood was manager.... or do I?   OR, did you write that on another message away from this forum?   Or, was it that you said that (at some time)?

Have I a file on your subversive activities?

Are you really who I think you are?

Are you prepared to disclose your real self and motivations for posting on these forums?

Are you a Russian Agent?

Am I a Russian Agent?

Are you really "Zlin"?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2018, 23:36:49 pm »

Top draw waffle 😂

Top draw yes - waffle no!
Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2018, 23:37:55 pm »

But you are also missing the point.  We can all be wise after the event.  Link me a thread from that same point in time saying we should stick with CW and that this guy will win the league next season.  Why wouldn't "some" people call for a managers head 5 months into a season that promised so much but was heading the way of another relegation battle.  Like I've said before we all know what later happened but in Decemeber of that season with the club in 19th place people were rightly fed up.  As I also said before Wilder changed a lot which is what then led to what came to pass.  So to say someone expressing that opinion at THAT specific point in time somehow invalidates their opinion now is just ridiculous.

Again I say why not use a thread calling for JED or Pages sacking?  We all know why!

Those that offer no opinion never have to defend themselves though do they?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2018, 23:41:40 pm »

I have an old, archived quote from you that says:  "I've had enough of this rubbish" whilst Calderwood was manager.... or do I?   

Firstly no I did not criticize Calderwood.

secondly......

pack it up Frank!
Report Spam   Logged

MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2018, 00:04:44 am »

Sorry but I have to also add that I've just looked up our results around that time and it's all flooding back to me.  We were on a run under Wilder of 2 wins in FIFTEEN GAMES with THIRTEEN DEFEATS!!  Again I say without the benefit of hindsight why wouldn't any sane fan be calling for a managers head.  As I have said taking the comments out of context and with the benefit of hindsight of course they look dumb.  Putting them back in context maybe not so dumb?

The upside of all this is in comparison to that run of results Jimmy now looks like Pep Guardiola....maybe that's why Wolvo brought it up?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2018, 00:10:48 am »

But you are also missing the point.  We can all be wise after the event.  Link me a thread from that same point in time saying we should stick with CW and that this guy will win the league next season.  Why wouldn't "some" people call for a managers head 5 months into a season that promised so much but was heading the way of another relegation battle.  Like I've said before we all know what later happened but in Decemeber of that season with the club in 19th place people were rightly fed up.  As I also said before Wilder changed a lot which is what then led to what came to pass.  So to say someone expressing that opinion at THAT specific point in time somehow invalidates their opinion now is just ridiculous.

Again I say why not use a thread calling for JED or Pages sacking?  We all know why!

Those that offer no opinion never have to defend themselves though do they?

Be surprised if I am missing the point - as I never called for CW's head so that rules out hindsight. CW did not change a lot, it was at best a gradual change over 2 years. What he managed to do was get the team playing how he wanted and he was given time to achieve that. AFAIK he did not admit to poor selection strategy but merely played those (eventually) who served a purpose. The similarity between CW and JFH situation is uncanny. As for those expressing 'that' specific point in time (CW v JFH), as Wolvo rightly points out it is the same people doing it again. To me, that is more than coincidental.

Report Spam   Logged

guest3181

« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2018, 00:25:23 am »

Firstly no I did not criticize Calderwood.

secondly......

pack it up Frank!

I am not Frank.....  I am Ernest.

How dare you.......Huh?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2018, 07:03:45 am »

Be surprised if I am missing the point - as I never called for CW's head so that rules out hindsight. CW did not change a lot, it was at best a gradual change over 2 years. What he managed to do was get the team playing how he wanted and he was given time to achieve that. AFAIK he did not admit to poor selection strategy but merely played those (eventually) who served a purpose. The similarity between CW and JFH situation is uncanny. As for those expressing 'that' specific point in time (CW v JFH), as Wolvo rightly points out it is the same people doing it again. To me, that is more than coincidental.

Once again utter nonsense nevers, as others have said Wilder admitted when he got it wrong and changed his style dramatically to play a higher pressing and attacking game with width. The signing of Holmes was a major turning point as he helped allow him to do this and by luck/good judgement/right player right time it payed off massively
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2018, 07:21:41 am »

I was underwhelmed when JFH was appointed manger in early September and, unfortunately, nothing has happened since to make me change my mind. Some of JFH's team selections with players chosen out of position on a regular basis and formations leave me dumfounded.  However, it is probably too late and too expensive to make a further change at this stage of the season. The die is cast. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2018, 08:17:37 am »

Once again utter nonsense nevers, as others have said Wilder admitted when he got it wrong and changed his style dramatically to play a higher pressing and attacking game with width. The signing of Holmes was a major turning point as he helped allow him to do this and by luck/good judgement/right player right time it payed off massively

You merely rely on others opinion ; never your own and pick and chose to suit your argument. Where you around in CW early years?

ps The 'Sacking him' thread in 2014 ring any bells?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 13:39:12 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2018, 08:21:12 am »

JFH has an extensive experienced backroom team in which to call on as well as several senior professional's who at weekly meetings should collectively work out a team and formations to get us back to winning games.
Those coaches had better not have designs on stealing the top job!
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2018, 08:39:23 am »

JFH spoke about HIS fans on the radio. We are not your fans Jimmy...we are Cobblers Fans. You are the manager at the moment and we will be here after you have moved on! Keep us on your side by understanding that our satisfaction is more important than yours!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2018, 09:21:27 am »

I recall a few months ago (when you see the memories on Facebook) sharing one I posted about 3 years ago saying about how I wanted Wilder sacked if he didn't get a result from the following 2 games…he did, the rest is history as they say!  Grin I actually don't give a sh1t as to whether Im right or wrong, as MC says its all relative to the time of the opinion. We may well have romped the league if we'd kept Gary Johnson, or won the FA Cup if Terry Fenwick had been given a bit more than 7 games!  Grin

I do love the fact though that I predicted that we'd romp the league that season and took a load of stick because we struggled…I was only one year out!  Grin Grin

Anyway, back to Jimmy. If I was KT Id be on the phone to possible replacements this morning, lining up a plan B on the basis that we produce another absolute shocker tomorrow evening on the back of another crazy team line up. On reflection,  that would be the sensible way forward. Give him tomorrows game to sort things out whilst having someone lined up in the background…and if the team shows no signs of 'wanting it' again then with 8 games left, we play our last card so to speak.

We do need someone lined up, it would have to be a mega quick appointment. It was the last thing on my mind leaving Bristol the week before, BUT we need to give ourselves the very best chance of staying in league1. Wolvo's view that wed have a good manager for league2 next season if we went down may well be the case, it may well not be. Subjective. BUT if he's in charge come August after being relegated, the place will be poisonous if we get off to nothing other than a brilliant start. Thats football.

I had my head in my hand when a large section of the West Stand cheered on Saturday when Bunney did something 'good'…that was horrible. The crowd have had enough, its ok bickering about whether that was right or wrong (Id say very wrong) BUT when it comes to that point drastic action has to be taken. Whether an individual personally thinks so or not. If he picks him again tomorrow evening then that would singlehandedly be the most stupid team selection I've seen in 30 years. More so than dropping Bayo for Platt in the play off final. A kids career is at stake here, he can't potentially be put through that again.

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2018, 09:35:26 am »

I recall a few months ago (when you see the memories on Facebook) sharing one I posted about 3 years ago saying about how I wanted Wilder sacked if he didn't get a result from the following 2 games…he did, the rest is history as they say!  Grin I actually don't give a sh1t as to whether Im right or wrong, as MC says its all relative to the time of the opinion. We may well have romped the league if we'd kept Gary Johnson, or won the FA Cup if Terry Fenwick had been given a bit more than 7 games!  Grin

Grin Grin Yeah I was surprised to see how vocal you were going back to the old threads. You weren't a lone voice mind. It's a lot of people citing erratic team selections, mind numbing tactics and a terrible attitude towards the fans. The similarities between them posts and now are absolutely uncanny... and I dare say, if we were in League One back then (4 teams get relegated as opposed to 2), we'd have got our wish and had one of the best managers in English football sacked. This thread in particular makes amusing reading in hindsight: http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=12179.0 - Somehow a couple people said we'd get promoted under him.

I think the reason I like JFH is I agree with a lot of his decisions on how Northampton should be run now, and in the future... But it absolutely breaks my heart that it isn't working currently. Bringing in younger players on longer term contracts, absolutely insists on playing wide football regardless, and appears to have brought in a solid backroom team too.

Under Johnson and Boothroyd, we didn't see any form of plan or professionalism. And under JED, he plays a style of football I personally cannot stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: