The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:27:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

JIMMY OUT!

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JIMMY OUT!  (Read 49308 times)
guest3181

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1100 on: April 02, 2018, 21:44:23 pm »

Yes.

Get real!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1101 on: April 02, 2018, 21:44:51 pm »

I don’t believe Jimmy was the right man to take the club forward but I do have some slight sympathy for him. The squad he inherited at the beginning of the season was disgracefully imbalanced and I think he did fairly well to keep us fighting up until January with what Edinburgh had left behind. However. after making so many signings in January it is almost impossible to defend him when you look at our recent form. Not sure on the timing though, to me it should have either been done 4/5 games ago or at the end of the season. I don’t really see what Austin is expected to do with such little time left but I’m happy to be proved wrong. On the flip side, I suppose the board may look at it and think well we’re going down anyway so let’s throw the dice.
Jimmy’s signings are without doubt worst than JEDs
Facey and Ariyibi have done ok but I’m not sure any of the others have improved us to date , including VV
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1102 on: April 02, 2018, 21:46:33 pm »

Get real!

Never!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1103 on: April 02, 2018, 21:49:09 pm »

Never!

OK, so, which Madrid team do you support?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1104 on: April 02, 2018, 21:52:00 pm »

Can you say with certainty what is real in your relative reality?  I have always wanted to ask a realist this question.

Sorry for butting in to your polite conversation with Tony  Smiley

The only thing certain in life is death!! Realism!!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: April 02, 2018, 21:52:16 pm »

OK, so, which Madrid team do you support?

The netball team. They play at the La Chopera Sports Centre.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: April 02, 2018, 21:53:56 pm »

The only thing certain in life is death!!

What about Mr Jingles in the Green Mile?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1107 on: April 02, 2018, 21:54:30 pm »

The netball team. They play at the La Chopera Sports Centre.

Aha.....  what about if you lived in Tharagotha?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1108 on: April 02, 2018, 22:03:29 pm »

Facey and Ariyibi have done ok but I’m not sure any of the others have improved us to date , including VV

I am not sure that is true. If you have a settled squad, and play people in their correct positions, with a clear mandate about what their role is, and dont fcuk about changing positions throughout the game, then you may get a more balanced team, and a better reaction from the players. For what its worth, I think that this is a decent squad, if they are routinely played in what position they are used to. Round pegs, and square holes, and all that.
Unfortunately, they havent been.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1109 on: April 02, 2018, 22:06:26 pm »

Aha.....  what about if you lived in Tharagotha?

I don't. Nearer to Golgotha actually.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1110 on: April 02, 2018, 22:11:23 pm »

I don't. Nearer to Golgotha actually.

You have a bit of the cross?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1111 on: April 02, 2018, 22:11:42 pm »

I am not sure that is true. If you have a settled squad, and play people in their correct positions, with a clear mandate about what their role is, and dont fcuk about changing positions throughout the game, then you may get a more balanced team, and a better reaction from the players. For what its worth, I think that this is a decent squad, if they are routinely played in what position they are used to. Round pegs, and square holes, and all that.
Unfortunately, they havent been.

Hard to have a settled squad when you've used 37 different players!!!

Only Ash Taylor is "ever present" this season....41 league games, then comes Grimes with 39, Long with 34 and Moloney with 33.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1112 on: April 02, 2018, 22:19:37 pm »

Hard to have a settled squad when you've used 37 different players!!!

Only Ash Taylor is "ever present" this season....41 league games, then comes Grimes with 39, Long with 34 and Moloney with 33.
I’d hazard a guess none of the four will be in our first league two line up
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1113 on: April 02, 2018, 22:25:16 pm »

You have a bit of the cross?

No matter if fools say we can't win, I know I'll fall in love again.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #1114 on: April 02, 2018, 22:27:45 pm »

No matter if fools say we can't win, I know I'll fall in love again.

You to me are everything.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblergaz59

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 02, 2018, 22:49:58 pm »

I thought Melville was head of recruitment...He has been the one constant through this whole debacle and still has a job!!
Report Spam   Logged

"The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2017"
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: April 03, 2018, 06:24:13 am »

With JFH and 5USport gone within the space of a few days we may look back on these sackings as something of a turning point although I very much doubt that there is enough time for a football miracle to be worked. 

The firing of JFH was long overdue.  I was one of the few questioning his appointment in the first place based on his limited managerial career and particularly his time at QPR.  That he inherited an unbalanced squad from JED cannot be doubted. JED managed to wreak havoc with his signings, more so than Page I think, but JFH showed no ability to put a side on the pitch that had any shape or consistency.  For me the tipping point was the disgraceful performance at Oldham in early December. All the signs that JFH did not have a handle on the situation were on show that dismal afternoon.  He should have gone then. Our owners have dithered and failed us.  To allow JFH what appears to have been a free hand in the January transfer window was madness. The signings, apart from O'Donnell and Facey, have been been disastrous and as a result of all of these things relegation stares us in the face.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 03, 2018, 07:32:55 am »

We need a manager who can get us back to basics We need a good defense first and then take it from there. IF YOU DON'T CONCEDE YOU CAN'T LOSE!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #1118 on: April 03, 2018, 07:45:21 am »

We need a manager who can get us back to basics We need a good defense first and then take it from there. IF YOU DON'T CONCEDE YOU CAN'T LOSE!!
It is too late for that priority. We need the higher risk of gambling on scoring more goals than the opposition. 3-2 aim rather than 1-0!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1119 on: April 03, 2018, 07:59:49 am »

Whilst everyone seems to be celebrating the supposed loss of 5usports(which is obviously as clear as mud) the one thing that would worry me is that at the time KT and co pointed out that they needed the extra investment to make us competitive at league one level.
If you look back there was lots of flannel about now being able to compete and taking us to the next level(I’d incorrectly assumed an upwards one)
I’d now imagine it wouldn’t be folly to suggest whatever has been said the facts are that KT and co have insufficient funds to run the club successfully and make us a competitive football team.
The only way we can compete is by securing inward investment or a total buyout of the club by more affluent owners who have the financial clout.

If you admit you need extra outside income to be competitive it surely follows that you will be uncompetitive and will struggle without it.

Fair play to KT and co they’ve had a punt but are just another in a long list of owners who’ve come up short.
If they are hanging around now it doesn’t take a genius to realise that they are only after land as property developers rather than building the clubs infrastructure and on field profile.

Fans are less likely to moan if the club is championship bound as progress has been made but actually being in a worse position on the pitch than when you took over with a ramshackle ground to boot will not sit well with fans if the council give the owners land deals etc.

As a club we would be back in the basement division with another set of owners who have benefitted from the club financially whilst the club deteriates or at best stagnates.

Sorry for the scepticism but as fans we’ve seen it all before and it’s one big merry go round.
What we need is an owner who wants the football club to succeed first and foremost but the impression I get is that we have a constant line of investors hoping to make a profit on the back of the club with the football a sideshow.

I’d actually prefer to knock sixfields down and groundshare elsewhere for a while
At least it wood smoke out owners who are only basically property developers
No sixfields
No property developers.

Try and find an owner who wants the club to thrive and can have the millions required to relocate and build a new stadium .
I truly believe there is no future for the club at sixfields as the ground attracts the wrong sort of owners/speculators

If nobody wants the club as a going concern without sixfields so be it
Kaput
The end
We tried we failed
Sixfields and everything regards it has been the demise of our club rather than its salvation
Who can blame DC,KT etc for trying to turn a profit?
It’s not their fault so to speak it’s the fact we have a ground that people see as a cash cow.
It’s just ridiculous and while it remains so attractive to those thinking it’s a pot of gold the club will only continue to go backwards

I truly believe the club would be in a better position today if it was back at the county ground.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: