The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:49:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC next manager

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC next manager  (Read 41227 times)
guest2539

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2018, 07:29:33 am »

I want to be entertained next season after defensive Page, Edinburgh and Hasselbank so please not McCarthy........ask Ipswich fans!
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2018, 08:11:42 am »

IF you can't win.... DON'T LOSE. YOU HAVE A POINT BEFORE KICK OFF. DON'T LOSE IT!!

And if you draw every single game of the season, you will be relegated...
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2018, 08:29:24 am »

If he'd be willing to come down to League Two, absolutely, 100% YES.

Fully expect him to walk into another Championship job... or at the very least, a top end League One. No way he'll drop into League Two next season. Quality manager.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:12 am »

I’d have mick McCarthy in a heartbeat.
An experienced manager to steady the ship
Problem is why on earth would he or anyone come to that want to come here??
Under KT the club is a poisoned chalice for managers,club in turmoil on and off the pitch and basically no plans for the future.

Must be tempting eh???
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2018, 09:01:56 am »

I’d have mick McCarthy in a heartbeat.
An experienced manager to steady the ship
Problem is why on earth would he or anyone come to that want to come here??
Under KT the club is a poisoned chalice for managers,club in turmoil on and off the pitch and basically no plans for the future.

Must be tempting eh???

I have to be honest, it certainly has started to feel like this. If there are any long term (or even medium term) plans, KT's certainly keeping them close to his chest.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2018, 09:10:38 am »

Mick McCarthy has been linked with the WBA job, even if he doesn't get that it probably shows where the market for him is. Those that want him can probably strike him from the list.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2018, 09:49:44 am »

Need a manager with vision for the whole club. Not another one with tunnel vision, who sees us merely as a stepping stone. Someone with a greater interaction with academy/ academy staff and youth team. It's really inspiring for a young player to see that a 1st team manager is actually interested. Some clubs have this. No reason we shouldn't.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2018, 10:02:11 am »

I would hope a shortlist has been established with some interviews already having taken place....an update from KT would be nice!

We are fvcked & have been odds on to go down for months/weeks, so no point in "waiting to see which division we will be in" IT WILL BE LEAGUE 2!

Most of the squad are under contract so whoever comes in needs to see the spineless dross he will have to work with so he can try to offload as many as possible.

Hopefully, several players will have relegation release clauses in their contracts, so they can do one

I can honestly see us "doing a Chesterfield" if we don't get the right man in and somehow manage to overhaul pretty much the whole playing squad with players who actually give a sh@t!

Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2018, 17:21:05 pm »

I think David blain or Dynamo would be ideal for these bunch of spineless misfits
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2018, 17:46:15 pm »

I really couldn’t care less who the next manager is .
They all spout rubbish and make things so much more complicated than they need to .
I think I’d like to see someone that had a bit of passion. Someone that has something to prove but has a smile on his face .
We are going to be sh*t and we are going to be playing at sh*t holes , so let’s just have a laugh

Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2018, 17:56:35 pm »

Going on everything that has been said so far I really believe one of the best options we could take right now would be to appoint Ian Sampson. Those who heard his recent radio commentary will have surely been impressed with his ideas for a distinct club playing style and club identity. He has worked with the youth team here before so is likely to give them a go. Worked with a modest budget last time. Impressive CV of scouting for big clubs so has an eye for a player, which was evident from signings last time out (on a far lower budget) - Thornton, McKay, Osman. Most important thing? He's practically a supporter of the club himself, and you know he wouldn't allow a repeat of this season
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2018, 18:26:31 pm »

Current betting according to Oddschecker are -

Uwe Rosler 8/1, Kevin Wilkin 10/1 Steve Cotterill 12/1 with Wilkin being the most popular punt currently.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2018, 18:42:13 pm »

Going on everything that has been said so far I really believe one of the best options we could take right now would be to appoint Ian Sampson. Those who heard his recent radio commentary will have surely been impressed with his ideas for a distinct club playing style and club identity. He has worked with the youth team here before so is likely to give them a go. Worked with a modest budget last time. Impressive CV of scouting for big clubs so has an eye for a player, which was evident from signings last time out (on a far lower budget) - Thornton, McKay, Osman. Most important thing? He's practically a supporter of the club himself, and you know he wouldn't allow a repeat of this season

Agreed.

He was unlucky when Bayo went to the Gills, having promised to sign a new contract.  Then, the injury to his replacement, Purcell, before the season had properly started.

But, he still managed to pull off the Anfield extravaganza!

Amazing that 6 managers have come and gone since, and only 1 of those was an upgrade on Sammo.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2018, 18:58:29 pm »

Good post O'Coole. IMO Sammo was very unlucky to be sacked in the first place, he knows what's needed to get out of/stabilise in Lge2. He knows the history of the club and like you say he's also a fan. Him with Brady as No.2? Like a few others have said, I can see us at the moment doing a Chesterfield, I don't think this would happen under Sammo.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2018, 19:07:45 pm »

Appoint Sampson ?? that would be a backward step. How much success has he had since he left Huh? Would be a ridiculous appointment. Mind you KT hasn't done very well so far in appointments.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #255 on: April 11, 2018, 19:17:39 pm »

Appoint Sampson ?? that would be a backward step. How much success has he had since he left Huh? Would be a ridiculous appointment. Mind you KT hasn't done very well so far in appointments.

I think ridiculous is a bit strong, I'm not saying he is tge answer, but we could and have done far worse
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2018, 19:23:19 pm »

Current betting according to Oddschecker are -

Uwe Rosler 8/1, Kevin Wilkin 10/1 Steve Cotterill 12/1 with Wilkin being the most popular punt currently.

You forgot Graham Alexander at 5/1. I just looked and couldn't see Wilkin on there at all, maybe I didn't look properly.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2018, 19:26:58 pm »

Latest betting.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2018, 20:13:08 pm »

Latest betting.

Patrick kluivert ! 25/1
Hilarious .
Sammo and Brady know each other and that’s not as mad as it seems but I would say Sammo hasn’t done anything since he left us .
I think someone hungry is what we need though. That is also cheap !
Bellamy is in one category and not the other probably
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2018, 20:24:24 pm »

I can honestly see us "doing a Chesterfield" if we don't get the right man in and somehow manage to overhaul pretty much the whole playing squad with players who actually give a sh@t!

We have probably never been more vulnerable to a double drop. Having said that we’ll probably be predicting to be top 3 come August!
Who knows?!
It is certainly more likely that we’ll be in the Conference in the next 3 years as opposed to the Championship.
“Crap” indeed Mr T.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: