The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:33:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

NTFC next manager

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NTFC next manager  (Read 41294 times)
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #640 on: May 09, 2018, 09:58:09 am »

While is being suggested Deano has the job it seems the chronicle still wants to run a poll!

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/next-cobblers-boss-new-poll-do-you-still-want-the-same-man-or-has-your-mind-changed-1-8491729
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #641 on: May 09, 2018, 10:27:38 am »

Logistics
Is that the guy we signed from Buckingham, who scored 60 odd goals ?    Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #642 on: May 09, 2018, 10:30:46 am »

I'm now in the DA camp. I think he has the motivational qualities required to get the best out of our squad. On paper, the current 22 or so are going to be among the best in the division so we should be more than capable of getting promoted with minimal (3/4) changes to the playing staff, providing any bad eggs are cleared out and we have a good motivator in charge. I feel as if he will also help us to keep hold of some of our best assets.
Bring in a couple of old experienced, professional and disciplined heads to help DA keep players grounded and in check, and the quality of the squad will come good. There's nothing like team spirit to get the best out of players and we're starting to see that again now, feels similar to how it was under Wilder. Bring in a new manager, and they'll have to start again.
My only reservation about DA will be does he have the nouse/experience to handle things when they inevitably go south. For now though, let DA continue the good work and help get us straight back up.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #643 on: May 09, 2018, 10:40:27 am »

You guys above can think what you like but I am telling you the decision was made yesterday and it’s a done deal .
It just hasn’t been announced for other reasons and may not be announced just yet either.
Dean Austin is the Northampton manager .

Hope you're right or you will look a bit of a plonker!
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #644 on: May 09, 2018, 11:18:05 am »

I'm in no camp. There is no point.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #645 on: May 09, 2018, 13:38:07 pm »

I can see us being where Chesterfield are next season.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #646 on: May 09, 2018, 13:42:43 pm »

I can see us being where Chesterfield are next season.

i can't - unless we sign someone who is utter toilet like jak mccourt again
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #647 on: May 09, 2018, 13:52:14 pm »

i can't - unless we sign someone who is utter toilet like jak mccourt again

Half our squad is toilet, hence being where we are.

I can see it too if the issues of this year are not addressed. That's my main concern with deano he hasn't as yet in tge shirt time his been in charge with the players at his disposal address most of the issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #648 on: May 09, 2018, 14:06:52 pm »

We have good players individually, it's the together part that has been missing, hopefully we recruit a manager who can instil the together part for next season.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 09, 2018, 14:45:47 pm »

Half our squad is toilet, hence being where we are.

I can see it too if the issues of this year are not addressed. That's my main concern with deano he hasn't as yet in tge shirt time his been in charge with the players at his disposal address most of the issues.

It depends how you look at things doesn't it. If the players are as bad as you say then it is harsh to judge Austin for not sorting out the deficiencies in 5 games.

With my optimistic hat on I'd say the Blackpool game was the outlier of his reign, with the hang-ups from Jimmy's time in charge still at play. After that I think we definitely looked better defensively. Yes we conceded 2 at Bury but they were very much individual errors, I don't think the previous frailty was there, particularly through the middle. Plymouth and Walsall were two solid performances and Oldham was always going to a different game due to the situation they were in.

More than happy to admit that is a generous, optimistic assessment.

Regarding the players, I'm hoping Deepcut's view on the players is correct. If Austin can pull them together into a cohesive unit, which I believe he has shown signs of, then we could be a totally different proposition.

I know it was an awful season, not enjoyable at all but personally I'm going to enjoy the off season and try and look forward with some optimism, regardless of who is the manager, which players come and go. I've been miserable about football since August, that's long enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #650 on: May 09, 2018, 16:00:55 pm »

Ian Holloway would be interesting...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #651 on: May 09, 2018, 16:08:26 pm »

The Chron clearly are fishing for clicks to sell to advertisers .
It’s a done deal and they probably know that already .
They will be primed for an announcement when DA has sorted a few things out .
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 09, 2018, 16:14:06 pm »

Whoever the management team is needs to make us a solid unit and stop us shipping goals left right and centre. So if it is DA then offering Contracts to the likes of Barnett and Maloney as part of a shambolic defence is very worrying.

Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 09, 2018, 16:17:08 pm »

Plus playing Hoskins.... i have my concerns......  UTC
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #654 on: May 09, 2018, 16:37:13 pm »

If a new manager isn't in place yet then it would be silly to be giving out contracts to players.

I know a lot of manageress clubs give out contracts and sign players, but after a relegation when the club needs a bit of rebuilding we need to give the new manager the option to decide who he wants to keep.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
guest2995

« Reply #655 on: May 09, 2018, 17:18:28 pm »

If a new manager isn't in place yet then it would be silly to be giving out contracts to players.

I know a lot of manageress clubs give out contracts and sign players, but after a relegation when the club needs a bit of rebuilding we need to give the new manager the option to decide who he wants to keep.
The manager is in place which is why the contracts can be issued .
The more surprising thing is why there hasn’t been more released but I assume this is work in progress
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #656 on: May 09, 2018, 17:25:38 pm »

They will be primed for an announcement when DA has sorted a few things out .

trying to find a pen?
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #657 on: May 09, 2018, 17:50:57 pm »

Im trying to figure out how come this is surpossedly sorted yet they cant announce it. If it can be stated here unofficially from within the know, why can't they get on tell us offically and well start sorting the mess.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #658 on: May 09, 2018, 17:56:39 pm »

Im trying to figure out how come this is surpossedly sorted yet they cant announce it. If it can be stated here unofficially from within the know, why can't they get on tell us offically and well start sorting the mess.
You're making a huge assumption that those claiming to be in the know, are indeed in the know.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobblersmad

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #659 on: May 09, 2018, 18:27:28 pm »

8 points from 5 games.Bit of maths here: Over 45 games ( I know it's 46) that's 72 points.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: