The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 18:43:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 49987 times)
guest3181

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1020 on: April 02, 2018, 18:59:55 pm »

The yeovil stuff was prior to us

Would you like to phone a friend (or check Google) before committing to your answer?   Evil
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1021 on: April 02, 2018, 19:00:20 pm »

Locker room for you then

Pervert.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #1022 on: April 02, 2018, 19:08:01 pm »

Yes it could be, although I doubt it - but instead of being reasonable, mature, fair and always wanting to argue with the popular view perhaps just acknowledge in this case looking at JFH’s record and ability to produce anything resembling entertainment it’s obvious next season is going to be as uninspiring as this.

I don't deliberately disagree with the popular view, my only argument regarding managers is that none of the recent ones have been given proper time to form their own team and I reckon it's purely the act of constantly changing managers that's the cause of our steady decline rather than the individuals involved. They are all perfectly capable professionals and I just wish the club would chose one man and stick with him throughout the agreed contract. The current way of thinking has given us a ridiculously large squad of mediocre players with accompanying wages as each manager feels obliged to bring in a fresh set as a quick fix. It's a ridiculous waste of money which is fine if you are a Russian or Qatari billionaire but not otherwise.
I've been called all sorts of insults each time I've protested about it but I can't help feeling I'm being proved right every time.
Report Spam   Logged
Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 02, 2018, 19:09:23 pm »

Would you like to phone a friend (or check Google) before committing to your answer?   Evil
To be fair both his spells with Yeovil were ok.He didn't do to bad at Bristol city either.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #1024 on: April 02, 2018, 19:10:44 pm »

Partially😉

Got to be honest I thought both were before us😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Spinney cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 02, 2018, 19:11:42 pm »

I don't deliberately disagree with the popular view, my only argument regarding managers is that none of the recent ones have been given proper time to form their own team and I reckon it's purely the act of constantly changing managers that's the cause of our steady decline rather than the individuals involved. They are all perfectly capable professionals and I just wish the club would chose one man and stick with him throughout the agreed contract. The current way of thinking has given us a ridiculously large squad of mediocre players with accompanying wages as each manager feels obliged to bring in a fresh set as a quick fix. It's a ridiculous waste of money which is fine if you are a Russian or Qatari billionaire but not otherwise.
I've been called all sorts of insults each time I've protested about it but I can't help feeling I'm being proved right every time.
I agree with what your saying unfortunately JFH is not the right one to stick with.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #1026 on: April 02, 2018, 19:14:41 pm »

No intention to insult you and to be frank I agree with your view - however in the case of JFH I believe he is so short of what is required then the more simplistic decision is both correct and necessary.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1027 on: April 02, 2018, 19:19:33 pm »

Agreed with the above....unfortunately the nature of lower league football is if you have a manager who is crap they get sacked, and if you have one who is good they get poached.

And that’s been us for years hasn’t it? Nobody in the middle of the range, nobody making slow and steady progress, always boom or bust.

We need Mr average.....and then we need the fans to buy into the project for the long term.

We don’t need failed has been a, either running the team or playing for the team....and we don’t need owners who’s prime motivator is making money out of land...some of which they may put into the club.

Forget boom, accept average, and get back to basics!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3181

« Reply #1028 on: April 02, 2018, 19:21:17 pm »

Partially😉

Got to be honest I thought both were before us😂😂

No worries.  After a brief flirt with the Championship (having signed Chris Dunn & Liam Davis - who he had previously both dropped at the Cobblers), he then took Yeovil back to where they were when he signed for the second time.  Ie, bottom of Division One.  What goes round comes around, eh?

(Strangely, he then signed Liam Davis whilst he was in charge at Cheltenham ..... )
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1029 on: April 02, 2018, 19:23:39 pm »

Forget boom, accept average, and get back to basics!!

I'm not worried about boom.  But, I do like a good bust.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #1030 on: April 02, 2018, 19:26:03 pm »

When Wilder had his sticky spell with us in his second season, he was allowed to bring in Moloney, Taylor and Holmes, results improved and the rest as they say is history.

Jimmy gets a transfer window to change the team that were already doing crap under him before January, and nothing has changed at all. Why should he be allowed to stay and have another transfer window to try and get it right? If we go down we would be the favourites to win it or go up automatically, so it would even more pressure on him to get results.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #1031 on: April 02, 2018, 19:27:31 pm »

No intention to insult you and to be frank I agree with your view - however in the case of JFH I believe he is so short of what is required then the more simplistic decision is both correct and necessary.

Ok, but that's how people thought each time the manager was deemed to be failing. You've only got to check back to the previous threads and the insults to each manager on here were very similar, if not worse. Think about it, this isn't JFH's first job as manager and he was one on the best players of his generation. It's not working for him right now but no matter what people think he's not suddenly turned into a complete imbecile. I think most people deep down know this but are so desperate for the club not to be relegated they will grab at any straw and there is a belief that a new manager will miraculously turn things around and we will immediately produce promotion form to save the day. I think a knee jerk reaction now will waste even more of the clubs limited resources with no likelihood of changing anything.
Sorry.

Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: April 02, 2018, 19:30:27 pm »

I'm not worried about boom.  But, I do like a good bust.

I recommend Marino Marini's bust of Igor Stravinsky. Looks familiar. 
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1033 on: April 02, 2018, 19:30:40 pm »

Reports that he's gone.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1034 on: April 02, 2018, 19:32:34 pm »

Yep, Jimmy is out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #1035 on: April 02, 2018, 19:33:32 pm »

There you go.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1036 on: April 02, 2018, 19:34:42 pm »

I recommend Marino Marini's bust of Igor Stravinsky. Looks familiar. 

I was thinking more:

http://groovyhistory.com/the-juicy-story-behind-the-infamous-sophia-loren-jayne-mansfield-photo
Report Spam   Logged
Woolly22

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #1037 on: April 02, 2018, 19:35:45 pm »

https://twitter.com/ntfc/status/980891413759057921
JFH out officially
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW