The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:59:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Shrewsbury line up?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrewsbury line up?  (Read 13022 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2018, 23:26:36 pm »

Those that are saying a point is not good enough, why?

The last few seasons 50 points would have been enough, who knows how much will be required this time.

We need 4 wins or the equivalent of that with draws thrown in. We still haves 8 games left for those who may have forgotten.

If your target was 50 points before tonight, then we needed 11 from 9 games....now we need 10 from 8....simple maths tells you the equation just got that little bit harder!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2018, 23:27:27 pm »

Excellent game today. Thoroughly expected a loss (as I assume most people did), but we really gave the Shrews a good game. They would have gone top tonight if they'd won and have been on a good run of form.

Both wing backs were superb. The only game we've lost where Facey has played, was when he came off injured real early on (correct me if wrong!). He's absolutely class, and a very calming influence on the whole team. I think a lot of people will be praising Bunney today, but another special mention for that last ditch challenge he made in the first half.

Hoping we stick with this formation going into next week. Both Hilda and Ariyibi look very capable playing 'in the hole' behind the two strikers as well.

You need to tell us all you got home safely and not too late!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2018, 23:35:08 pm »

You need to tell us all you got home safely and not too late!

Actually managed to find a lift, was dreading the train and bus combo.

Another note - I wonder if Moloney has ever played right sided centre back before? He looked absolutely solid today and was really up it putting in some great challenges.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2018, 23:41:26 pm »

Yeah but we haven't won in 6, or have 1 win in the last 9 if you prefer....yet you think we could win 6 of the next 8! Of course its possible.....but.....!

One win in nine .... But still eight points.

I like to look at only three defeats in our last twelve with four wins in that period.

Still thinking 50 points will be enough, so three wins and a draw from our last eight games, definitely possible. Unbeaten away from home this calendar so five of those games are away from home is not daunting.

Roll on Fleetwood !
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2018, 23:56:07 pm »

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96941/northampton-away?page=5

Suggestions of racism in the build up to the red card incident from Shrews fans... very much doubt that to be the case mind. I guess it's what people assume when a white and black player clash.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest48

« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2018, 00:14:04 am »

Suggestions of racism in the build up to the red card incident from Shrews fans... very much doubt that to be the case mind. I guess it's what people assume when a white and black player clash.
When you get to my age, you get a bit deaf, I really wish I was a Shrews fan and could hear what is said on the pitch 30 yards away  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2018, 00:16:12 am »

Roll on Fleetwood !

Indeed - one comment regarding McWilliams - to me he looked a bit lightweight; as a replacement for JJOT he is not! Who can be considered as a replacement?  Foley, Poole?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2018, 00:17:10 am »

I think one person suggested it.

2+2 = 5 springs to mind
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2018, 00:40:07 am »

Why would you racially abuse and throw the first punch?..
From what I saw, JJ and their number six were also at it first half.
If I were Crooks at Bristol I'd be pissed. If I were JJ tonight I'd be less so.
Jimmy's probably a lot more than pissed at losing both for Fleetwood mind.
Time to step up Shaun.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #309 on: March 21, 2018, 07:45:11 am »

If I were Crooks at Bristol I'd be pissed. If I were JJ tonight I'd be less so.
Jimmy's probably a lot more than pissed at losing both for Fleetwood mind.

All drunk?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #310 on: March 21, 2018, 08:28:36 am »

Moloney and Taylor were excellent as part of a central three in this game and I wonder if we will continue with this formation away from home .
All the subs made a real difference as well . Ariyibi was a real threat and Lucky is much more effective than Mathis who in my opinion is nowhere near ready ( he needs to stop whingeing whenever he gets touched and I notice not one player went over to him when he was supposedly writhing in pain in the floor ).
Grimes was also putting himself about quite a bit ( although deaf ball delivery was once again shocking ).
Reason for encouragement in this game but it’s wins we need now not draws .
I can’t see us winning four from eight and think we will comfortably go down .
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2018, 08:42:52 am »

All drunk?

Grin

F*cking yanks. 
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #312 on: March 21, 2018, 08:51:13 am »

I can’t see us winning four from eight and think we will comfortably go down .

sadly i think this will be the case as well - JFH seems content on draws, when they simply wont be enough now.

4 wins and 4 hammerings would be so much better then 8 draws.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2018, 08:53:01 am »

Still no video on the red card?

Plenty of pics of JJ holding their player, with the suggestion that he threw a punch first:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwilovOFhf3ZAhVIcRQKHZXODXAQjRx6BAgAEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Farticle-5524929%2FJohn-Joe-OToole-Abu-Ogogo-sent-fighting-Sixfields.html&psig=AOvVaw2AxQEEuc94E1WkvI_OCx4O&ust=1521708766979034
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:54:32 am by The Rauldinho » Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #314 on: March 21, 2018, 09:10:09 am »

From the pictures . It looks like JJOT lost on points after a proper gypsy bare knuckle brawl.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #315 on: March 21, 2018, 09:14:40 am »

Video up on sky now but misses the start. Looks like Ogogo is throwing punches by the time they're on the floor and JJ definitely has a cheeky kick at him as they're finally separated

http://www.skysports.com/football/northampton-vs-shrewsbury/report/375668
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #316 on: March 21, 2018, 09:20:52 am »

Video up on sky now but misses the start. Looks like Ogogo is throwing punches by the time they're on the floor and JJ definitely has a cheeky kick at him as they're finally separated

http://www.skysports.com/football/northampton-vs-shrewsbury/report/375668
Hilda pulled away by Grimes after raiding his arms as well .
Mathis was poor for their goal - powder puff challenge
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #317 on: March 21, 2018, 09:29:36 am »

very polite way of putting it.

utterly disgraceful from him
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #318 on: March 21, 2018, 09:40:10 am »

At least we didn't totally cave after their equaliser.

disappointing to concede so soon after the sendings off though.

Thought the Talksport guys did ok. Even if they did say "maroon shirt"
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: March 21, 2018, 09:50:22 am »

Hilda pulled away by Grimes after raiding his arms as well .

I noticed Ash rushing over to Berto a couple of times when he looked like he was about to lose it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: