The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 06:49:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Idiots on this Board

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idiots on this Board  (Read 5802 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 15:18:42 pm »

Stupid use of a word which now is seriously over-used by people who can't think of something more appropriate that has an accurate meaning. A snowflake is a totally individual creation with beautiful crystals within that are never replicated. So if you refer to someone as a 'snowflake' they must be beautiful and unique.
...or something that melts at the slightest increase in temperature!
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2018, 15:28:12 pm »

...or something that melts at the slightest increase in temperature!

Thus creating something new and powerful.
Report Spam   Logged
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2018, 16:31:42 pm »

Comparing the relatively simplistic argument of blocking posts on a message board with censorship in North Korea illustrates an individual with somewhat limited knowledge of how fortunate they are to live in a relatively free world and even less knowledge of the world outside that.

As someone who you appear to be able construct an articulate paragraph you have a strange ability to miss the point (whilst paradoxically agreeing with a fair proportion of my points).

Feel free to insult me as clearly you are a clever person who knows me very well but as that spoilt child that talks ludicrous, maniacal bull**** just to clarify who I am

Read the post before you label me ignorant please - I said I understand not making the tackles but it was the lack of tracking back or making space after a run and pass - the behaviours suggest " I'll just do enough " but as you are very wise compared with me perhaps you will post some examples of his playing style and attitude that shows he cares - always happy to learn from someone who knows the game better than me!
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2018, 17:39:21 pm »

As someone who you appear to be able construct an articulate paragraph you have a strange ability to miss the point (whilst paradoxically agreeing with a fair proportion of my points).

Feel free to insult me as clearly you are a clever person who knows me very well but as that spoilt child that talks ludicrous, maniacal bull**** just to clarify who I am

Read the post before you label me ignorant please - I said I understand not making the tackles but it was the lack of tracking back or making space after a run and pass - the behaviours suggest " I'll just do enough " but as you are very wise compared with me perhaps you will post some examples of his playing style and attitude that shows he cares - always happy to learn from someone who knows the game better than me!
I think he cares but only about himself
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2018, 18:37:36 pm »

Those crying/complaining about immature, silly and pointless threads/posters:
What would you do if in their company/vicinity in the pub; walk away or ignore them?
Why not do the same on here?  By answering or entering into conversation/debate you are doing the opposite.
This board caters for all demographic diversities who, by their very nature, have differing views, opinions and humour.
Just because some do not express the views or act in a way that conforms with your own views and actions doesn't mean that it isn't acceptable.
The small print for the use of this board is detailed below: 
Quite.
The fastest way to stop a troll posting is to ignore them. Pretty simple really
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2018, 18:58:03 pm »

IP adresses are easily hidden. Another way is cookies, but these are easily deleted. I suppose the MAC address could be used, but this would assume that the poster is using the same device.

Who the hell are the insecure posters on here that feel the need to hide their IP address?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2018, 19:06:38 pm »

Who the hell are the insecure posters on here that feel the need to hide their IP address?
people who routinely use this type of software to watch live British tv from abroad, er apparently?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2018, 19:07:00 pm »

All posters currently display an IP address that we have access to. 
I believe that someone has said previously that they can be 'disguised'. 
If anyone has, Another Pedj's post above applies.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3114

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2018, 19:21:33 pm »

All posters currently display an IP address that we have access to. 
I believe that someone has said previously that they can be 'disguised'. 
If anyone has, Another Pedj's post above applies.
If it helps DC when you use this type of software it mainly displays a different IP address every time you log on. It will also change an IP address after about 10 minutes. It can also create issues elsewhere. Anyone using this software wouldn’t for example need to buy Ifollow if they lived in another country as they could listen to radio noddy using a UK IP address. The system is then reliant on the individual having the moral fortitude to buy it anyway. To be clear, if I had it, I would neither use it to log on here or to diddle the club.

For those more technically minded it works like the TOR software used for access to the dark web but on the regular web. If you want an introduction to this subject and a better understanding of how it works read this. https://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/

https://www.wired.com/2015/05/silk-road-2/
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2018, 19:26:12 pm »

Thus creating something new and powerful.
A cous cous eating, middle class twat, offended by everything and taking PC further than Steve Jobs could ever have dreamed, nearer the mark!  Wink
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 19:30:17 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2018, 19:43:54 pm »

Anyone using this software wouldn’t for example need to buy Ifollow if they lived in another country as they could listen to radio noddy using a UK IP address.
Radio Noddy match commentary is not available on line. You can get the build up to a match, but it cuts just before kick off.
Unless you know a way around this? Being stuck in South London for a lot of the time, I would be most grateful.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
bwills

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2018, 20:11:16 pm »

Radio Noddy match commentary is not available on line. You can get the build up to a match, but it cuts just before kick off.
Unless you know a way around this? Being stuck in South London for a lot of the time, I would be most grateful.

This isn't strictly true. For some reason I'm able to listen to the match commentary on my fruit based phone but not on my fruit based notepad. Not every game granted , I don't know why it's like this but might be worth a try.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2018, 20:18:49 pm »

Buying ifollow is the correct way. For the morally reprehensible way which I would seriously never condone as a supporter of the club you need to do the research, it’s out there man, it’s out there. You would probably need to pay for it anyway, so might as well go down the ifollow route.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2018, 20:30:14 pm »

This isn't strictly true. For some reason I'm able to listen to the match commentary on my fruit based phone but not on my fruit based notepad. Not every game granted , I don't know why it's like this but might be worth a try.
I dont actually possess a fruit based phone, but it certainly doesnt work on my non fruit based laptop. Something about contractural reasons.
TalkSport2 last Tuesday, was great for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest1269

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2018, 21:06:18 pm »

A cous cous eating, middle class twat, offended by everything and taking PC further than Steve Jobs could ever have dreamed, nearer the mark!  Wink

Couscous- peasant food of North Africa doesn’t really fit with a Middle Class twat - sounds a bit like a Daily Mail stereotype of their hated liberal type.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2018, 21:08:18 pm »

I understand the first part and indeed agree with the second part - but I have no idea how they are connected?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2018, 21:17:33 pm »

Agreed, but unless there is a court order the amount of information you can gain from an IP address is very limited - certainly not traceable down to an individual postal address - additionally with most internet providers the address typically changes.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2018, 21:23:43 pm »

Agreed, but unless there is a court order the amount of information you can gain from an IP address is very limited - certainly not traceable down to an individual postal address - additionally with most internet providers the address typically changes.

Do they?
The IP addresses shown against each poster don't change on here...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2018, 21:28:58 pm »

Place labels on the clothing not on the people.

Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night  

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2018, 22:06:56 pm »

Do they?
The IP addresses shown against each poster don't change on here...

You would expect that if they login at home on same Computer. If I logged in at Northampton Library on one of their public computers the IP address would surely change? What happens when somebody logs in on their mobile say at Peterborough?  Unless of course the system identifies via the signing in and allocates the original IP address.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: