The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 06:24:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 50037 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #860 on: April 01, 2018, 00:52:28 am »

Can't really argue with that.

You obviously don't know him then....  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
razorntfc

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: April 01, 2018, 05:43:58 am »

Well done and that's impressive, I'm sure the Rymans league is a pretty good standard but you do appreciate you are using these qualifications and experience as a means to win an argument against Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?

You asked me to back up my argument and my qualifications to which I've done, it doesn't take a genius to work out where JFH has and is going wrong, pop along to the Racecourse and I reckon anyone of those managers scrambling to get 11 sober players, get enough kit and even a ball could do a better job then the clown we have in charge ATM.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3103

« Reply #862 on: April 01, 2018, 06:18:00 am »

You do realize you have wandered off thread topic.  Feel free to post on here don't worry about being sniped.

You're utterly deluded. I don't post because I'm worried about being sniped but because YOU ruin every thread you come into contact with because of your continual petty and pathetic sniping of everyone, and It's impossible to ignore because you're everywhere.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #863 on: April 01, 2018, 06:53:28 am »

Try not to let  Everbrite bother you, he is this boards version of Donald Trump  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #864 on: April 01, 2018, 07:04:35 am »

You're utterly deluded. I don't post because I'm worried about being sniped but because YOU ruin every thread you come into contact with because of your continual petty and pathetic sniping of everyone, and It's impossible to ignore because you're everywhere.

I so agree with this, whenever a different opinion is offered or a discussion or argument is being lost then tge personal snipes start.

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #865 on: April 01, 2018, 07:10:53 am »

You asked me to back up my argument and my qualifications to which I've done, it doesn't take a genius to work out where JFH has and is going wrong, pop along to the Racecourse and I reckon anyone of those managers scrambling to get 11 sober players, get enough kit and even a ball could do a better job then the clown we have in charge ATM.

I don’t recall asking for your qualifications, mine are practically zero. I have suggested that given the experience JFH has had he might have an idea about this coaching lark.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #866 on: April 01, 2018, 08:22:24 am »

If you don’t mind will try to stick to the thread subject. Are you going to the game tomorrow and support your
Team?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 01, 2018, 08:27:33 am »

Try not to let  Everbrite bother you, he is this boards version of Donald Trump  Grin

I obviously do Grin
As for comparison with Trump there are surely better claimants on here.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2018, 08:29:24 am »

I so agree with this, whenever a different opinion is offered or a discussion or argument is being lost then tge personal snipes start.

Oh please! Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #869 on: April 01, 2018, 08:38:38 am »

Is it possible to have a separate section where Evers can make weird responses to people and question everyone so the rest of us can actually read this forum without seeing utter nonsense every other post?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #870 on: April 01, 2018, 08:48:17 am »

Im hearing Jimmy cant be sacked as it has been KT that has been picking the team and taking over training sessions!
Not only that several of the recent signings were pushed on Jimmy without consultation and we very nearly landed Ex Austrian international midfielder Friop Laroll from Southampton.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #871 on: April 01, 2018, 08:50:37 am »

Is it possible to have a separate section where Evers can make weird responses to people and question everyone so the rest of us can actually read this forum without seeing utter nonsense every other post?
Couldn’t agree more with this .
He takes everything to a personal level and should be blocked .
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #872 on: April 01, 2018, 08:52:53 am »

Would be lovely, shall I make a thread topic for it?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #873 on: April 01, 2018, 09:04:23 am »

I think we'd all appreciate this.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #874 on: April 01, 2018, 09:35:45 am »

Im hearing Jimmy cant be sacked as it has been KT that has been picking the team and taking over training sessions!
Not only that several of the recent signings were pushed on Jimmy without consultation and we very nearly landed Ex Austrian international midfielder Friop Laroll from Southampton.  Huh?

Oh dear Roll Eyes you sure it wasn't lirpa loof
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #875 on: April 01, 2018, 10:08:18 am »

I don't beleive this rumour. If its real were asking for  the wrong head!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #876 on: April 01, 2018, 10:48:20 am »

Plenty of options here to read up on if it floats your boat? It’s not a mystery, you just pick your best guess. It’s all subjective to a degree. So has Jimmy got it right? https://thetacticalanalyst.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/a-deeper-look-into-defensive-corner-situations/
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #877 on: April 01, 2018, 11:07:41 am »

Plenty of options here to read up on if it floats your boat? It’s not a mystery, you just pick your best guess. It’s all subjective to a degree. So has Jimmy got it right? https://thetacticalanalyst.wordpress.com/2016/05/24/a-deeper-look-into-defensive-corner-situations/

That is a really good piece of analysis by the writer.  I love it.

In my playing days, although I was a good "jumper", I was often one of the shortest men on the pitch.  Whilst defending corners, my job was usually to mark the tallest centre-back who came up for the set-piece.  My tactic was to spend 99% of the time standing in front of and facing the player I was marking (tracking their attempts to get around me), and only turning away to jump at the last possible moment when the ball arrived in the box.  It was amazing how many players that I used to mark get really pissed off by being marked by a midget, and give me a shove so that they didn't have to look at me (or hear my verbals)......  Grin  As a result, a high proportion of corners were broken down by us winning a free kick.   

Not that that would work in the modern game, of course.....
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #878 on: April 01, 2018, 11:18:13 am »

That is a really good piece of analysis by the writer.  I love it.

In my playing days, although I was a good "jumper", I was often one of the shortest men on the pitch.  Whilst defending corners, my job was usually to mark the tallest centre-back who came up for the set-piece.  My tactic was to spend 99% of the time standing in front of and facing the player I was marking (tracking their attempts to get around me), and only turning away to jump at the last possible moment when the ball arrived in the box.  It was amazing how many players that I used to mark get really pissed off by being marked by a midget, and give me a shove so that they didn't have to look at me (or hear my verbals)......  Grin  As a result, a high proportion of corners were broken down by us winning a free kick.   

Not that that would work in the modern game, of course.....
So Overs, has Jimmy got it right?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #879 on: April 01, 2018, 11:32:43 am »

So Overs, has Jimmy got it right?

Errrrr.....  I think the answer is "no".

The primary purpose of defending a corner is to prevent a goal.  As we have conceded a few from corners this season (am I right in that making that assumption, or, is my mind playing tricks on me?), we are obviously doing something wrong.

What we are doing wrong, in my opinion, is conceding too many corners.  The teams that don't concede from corners generally don't give corners away in the first place.  And the way to not give so many corners away is defend higher up the pitch.

When you look at our game stats this season, we seem to give away around 2 to 3 times more corners than every team we have played (sometimes, much worse than that).  That is a damning fact.

So, simply, we have to stop putting ourselves in positions where we are conceding the damn things (ie, we should hold our defensive line on the halfway line, not the edge of our own box), then the argument goes away.

If you defend on the edge of your own box, as soon as the defender is turned, the tackle is more likely to result in a corner.

But, then I am now a footballing dinosaur.....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: