The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:20:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Shrewsbury line up?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrewsbury line up?  (Read 13032 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« on: March 18, 2018, 06:03:33 am »

As JFH is so stubborn and will NOT look in a mirror for the problem with the team then I feel we should pick the team for Tuesday, with reasons!!!

O'Donnell

Facey- Man of the match performances before his injury and is a class above a steady Moloney (who I believe is affected by a knee injury)

Taylor

Turnbull

Buchanan - a defensive left back who would do a job for the next 9 games and add character to the team

McWilliams (or Foley) - to play as an anchor midfielder to shield the back four, as this is their best combative position

Ariyibi - has the ability to beat a full back and create chances (remember that phrase 'create chances'!)

O'Toole - linking the defence and supporting the strikers, his best position

Grimes - undoubted ability BUT not as a defensive midfielder, let him create!

Long - Hasn't had the help or chances created to see his best

Van Veen - played ALONGSIDE Long to give the team a chance of scoring more than one (or nil) goal!

Stubborn JFH's formation invites teams onto us, even at home!!
30% possesion and 55 minutes before our first shot on target is unacceptable.
Austin and Pemberton should grow some balls and stand up to Jimmy and get him to change formation AND INTENT!!!

I WON'T HOLD MY BREATH !! but will still be there Tuesday to cheer my team on!

O'Donnell

Facey            Taylor                 Turnbull              Buchanan

McWilliams (or Foley)

Ariyibi              O'Toole                Grimes

Long            Van Veen

Play footballers in their BEST positions and set up with intent to keep a clean sheet (remember them 1 in 17 games!) and score goals!!!

COME ON YOU COBBLERS!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3114

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 07:56:21 am »

If JFH changes formation or personnel (Buchs for Bunney, play McWilliams etc) now it means that what he was previously doing was wrong and he stuffed it up. Rob Pages ego wouldn’t allow him to do it, Justin Edinburghs ego wouldn’t allow him to do it. Please tell me we don’t have yet another megalomaniac on our hands? Keep it the same away from home, but at home 2 up top, Bunney out, Buchs in, McWilliams in, players playing in their natural positions, a high line, and start pressing and playing for the badge. If you can’t play for the badge then do it for professional pride and the poor sods turning up week in week out bank rolling this sh1t.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 08:11:19 am »

He has to take the handbrake off - if we set up and sit back against Shrewsbury like we have against nearly every opponent this season at home it will a question of how many we will lose by. It sounded in his interview as if he is open to the possibility of the 2 kevs up top but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see van veen replacing luckasson as the lone striker which won’t resolve anything as he’d be feeding off scraps. As others have said jjot, foley or McWilliams has to line up beside grimes who will start as default. Facey has to come back in - I really like moloney but facey is the better player. Finally he has to address the left side defensively but I have absolutely no confidence he will.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 08:44:39 am »

I like the team Village Idiot has suggested and it's what I would go with.

I think we are kidding ourselves if we think anything dramatic will change though. Buchanan clearly isn't going to play. He seems obsessed with Grimes as quarter back. It's all a load of nonsense.

See you Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 08:45:06 am »

Back to basics. Two wingers, two up front, everyone in a position that's natural to them.

O'Donnell

Facey / Taylor / Turnbull / Buchanan

Pereira / O'Toole / McWilliams / Ariyibi

Long (Van Veen if Long still injured) / Luckasson

Similarly to most, I like Moloney, but our record with Facey in the team was good and at the moment he's the better choice.

Grimes is our most gifted footballer, but for whatever reason it's not working for him at the moment and his set pieces are not cutting the mustard. I want a central midfield that will get in the opposition's faces. O'Toole and McWilliams I think is our toughest centre-midfield pairing, but they can also play a bit.

Two wingers out wide. Hoskins is not performing in that role, and Powell is too hit and miss.

Two forwards up front. At the moment would prefer a little large combination in Long and Luckassen as Van Veen is still coming back from injury, but we need to play two up front in home games for sure. I also think we need to start considering Hoskins as a viable option as part of a front two, to bring off the bench. He will offer more than Mathis and played as a centre forward in his first season with us.

Once Poole is back, I might be tempted to bring him back in at centre-back and shift Turnbull to left back.

Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 08:51:55 am »

That’s the thing though, as far as I’m aware Poole is available and has been for the last couple of months - for whatever reason jimmy has dropped him completely from the squads.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2018, 08:56:19 am »

That’s the thing though, as far as I’m aware Poole is available and has been for the last couple of months - for whatever reason jimmy has dropped him completely from the squads.
Believe he's on international duty this week, hence my phrasing. He has been available for the last few weeks, and it's absolutely bizarre that he's not in the squad, let alone the starting 11.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3190

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 09:01:20 am »

Village Idiot I like your team selection and formation.

We need to have a go at the opposition. Attack and if we lose to a better team but have had a right go then that’s different.

We were set up for a draw yesterday right from the start.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3190

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 09:07:58 am »

Buchanan and Facey must play.  Simple as that.

Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2018, 09:10:46 am »

These team selections are too sensible for JFH to make. His boss KT should be telling him though or sack him for breach of contract if he doesn't follow a reasonable request laid down by his boss (that's in my work contract). That won't happen of course. He will make changes to the team but will still persist with Grimes, probably one up top and at least one of the ineffective Powell and Hoskins as well as Bunney of course.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2018, 09:13:57 am »

Buchanan and Facey must play.  Simple as that.

Can't see Jimmy just bringing back Buchs from the cold.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2018, 09:24:20 am »

Is JFH going to be here on Tuesday?
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2018, 09:30:39 am »

For the players sake, JFH must take Bunney out of the firing line if we are playing a back 4. Talk in the pub last night was that if something worked OK, like our defensive line up at Blackburn, Jimmy changes it the next game. If something is clearly not working, like  Bunney at left back, he sticks with it  Huh? Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 09:47:25 am »

Like I’ve said before if he does change it he’ll bring Barnett back in and put Turnbull at left back - hardly inspiring as Barnett is a pretty ordinary central defender.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 09:48:48 am »

I'd much rather that option than brining Buchanan back into the 11. Though the obvious choice is Poole for all games that he is available for selection.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
guest2487

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 10:15:03 am »

Is JFH going to be here on Tuesday?

I'm wondering that myself.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 10:21:10 am »

For once nearly all supporters are singing from the same hymn sheet............................only one problem, JFH thinks we are a stonger team with Hoskins, Bunney, Powell and one up front in the team!

Has he taken in the last 4 home matches?
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 11:22:46 am »

Back to basics. Two wingers, two up front, everyone in a position that's natural to them.

O'Donnell

Facey / Taylor / Turnbull / Buchanan

Pereira / O'Toole / McWilliams / Ariyibi

Long (Van Veen if Long still injured) / Luckasson

This , maybe long and VV

Similarly to most, I like Moloney, but our record with Facey in the team was good and at the moment he's the better choice.

Grimes is our most gifted footballer, but for whatever reason it's not working for him at the moment and his set pieces are not cutting the mustard. I want a central midfield that will get in the opposition's faces. O'Toole and McWilliams I think is our toughest centre-midfield pairing, but they can also play a bit.

Two wingers out wide. Hoskins is not performing in that role, and Powell is too hit and miss.

Two forwards up front. At the moment would prefer a little large combination in Long and Luckassen as Van Veen is still coming back from injury, but we need to play two up front in home games for sure. I also think we need to start considering Hoskins as a viable option as part of a front two, to bring off the bench. He will offer more than Mathis and played as a centre forward in his first season with us.

Once Poole is back, I might be tempted to bring him back in at centre-back and shift Turnbull to left back.

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 11:26:33 am »

O'Donnell

Facey Ash Barnett (think Poole is away) Turnbull

Berto McWilliams JJOT Ariyibi

Lucky
                   Van Veen

Don't think there is any chance of this happening, unless Jimmy tries it and we get thumped and he can say he told us all so.

Would happily play Berto in behind a striker just to get him further up the field, he showed some neat touches and broke quickly at times from deep yesterday but was too far back from our one man up top to make a difference. I don't think Buchs is the answer at LB, but Bunney needs to be out of the firing line.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 11:30:04 am »

4-4-2 keep it solid and grid out a draw.

player wise i would again go back to basics and play the players in there 'Natural' positions.

he is killing himself with the poor tactics and team selection.

but i guaranty none of this will happen.  
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: