The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 10:15:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC next manager

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC next manager  (Read 41747 times)
guest3181

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #480 on: May 05, 2018, 23:27:45 pm »

Sorry I posted these comments on the wrong thread.

I can now submit my life to fate, knowing that I have achieved more than a mere mortal could ever wish for - ie, a random apology from Everbrite.....

My life is complete.

Smiley Cool Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #481 on: May 06, 2018, 02:58:38 am »

I am sick and tired of the revolving door for players with each new manager, so I believe now is the time for continuity and therefore Dean Austin as our next manager. He can quickly sort the retained list and get on with getting our new strikers in for next season!
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #482 on: May 06, 2018, 06:54:15 am »

I believe Dean Austin has significantly more of a clue than the previous three incumbants and if it was up to me, i'd seriously consider giving him the job. The last five games have been his job interview. It will be interesting to see where we end up; I just hope the Chairman gets it right this time ...
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #483 on: May 06, 2018, 07:11:07 am »

I was on the fence before, and a 2-2 draw has kept me there. We play better football and we attack which is a possible. The Rochdale result yesterday justifies his decision to go for it at Walsall, though the subs were weird. Only issue is that the results were average against teams who were around us at the bottom of the league, albeit better than Jimmys equivalent games.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #484 on: May 06, 2018, 07:12:39 am »

John Sheridan has been harshly treated by Fleetwood - he knows the lower leagues inside out and wouldn’t take any crap from the players.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2018, 07:38:53 am »

....& I don’t think you understand the game - Hoskins is lightweight and in no way a natural goal scorer - however he has pace and prepared to run at player - he occupies the opposition defense which means we are taking the game to them - his work rate is first class but in truth I think he is playing one division above his ability but I’d much rather see him on than van the man or indeed some of the other options you name.

Well that's your opinion, in my opinion hoskins does not have the quality to be anywhere near the starting 11 of a lg1 team. And if we are serious about bouncing back next year should be a squad player next season at very most. I'd have Chris Long in the team over him all day everyday, but again that is just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2018, 07:40:31 am »

I am sick and tired of the revolving door for players with each new manager, so I believe now is the time for continuity and therefore Dean Austin as our next manager. He can quickly sort the retained list and get on with getting our new strikers in for next season!

Certainly need new forwards even if it’s just to stop Hoskins getting a game but if the defence isn’t sorted we’ll be doing a Chesterfield/Tranmere.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2018, 07:40:48 am »

As could any other manager coming in, if they are appointed this week. Whoever gets the job it needs sorting this week so they can get on with things.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2018, 08:25:58 am »

Certainly need new forwards even if it’s just to stop Hoskins getting a game but if the defence isn’t sorted we’ll be doing a Chesterfield/Tranmere.

So do you think that a Taylor, Pierre, Barnett, Buchs, Moloney, Facey, Philips and Bunney defensive squad could conceivably be cause enough to be dragged into a relegation battle next season?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2018, 08:27:50 am »

I do. We need to replace the majority of them.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2018, 08:59:09 am »

We've conceded 8 goals in five games under Austin. Lets remember also that he was part of coaching team which oversaw us finishing on a goal difference of -34.

Like I say, he's clearly a decent man manager and has a refreshingly positive 'front foot' mentality.

Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that he has the tactical nous to organise a defence or that he can make good decisions in the transfer market - the jury is firmly out in these crucial areas.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2018, 09:06:05 am »

I can now submit my life to fate, knowing that I have achieved more than a mere mortal could ever wish for - ie, a random apology from Everbrite.....

My life is complete.

Smiley Cool Kiss

Pack it up Frank
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2677

« Reply #492 on: May 06, 2018, 09:15:53 am »

Still 50:50 for me. Positives are he's galvanised the whole club and the players are definitely playing for him. Has there been more than just a renewed enthusiasm from JFH's reign? Well we are scoring goals so that's a big plus. Are we creating much? Debatable. What's the pattern of play? To run balls into Hoskins to chase after and then if he holds it up, there is no one to pass to... plus bit fed up of these attempted cross field passes that hit the touch line more often than not.  Oh hell knows I'm just undecided, I do like his interviews also.
I'm also undecided.This galvanisation could largely be a coming together post jFH with everyone more than happy that he's finally departed.
Of those who got on yesterday, only Bridge and Rod were bought to the club post Jimmy's arrival (or did Rod also arrive ahead of him). Anything in that?
I like the way Austin speaks but I think there may be better candidates out there.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2018, 09:23:37 am »

So do you think that a Taylor, Pierre, Barnett, Buchs, Moloney, Facey, Philips and Bunney defensive squad could conceivably be cause enough to be dragged into a relegation battle next season?

Of them the only 2 id be gutted to see go (footballing, not sentimental wise) are Taylor and Facey. Think we'd struggle to get anyone better (on paper) than Pierre though and think he'll be with us next season.
Buchs and Maloney are decent back up players but their recent performances have been below par (as much as it pains me to say it as i love Moloney in particular). Phillips looked decent at times but he's been out for so long now, it'll difficult for him. Barnett is plain average but fine as a 4th choice CB I suppose, and Bunney is just a huge liability with only one redeeming quality in his crossing.
3 or 4 needed at least.
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2018, 10:04:28 am »

John Sheridan has been harshly treated by Fleetwood - he knows the lower leagues inside out and wouldn’t take any crap from the players.

I hope not .... You need to ask why he does not stay at any club for a long time 
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 06, 2018, 10:26:38 am »

Well that's your opinion, in my opinion hoskins does not have the quality to be anywhere near the starting 11 of a lg1 team. And if we are serious about bouncing back next year should be a squad player next season at very most. I'd have Chris Long in the team over him all day everyday, but again that is just my opinion.

I think the point about Hoskins is that the way he plays and stetches defences has been an essential part of us being a much more threatening team going forward in the last few games. He is clearly not an out and out gaolscorer like Long, but has been largely responsible for us creating loads more chances. There no point having better strikers on the pitch if we're not creating anything. That was the situation when vV and /or Long were being picked. Personally I think Hoskins could be valuable in L2 in this current role, with a goalscorer alongside him.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 06, 2018, 10:36:41 am »

I think the point about Hoskins is that the way he plays and stetches defences has been an essential part of us being a much more threatening team going forward in the last few games. He is clearly not an out and out gaolscorer like Long, but has been largely responsible for us creating loads more chances. There no point having better strikers on the pitch if we're not creating anything. That was the situation when vV and /or Long were being picked. Personally I think Hoskins could be valuable in L2 in this current role, with a goalscorer alongside him.

I hope you are right MC but I just can’t see it. I thought these last two games he has been pretty ineffective which is a shame after such an excellent performance in that position against Plymouth.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3023

« Reply #497 on: May 06, 2018, 10:49:31 am »

I do. We need to replace the majority of them.

League 2 football next season, the current defenders in the squad are good enough for a top 7 finish team.
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2018, 10:50:37 am »

I think we should stay with DA. I can't see any point in starting all over again. Lets face it a miracle was needed to keep us up and it didn't quite come off. As for people saying about Hoskins (i'm not his biggest fan) we will be in Lge 2 next season and lets be honest at the moment it's his level. IMO he'll do OK in it, we've very little money to spend, IF we can keep the nucleus of the squad we should be play-off candidates. Let's enjoy the summer it's a lovely day and come back refreshed in August.
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 06, 2018, 10:52:19 am »

I think Billy Waters will flourish for us next season.

Cambridge fans very impressed with him while on loan & want him to sign permanently there

DA still gets my vote. Things will be a lot clearer when he speaks with KT next week
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:55:10 am by memyhead » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: