The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:24:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 50014 times)
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2018, 07:27:39 am »

I'm not intrested in performance we need 3 points, nothing else will do or is good enough.

First test for Jimbo is line up it should be similar to Tuesday Mcwilliams for and importantly two up top. We must be posative and go there to win from the off.

Anything less than 3 points today and we should be getting rid to give someone else the best chance of getting the 4 wins we need from the 7 games left.

It's all about results n
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2018, 07:32:57 am »

The thing is, we weren't overly defensive on Tuesday, were we? We have been previously, there's no doubt about that, but for now we can't moan and shout at Hasselbaink about what he should be doing and how he should be setting the team out and then still call for him to be sacked when he has basically done what everyone says he should be doing!

I'm not saying he's pressed a magic reset button and we should forget all the doubts there have been about him, but he tried something different and it worked, which means he's earned a little more leeway with me. Let's hope it's not too little too late.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest47

« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2018, 07:33:42 am »

Tell gillingham fans that alton, changing their has had quite some impact. Honestly people spot some rubbish on here.

Ask the Northampton fans if the three different managers made any difference.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2018, 07:43:10 am »

The thing is, we weren't overly defensive on Tuesday, were we? We have been previously, there's no doubt about that, but for now we can't moan and shout at Hasselbaink about what he should be doing and how he should be setting the team out and then still call for him to be sacked when he has basically done what everyone says he should be doing!

I'm not saying he's pressed a magic reset button and we should forget all the doubts there have been about him, but he tried something different and it worked, which means he's earned a little more leeway with me. Let's hope it's not too little too late.

That's one game in isolation isn't.  He needs to be setting us up and playing that way till the end of the season consistently
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2018, 07:45:45 am »

Again not entirely true as in all 3 cases if I remember correctly there was an element of new manager bounce and results picked up after each being appointed if only short term it had an impact.

That maybe just what we need if we fail to get 3 points today
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2018, 07:49:24 am »

Don't get me wrong tho we win today Jimmy will have earnt the right to see it through to the summer. Today is massive for tge club and jimmy
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2018, 08:00:44 am »

Good luck to JFH today. If he wins today he deserves our support, but lose against an improving Fleetwood team who changed their manager, then it's time for a change ourselves. Think Fleetwood have only given JS till the end of the season. Maybe we should do that if a change is needed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2018, 08:04:37 am »

Again not entirely true as in all 3 cases if I remember correctly there was an element of new manager bounce and results picked up after each being appointed if only short term it had an impact.

That maybe just what we need if we fail to get 3 points today

I’m sorry to keep disagreeing with you but the new manager bounce has been shown not to exist. Managers generally get sacked straight after a short run of particularly poor results. This then reverts back to normal form whether you sack the manager or stick to the existing one.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2018, 08:33:42 am »

I’m sorry to keep disagreeing with you but the new manager bounce has been shown not to exist. Managers generally get sacked straight after a short run of particularly poor results. This then reverts back to normal form whether you sack the manager or stick to the existing one.

Respect what your saying but would love to see stats on that. I can't think of many managers sacked shortly after being appointed. Fenwick in our recent history. De Boer at palace can't think if too many others.

The bounce thing it may not be true but page certainly had s decent start as he kept the unbeaten run going for so long. Jed did because he kept us up even jimmys first few results were good.there does often seem to be a response from players to a new manager going in.
Report Spam   Logged
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2018, 09:01:20 am »

On that basis it doesn’t matter who is in charge. They could give you or I the job and it wouldn’t make any difference?

I agree that the best way to be successful is to stick with a manager and ride out the poor runs, accepting they are part of the process. Thing is it has to be the right manager.

Jimmy isn’t even on a terrible run. He’s only lost 3 of the 12 games played since New Years Day. The clamour comes because the selections are so bizarre, the performances so drab and obviously the league position so worrying.

The really frustrating thing has been that the changes that need to be made seem so obvious.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2018, 09:07:23 am »

The problem is that there's too much  Hassel and not enough bank.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2018, 09:25:06 am »

Back of the net Glasto!!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2018, 10:23:29 am »

Respect what your saying but would love to see stats on that. I can't think of many managers sacked shortly after being appointed. Fenwick in our recent history. De Boer at palace can't think if too many others.

The bounce thing it may not be true but page certainly had s decent start as he kept the unbeaten run going for so long. Jed did because he kept us up even jimmys first few results were good.there does often seem to be a response from players to a new manager going in.

Very persistent and accurate comments Glasto; these comments are so informed that you must have loads of coaching badges and/or ex professional basis. So which is it?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2018, 10:23:39 am »

Best tell Swansea City fans that there's point in changing manager  Grin
1-1.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2018, 10:30:49 am »

Very persistent and accurate comments Glasto; these comments are so informed that you must have loads of coaching badges and/or ex professional basis. So which is it?

Hahaha were back to the coaching badges again are we nevers??

Seems you default back to the same old retoric when you can't back your argument up with anything substantial
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2018, 10:49:53 am »

I meant that a manager usually gets the sack straight after a short run of particularly poor results not matter how long he's been in the job. It's generally when there is already discontent with fans calling for his head and two or three losses on the bounce forces the club's hand. This bad run almost certainly comes to an end whether there's a change of manager or not but any new manager would get the credit.

Try this article
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2018, 10:54:21 am »

Hahaha were back to the coaching badges again are we nevers??

Seems you default back to the same old retoric when you can't back your argument up with anything substantial

Well you have been asked several times and you always avoid to disclose. Please accept this is a genuine query and is based on your informed and correct analysis of JFH and team. Just want to be assured I am following a trusted source of info?
 ps See you at Fleetwood today?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 10:57:57 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2018, 11:01:46 am »

I meant that a manager usually gets the sack straight after a short run of particularly poor results not matter how long he's been in the job. It's generally when there is already discontent with fans calling for his head and two or three losses on the bounce forces the club's hand. This bad run almost certainly comes to an end whether there's a change of manager or not but any new manager would get the credit.

Try this article

Not sure if he would read any DT article?
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2018, 11:14:15 am »

On that basis it doesn’t matter who is in charge. They could give you or I the job and it wouldn’t make any difference?

I agree that the best way to be successful is to stick with a manager and ride out the poor runs, accepting they are part of the process. Thing is it has to be the right manager.

Jimmy isn’t even on a terrible run. He’s only lost 3 of the 12 games played since New Years Day. The clamour comes because the selections are so bizarre, the performances so drab and obviously the league position so worrying.

The really frustrating thing has been that the changes that need to be made seem so obvious.

He needs to decide on his best eleven and then set us up accordingly, cut out all the unnecessary tinkering and stick to a system wherein we can create chances. If he'd done this when he first arrived we'd likely be out the s*** before now. We have the players to be nowhere near the drop zone.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2018, 12:16:05 pm »

Evers, it's precisely these kind of sniping comments that do you no favours!
It has been stated by numerous posters that you do not need coaching badges to form an opinion. Likewise, having the necessary badges doesn't automatically qualify you as a master tactician...just look at erm, JFH!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: