The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:42:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 49413 times)
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2018, 10:04:38 am »

Saturday was the first time I'd have to agree. Some of the selections have been baffling to say the least and unless he can get over his own stubbornness (where have we heard that before?!) and produce performances that make us even slightly believe we're not going down then he's got to be on the way unfortunately.

If he was picking a team with players in the right position and they were being sent out with a mentality to fight for every ball and we were being beaten by quality then I'd hold my hands up and say he should stay but that just isn't the case at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2018, 10:10:47 am »

Never quite understood what purpose this ever serves or point it proves when digging up old opinions from years ago.  Opinions are very much of their time and just cause a big dose of hindsight proves them wrong it hardly validates your point.  I'm sure you could dig up threads saying every manager should of been sacked.  Were they all wrong?  What was your opinion of Wilder At that time?  Don't tell me you could see the Ricky Holmes on the horizon, a change of formation, JJOT becoming player of the year and winning the league the following season by miles.

The parallels you can draw us that Wilder struggled big time.  However Wilder as a manager changed massively in his time here and laid the foundations for being the manager he is today.  He started signing solid, proven winners at that level.  Characters that would run the dressing room for him.  He changed his style if play.  He lucked out by signing Ricky Holmes (lucked out in terms of nobody would know the impact he would have and Pompeys stupidity in letting him go).

He started bringing in players who didn't get injured so often.

Wilder became a massive success cause when things weren't working he had the balls to admit it to himself, took advice and adapted.  The rest is history.

Will Jimmy do the same?  He's probably still just about got enough time.  But as many managers gave proved in the past their stubborn I'm right you are all wrong attitude often only ends up one way.

Jimmys managerial career so far shows he likes to play with one up top, cautious, winning games by a single goal If he can.  Of course if you win more than you lose fans just about accept that but it's a negative strategy and falls to pieces when you no longer scrape the wins.  Ask any United fan about Mourinho (soneone who Jimmy has likened his own style to in the past).

Whereas JFH is too stubborn and mystified that little old Northampton have fans that question him.

I won't be shouting for him to get sacked but if he went I would have a celebration. As a manager there isn't really anything to like about him.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:23 am »

If he was picking a team with players in the right position and they were being sent out with a mentality to fight for every ball and we were being beaten by quality then I'd hold my hands up and say he should stay but that just isn't the case at the moment.

This is the most disappointing thing for me. I want to come away from every game thinking that our players have put a shift in, worked hard for the fans and deserved some plaudits at the end of it. Even in defeat.

One supporter in front of me summed up the general feeling on Saturday, when he stood up at the barrier after the third goal went in and was shouting:

"Have you got any fight in you? Are you Cobblers or not? Stand up and fight!"

The answer seems to be a resounding "No" at the minute. I want to see that the players care, not stood around with hands on their hips looking disappointingly at each other as we get walked over. Jimmy needs to get the players fighting, and he doesn't seem capable of that at the minute, or putting players on the pitch who would want to fight for us when those on the pitch show that they don't.

Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2018, 10:14:52 am »

Spot on re: Wilder - the only manager we've had in the last few years who hasn't been stubborn in his ways and who has actually had a connection to the fans.
Report Spam   Logged

Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2018, 10:17:06 am »

This is the most disappointing thing for me. I want to come away from every game thinking that our players have put a shift in, worked hard for the fans and deserved some plaudits at the end of it. Even in defeat.

One supporter in front of me summed up the general feeling on Saturday, when he stood up at the barrier after the third goal went in and was shouting:

"Have you got any fight in you? Are you Cobblers or not? Stand up and fight!"

The answer seems to be a resounding "No" at the minute. I want to see that the players care, not stood around with hands on their hips looking disappointingly at each other as we get walked over. Jimmy needs to get the players fighting, and he doesn't seem capable of that at the minute, or putting players on the pitch who would want to fight for us when those on the pitch show that they don't.

Yep - the amount of loan players can't help (which hugely hindered Stuart Gray in 2009) ... having no connection to the club and knowing that next season you can go back to your parent club and all will be rosy again can't inspire many.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2018, 11:06:17 am »

Yep - the amount of loan players can't help (which hugely hindered Stuart Gray in 2009) ... having no connection to the club and knowing that next season you can go back to your parent club and all will be rosy again can't inspire many.
Trouble is Snowy, pretty much all the lower league clubs are in the same boat. Don’t know how many loanees Shrewsbury have got cause a cant be arsed to look, but I’ll bet it’s a few? Making the most of the loan market is the name of the game down here?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2018, 11:08:00 am »

We must've had at least 4 loan players in the 2015/16 title winning squad by the end of the season.

Definitely Marquis and Collins to name two.
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2018, 11:30:09 am »

So Martin Allen returns to Barnet, 7pts from safety and 8 games to go.

At what point does KT hit the panic button?

I suspect we are 13pts  from safety with 9 games to go...
(assuming 51 is enough +1 for the the goals against)

Oh I just looked at the fixtures its too late...cant see where 13pts will come from....52pts may well be out of reach after April 2nd.
Sherws 1pt
Fleetwood 1pt
Charton 1pt
S.....0
Blackpool 0
Bury 0
Argyle 1pt
Wallsall 3pts

Hope I am wrong...
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2018, 11:32:28 am »

I think we might win at Bury but can't see us getting anything against Shrews.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2235

« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2018, 11:44:13 am »

I think his biggest problem that season was placing his faith in a young Chris Dunn.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2018, 12:17:04 pm »

I think the reason I like JFH is I agree with a lot of his decisions on how Northampton should be run now, and in the future... But it absolutely breaks my heart that it isn't working currently. Bringing in younger players on longer term contracts, absolutely insists on playing wide football regardless, and appears to have brought in a solid backroom team too.

Under Johnson and Boothroyd, we didn't see any form of plan or professionalism.
Do we have any form of plan or professionalism under JFH ? The not marking anyone for opposition throw ins, not having 2 players alert to counter short corners and taking every free kick and throw in exactly the same way is something that Sunday League players do. Someone needs to walk down to the club shop and get the DVD of the Championship winning season and give it to JFH to see that if you vary your free kicks, it pays dividends.
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2018, 12:25:10 pm »

Do we have any form of plan or professionalism under JFH ? The not marking anyone for opposition throw ins, not having 2 players alert to counter short corners and taking every free kick and throw in exactly the same way is something that Sunday League players do. Someone needs to walk down to the club shop and get the DVD of the Championship winning season and give it to JFH to see that if you vary your free kicks, it pays dividends.

Pop one on his desk, he might just realise that Sixfields is not the world centre for booing...when the team puts up a fight.

I often wonder how much the finance issues played a part in driving the players on that season, they were a strong enough group that stood up to be counted..
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2018, 12:25:56 pm »

So Martin Allen returns to Barnet, 7pts from safety and 8 games to go.

At what point does KT hit the panic button?

I suspect we are 13pts  from safety with 9 games to go...
(assuming 51 is enough +1 for the the goals against)

Oh I just looked at the fixtures its too late...cant see where 13pts will come from....52pts may well be out of reach after April 2nd.
Sherws 1pt
Fleetwood 1pt
Charton 1pt
S.....0
Blackpool 0
Bury 0
Argyle 1pt
Wallsall 3pts

Hope I am wrong...

Given the performance on Saturday I think your prediction is pretty optimistic - In fact if we play that that and with that set up for the rest of the season I can't see us getting more than 1 more point.

Again hope I'm wrong - But as others have said we are so easy to beat / play against. Its all just too predictable  
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2018, 12:36:34 pm »

I predict that we finish 23rd if we do not replace Jimmy.

In the past, I'd never have dreamt of missing the Fleetwood game due to the size of the fixture. But I am not travelling that distance to watch us under this manager. I've never felt that way before.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2018, 12:51:40 pm »

Hard to see Jimmy getting us out of this. Like everyone I wanted him to succeed and my confidence has slowly ebbed away. Gave him the benefit of the doubt when he was left with a very unbalanced squad. However, with a busy January and a few good results, my optimism levels had been restored. 6 weeks on following bad results, horrific home performances and odd team selections game after game my support of Jimmy has gone. The drop looks more likely than survival.

What the board do now is on their judgement. Based on the 3 managers Kelvin has picked, I have little faith there as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2018, 12:58:00 pm »

I recall a few months ago (when you see the memories on Facebook) sharing one I posted about 3 years ago saying about how I wanted Wilder sacked.....................

Drilling in September 2014 you were firmly advocating the sacking of CW on here; admittedly along with quite a few others! I get the impression you are embarking on the same journey again re JFH. Please correct me if wrong! JFH is on a 3-year contract so to pay him off will be financially disasterous for us; even more so if we are relegated. As you might guess I am not a supporter of ditching JFH as it is all too reminiscent of the sackings of Johnstone, RP and JED.  I also happen to believe/hope that JFH will avoid relegation and go on to have a successful  L1 season with us next season. I am not in agreement with some of his selection policies and more than disappointed with the display last Saturday. Unlike some on here, not all my disappointment is aimed at the Manager. I feel that some of the players have to take (some) responsibility for the recent poor performances.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2018, 13:07:35 pm »

Drilling in September 2014 you were firmly advocating the sacking of CW on here; admittedly along with quite a few others! I get the impression you are embarking on the same journey again re JFH. Please correct me if wrong! JFH is on a 3-year contract so to pay him off will be financially disasterous for us; even more so if we are relegated. As you might guess I am not a supporter of ditching JFH as it is all too reminiscent of the sackings of Johnstone, RP and JED.  I also happen to believe/hope that JFH will avoid relegation and go on to have a successful  L1 season with us next season. I am not in agreement with some of his selection policies and more than disappointed with the display last Saturday. Unlike some on here, not all my disappointment is aimed at the Manager. I feel that some of the players have to take (some) responsibility for the recent poor performances.

If you believe that JFH will avoid relegation then he wont be with this club if/when we go down.

The only hope is, if other teams dont pick up any more points....

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2018, 13:10:44 pm »

Given the performance on Saturday I think your prediction is pretty optimistic - In fact if we play that that and with that set up for the rest of the season I can't see us getting more than 1 more point.

Again hope I'm wrong - But as others have said we are so easy to beat / play against. Its all just too predictable  

You said more or less the same thing about CW! (About Dec 2014 in the CW Sackingthread).
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2018, 13:13:00 pm »

If you read the other thread, I've adjusted my stance a little. I would hope that KT is lining up someone today to take over IF tomorrow evening ends up being another no show (5 on the spin at home) and another silly team selection….

IF that happens, we have 8 games left to find *probably 4 wins from. Id strongly argue that if we are to give ourselves the best possible chance of staying in this division we'd need to make a managerial change.

If Bunney is picked again (unless its further up the pitch), I swear to God there is at that point, zero mitigation. Grimes would also be no where near my starting line up either but I accept with him it is subjective, some would pick him, some wouldn't. But I doubt a single person in the ground on Saturday (other than JFH) would have lined up with Bunney at left back...
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2018, 13:14:41 pm »

If Bunney is picked again (unless its further up the pitch), I swear to God there is at that point, zero mitigation. Grimes would also be no where near my starting line up either but I accept with him it is subjective, some would pick him, some wouldn't. But I doubt a single person in the ground on Saturday (other than JFH) would have lined up with Bunney at left back...

I think you are 100% spot on regarding fans opinion on Grimes and Bunney.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: