The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:40:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC next manager

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC next manager  (Read 41199 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #420 on: May 03, 2018, 12:57:27 pm »

I love how people talk about one year contracts as though the future manager will jump at the chance of such a thing .
There is just as much chance that Dean Austin will get offered a much better and longer deal elsewhere and tell us to do one with a one year contact on the table !!
That’s without mentioning the  backroom staff who I don’t think would take the job anyway for reasons mentioned previously .

Of course DA will try to negotiate a longer deal & I've no idea what if any interest in him comes from elsewhere but given the length of the contract is not really about the length of the contract it's really the termination clause when things go t!ts up (as the usually do) people are simply suggesting one year not to overcommit ourselves on an unproven manager - what the club offers and what he accepts will go on behind closed doors & we will not be privy to the real details   
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #421 on: May 03, 2018, 17:44:30 pm »

Of course DA will try to negotiate a longer deal & I've no idea what if any interest in him comes from elsewhere but given the length of the contract is not really about the length of the contract it's really the termination clause when things go t!ts up (as the usually do) people are simply suggesting one year not to overcommit ourselves on an unproven manager - what the club offers and what he accepts will go on behind closed doors & we will not be privy to the real details   
Maybe , but not many people sign one year contracts in football .
DA would get a job at championship level as a number 2 or 3 for more money and a longer term .
He may want to prove himself but he will also want security.
I think he is the right man and comes across very well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #422 on: May 03, 2018, 17:47:54 pm »

In the calm of midweek I am gaining more confidence in asking Dean Austin to take over for next season.

The main reason is his willingness to play football on the front foot. I am bored of the 'don't loose' mentality of the last 3 managers................I want to be entertained and I was against Plymouth and strangely against Walsall.

Most of the managers who will apply will probably give fans some reservation on them, whilst we know what we will get with DA.

As long as his first two signings are pacey strikers I will be hopeful.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #423 on: May 03, 2018, 21:05:33 pm »

I see Tisdale is now short priced odds on for MK Dons.

With players being released around the country, whoever it will be needs sorting pretty quickly imo. We need to give whoever it us the best chance for sorting and preparing for next year as turnover of players will be massive.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #424 on: May 03, 2018, 21:14:50 pm »

His tactics leave doubt as to whether he is the right man for the job?
Beat Bury away, all but blow Plymouth apart and dominate walsall for 80 minutes and you doubt his tactics because he rolled the dice for ten minutes? Admittedly it went spectactuarly wrong but everybodys been moaning and groaning about negative tactics for the best part of two years.
Have you erased Blackpool from your mind?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #425 on: May 03, 2018, 21:24:53 pm »

I recommend #Frank.  At least the players would get out onto the pitch knowing a thing or two.....
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 03, 2018, 21:29:13 pm »

Austin being appointed might be a sign of how little the club has come on the pitch. He definitely talks a good game actually mentioning that old cliche playing for the badge and claiming rather audaciously he has given the team 'an identity' in his short time in charge. Nice try but it goes deeper than that Dean!

Not against him getting the job as am frankly disillusioned with the woeful performances of the last 3 managers and am almost past caring. Still, troubling that we are back to the bare basics of playing for the shirt etc when MK look like they are to appoint the experienced Paul Tisdale.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #427 on: May 03, 2018, 22:48:40 pm »

I think we would play good attacking football under Austin and a team spirit will once again be paramount .
He will pick leaders and players with heart .
Other managers since Wilder have simply thought we were punching above our weight and set us up accordingly . Half the teams in division 1 are at our level and we have too much respect .
Next season , the pressure is on and we will be expected to perform in a low level of football.
Get characters in and not snow flakes and I think we will be ok .
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 04, 2018, 07:19:00 am »

Tisdale is the sort of manager you need if you want to build from grassroots up. He would be on my wish list but I can't see him leaving Exeter, no matter how much money MK offer to throw at him.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #429 on: May 04, 2018, 07:41:08 am »

Tisdale is the sort of manager you need if you want to build from grassroots up. He would be on my wish list but I can't see him leaving Exeter, no matter how much money MK offer to throw at him.

He’s definitely leaving Exeter at the end of the season - his contract’s up and they’ve already said (months ago in fact) they’re not going to extend it so he will be a free agent.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #430 on: May 04, 2018, 07:49:01 am »

He’s definitely leaving Exeter at the end of the season - his contract’s up and they’ve already said (months ago in fact) they’re not going to extend it so he will be a free agent.

strange that they dont want to extend the contract of a manager who is apparently on everyone elses wishlist.

stood still for years.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #431 on: May 04, 2018, 07:49:27 am »

The question is ....
Do you lump on Austin before or after tomorrow’s game.
Win and I would say he will get the job , lose badly and he won’t be in the running ....
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 04, 2018, 07:50:18 am »

Sometimes assistant managers come good when promoted to the number one position but in the case of DA it makes me wonder why he seemed to have had so little impact when he was assistant to JFH.  The chances are pretty high that DA will get the job but if he does it is very important that he gets the recruitment structure in the club right and has a good scouting network rather than one man and his dog.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #433 on: May 04, 2018, 07:56:08 am »

Sometimes assistant managers come good when promoted to the number one position but in the case of DA it makes me wonder why he seemed to have had so little impact when he was assistant to JFH.  The chances are pretty high that DA will get the job but if he does it is very important that he gets the recruitment structure in the club right and has a good scouting network rather than one man and his dog.
Simply because JFH controlled what went on and was not influenced easily .
That’s putting it politely
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #434 on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:51 am »

I'm sure we'll find Austin has his shortcomings, but I think he's what we need now. As has been said on this thread none of the last 3 managers have managed to get the team playing with pride, passion, tenacity and ambition, all words we might associate with the Wilder era. From what I've seen so far, Austin seems to instill these qualities in the team, as well as talking the fighting talk that's been missing since the Wilder days. We've still got a decent squad even for League 1 on paper, but it's the attitude that's been lacking for the last 2 years. If we can keep most of the current squad, we should be good enough to make a push to come straight back up with Austin in charge.

Not sure of DA tactically yet, nor of his ability to build a squad, but I'm absolutely sure that if he'd been our manager the whole of this season, and without any of the "stars" picked up in January (most of whom haven't played under him anyway), we'd have stayed up comfortably.

Why look any further, if he's willing to take the job?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 04, 2018, 08:04:25 am »

Strange if true Tisdale leaving. Must be his decision. Can't imagine Exeter would want him to go.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 04, 2018, 08:14:13 am »

strange that they dont want to extend the contract of a manager who is apparently on everyone elses wishlist.

stood still for years.

I anticipate Exeter will drop off as a result... so many clubs think they outgrow a manager. I've always been impressed with how Exeter have played under Tisdale, I would happily pay to watch passing football every week regardless of what division. I believe he's quite good at bringing younger players through as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #437 on: May 04, 2018, 08:14:33 am »

Strange if true Tisdale leaving. Must be his decision. Can't imagine Exeter would want him to go.

Yeah his out of contract in the summer and has been stalling on signing a new one (which has been offered) for months - it is inevitable he will be leaving.

Whilst he has done okay on a limited budget - he has never actually got Exeter over the line and promoted during his time there.

Yes he has generated some good money from cash sales - Tom Nichols, Olly Watkins etc and normally gets them in and around the play offs - but I would question what actual success he has had?
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #438 on: May 04, 2018, 08:24:02 am »

I'm at the point now where I don't think it will make a difference who manages us, it will never keep the majority happy unless we are winning the league again at a canter. At the first sign of a mistake or error in judgement everyone will jump on their back and saying we should have employed Manager XYZ instead.

One thing I will say about DA, the football has been a damn sight better to watch than the dross served up by the previous three managers, regardless of what you think about his tactics/substitutions etc.

I would not be unhappy if he was given a go, but agree it may depend on how we perform tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #439 on: May 04, 2018, 08:42:36 am »

Yeah his out of contract in the summer and has been stalling on signing a new one (which has been offered) for months - it is inevitable he will be leaving.

Whilst he has done okay on a limited budget - he has never actually got Exeter over the line and promoted during his time there.

Yes he has generated some good money from cash sales - Tom Nichols, Olly Watkins etc and normally gets them in and around the play offs - but I would question what actual success he has had?

Pretty sure he got them promoted out of the conference and they played in League One soon after.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: