The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:54:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 49431 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2018, 15:14:12 pm »

Just out of interest take away all of the results (four for each team) in L1 pre Jimmy and recalculate our league position.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:33/type:home-and-away/

An interesting point. Joint 14th on points... Not bad considering the month or so where we only had Richards and Revell as fit strikers (and literally no wingers for an eternity).
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2018, 15:16:38 pm »

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:33/type:home-and-away/

An interesting point. Joint 14th on points... Not bad considering the month or so where we only had Richards and Revell as fit strikers (and literally no wingers for an eternity).

Amazing isn't it  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2018, 15:21:08 pm »

Have a quick read of the opening post(s) from this thread:
http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?topic=9622.0

Fans were calling for him to be sacked after 2 months? Absolutely zero rapport with a lot of our fans. Fans claiming we'd signed too many loan players etc (the usual stuff you hear when you're in the relegation zone, but not when you're top of the league).

I understand memory changes over the course of time, but it really wasn't how you remember it. Most of the fans were wrong, and the manager eventually got it right given a 3rd season. The reason I highlight Wilder, is because he is the last manager we stuck with through a rough patch (a rough patch that appeared to last a full calendar year or so with some fans?). We absolutely cannot keep sacking managers aiming for quick fix after quick fix.

I'll be there tomorrow supporting the team. I fear we need the support more than ever, but I think any positive vibes have long left our home matches.

Another good post Wolvo keep it up.  This guy is travelling from Sutton Coldfield to support the team on Tuesday how many of us will have the 'necessary' to do that? Of course, we need wholehearted support, not cynical applause. If Bunny plays (perhaps unlikely) support him he will react to such support. Our future, especially at Sixfields, may depend on the support we give. The away support is fine but a big effort for Fleetwood is required...come on Dan you are the conductor here!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2018, 15:29:26 pm »

Just out of interest take away all of the results (four for each team) in L1 pre Jimmy and recalculate our league position.

We'd be 18th on 39 points.......

Blackpool and Walsall would have 39 but a better GD.
Below us would be Oxford 38, AFC Wimbledon 38, Doncaster 38, MK Dons 35, Rochdale 32, Bury 26
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2018, 15:33:52 pm »

I'm not in the 'Jimmy Out' camp. I really do want us to stick with a manager through a rough patch.

That said, I am far from impressed with him so far, but hope to have my mind changed. He seems to have abandoned the principals which worked well for him in his first few games here i.e pressing high up the pitch. His first game against Doncaster was a breath of fresh air, with everyone running themselves into the ground and forcing the opposition into mistakes high up the pitch. I don't understand why we don't do it any more. If the players aren't fit enough to do it, or motivated to do it, then that's down to him.

I fear if he's stubborn on the Bunney issue and doesn't take him out of the firing line and replace him with either Buchanan or Turnbull, then it could cost the club relegation. Any manager who puts his own ego above the obvious best interests of the team is not a manager I want at the helm. If Jimmy wants a more positive atmosphere at Sixfields he has to bite the bullet and drop Bunney, because the first mistake he makes on Tuesday will start the unrest and it will only build.

If he addresses this in his team selection tomorrow I think a lot more fans be willing to get more on board with him. I can accept a manager making mistakes if they learn from them and don't repeat them. More of the same and a number of fans' patience will start to wear very thin with him.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2018, 15:37:31 pm »

Doesn't look like he is going to though:

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/hasselbaink-backs-bunney-and-urges-fans-to-stimulate-players-during-games-1-8421836

For once though, I agree with the rest of what he says.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2018, 15:57:06 pm »

Yes I agree, he talks sense for once.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2018, 16:01:08 pm »

Doesn't look like he is going to though:

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/hasselbaink-backs-bunney-and-urges-fans-to-stimulate-players-during-games-1-8421836

For once though, I agree with the rest of what he says.

I do as well having read it. If we get behind all the team tomorrow it will help all players.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2018, 16:13:16 pm »

Bye then  Kiss Buy yourself a blanket, some ovaltine and leather shorts with the money you will save.
I prefer Horlicks but yes I will be saving money and will definitely be investing in a new blanket. This one has stains all over it.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest2677

« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2018, 16:17:50 pm »

We'd be 18th on 39 points.......

Blackpool and Walsall would have 39 but a better GD.
Below us would be Oxford 38, AFC Wimbledon 38, Doncaster 38, MK Dons 35, Rochdale 32, Bury 26
17th Grange.
Fleetwood would be 23rd with 30 points.
So four points above the drop zone with Rochadale in 22nd with 3 games in hand.
Report Spam   Logged
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2018, 16:19:35 pm »

The players need to get stuck in. They need to close down quickly, hunt in packs and show some fight. The crowd will respond but if they stand off and show no fight then they should expect the crowd to get on their backs. After all, we pay good money each match and have the right to see the players earn their wages. I am sure I speak for all supporters when I say that we want to get behind the team but they, and especially JFH, have to do their part, and recently they and in particular JFH have failed to do what is needed.
I can forgive a defeat if the team gives everything, but for most of the season at Sixfields, the team have not delivered their part of the bargain, and the manager is as culpable as the players.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2018, 16:20:09 pm »

This one has stains all over it.

Ahhhh....that's what you meant when you said.....

I'm done until this clown goes..

Kinky  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2018, 17:54:17 pm »

I do not see any changes in management until the end of the season earliest. However I agree with most that he/we need to address the obvious issues to stand a chance of staying up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2018, 18:34:15 pm »

The best we can hope for is to get a few results and claw survival. He’d probably stick around and be under immediate pressure next season.
I can recall calling for Cardoza but not Wilder. I think this one will need to be a bigger turnaround. Currently not sensing a happy ending. If it’s the same old story tomorrow he won’t have many backers left at all.
When the main focus turns from the pitch to the fans you are clutching at straws. Maybe try coming out of the East Stand side.  Tongue
Take some accountability man.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2018, 19:43:54 pm »

I do feel a bit sorry for Jimmy in some respects. The squad he inherited was pants wasn’t it? The transfer window is never going to solve your major problems, there just isn’t the availability. His marquee signing then gets injured, his other suffers a cataclysmic loss of form. Despite this his away record is actually really good for a team in our position with points taken off some good sides in this division. However, there are some glaring deficiencies at home with regards to the way the side is set up. Is he too stubborn or doesn’t he have a plan B? Obviously the sign of a great manager is an ability to accept a system is not working, embrace change and find a way. Who remembers dear old Bobby Robson at Italia 90? All the way through qualifying and pre tournament friendlies with 4 at the back, played crap so went 5 at the back to everyone’s bemusement and got us to the semi finals. If Bobby isn’t too proud to admit he got it wrong at the World Cup in that media storm, I don’t know why we seem to have so much trouble finding a manager in Division 1 who does? He has to change it or he is finished sooner rather than later if we keep under performing at home, because you can say what you like about KT, he isn’t afraid to pull the trigger. It will happen because I can’t see KT making the same mistake as last year and letting Jimmy rebuild a squad only to have to sack him in September? That won’t happen.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2018, 19:46:23 pm »

17th Grange.
Fleetwood would be 23rd with 30 points.
So four points above the drop zone with Rochadale in 22nd with 3 games in hand.

I wrote Fleetwood down and then forget to add them!! They actually won their first three league games of the season! No win in the last 11 though, although Sheridan is unbeaten so far...three draws!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2018, 19:47:15 pm »

I sincerely hope he has finally ripped up in small peices the JFH manual of how to win your home games and then hold several urgent head to head meetings with all coaching staff and the more senior players to discuss what it is they need to do to save the club from going down the shi tter.
Then from these findings jimmy needs to take it to the training ground and completely turn about his current beliefs as how a team should set itself out to win games.

I dont go to night games anymore due to the lack of any proposed redevelopment (man utd being the last one)
But tomorrow Im making an exception as I have an inkling he may have rallied his troops with fresh ideas and we just may see one of those very improbable wins.
Im expecting 6 points from our next 2 games.
Train also booked for Fleetwood.
I fully believe this team have the ability to scrape the points and I expect an upturn in performance.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2018, 19:49:28 pm »

The best we can hope for is to get a few results and claw survival. He’d probably stick around and be under immediate pressure next season.
I can recall calling for Cardoza but not Wilder. I think this one will need to be a bigger turnaround. Currently not sensing a happy ending. If it’s the same old story tomorrow he won’t have many backers left at all.
When the main focus turns from the pitch to the fans you are clutching at straws. Maybe try coming out of the East Stand side.  Tongue
Take some accountability man.

Garibaldi
Report Spam   Logged

#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2018, 19:53:32 pm »

Garibaldi

The biscuit quiz is in the general chat section. Your participation would be welcome  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2018, 19:55:30 pm »

Garibaldi

We certainly could do with Marco up front tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: