The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:06:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

What sort of club do you want?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What sort of club do you want?  (Read 2631 times)
EssTeeFree

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2018, 15:22:02 pm »

Take the club forward? Explain to me how the club has been brought forward?

I can't speak with authority about the latter days of the Trust having an interest in the club. Tony Clarke would be good for that. What I can say is that there is absolutely no reason now, with far improved support and understanding of fan stakes in clubs that we could not operate with a minority fan shareholding. Swansea's Trust history is a simple case of googling I'm not doing that for you.

I'd say we need a few more fans that aren't just happy clappers and a few more willing to properly engage with how the club is run. Empower the Trust and provide an environment for involvement and we can build the fan base in different ways.

I didn't say the club has been brought forward, simply that the last local owners knew they couldn't.

As you are such an advocate of it I thought you would share your thoughts as to why Swansea's model was a success. I'll do some reading on it because it does interest me a great deal was just after your take on it. Do you believe the far improved support would stick around if the club had to take 2 steps back in order to go forward? I'm not so sure to be honest.

Your last paragraph is of course right, no argument from me but my view is that these people don't currently exist. My view that the identity is largely due to what happens on the field may be wrong, I respect that, but I do think the only way we will get the fan base you are after is with a reputation for on field success AND entertainment, at least in the short term.

Overall we probably just need more fans like you and less like me  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2018, 16:03:30 pm »

Great debate you two.

Attacking football has to come from the chairman and fans first.
Almost all managers, chairman and fans are frightened of losing.

It is a medium term project, everyone has to buy into it. The chairman has to appoint the right manager and back room staff and say this is how we are going to play and if u can do that and we still lose we will back you until it works out.  That also means backing the players and allowing them to develop, not changing them every 5 mins

Wycombe are trust owned I believe and could be playing league 1 next year. I don’t agree that Trust base controlled club would do any worse than Kt or DC have done  on the pitch we would save money by not sacking players and managers every 5 mins

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2018, 16:15:59 pm »

About 10 years ago I suggested the idea of the fans raising money to spend on improvements on the ground. ( new stands, new bars etc.) I thought it would be a good idea for the Trust to run the fund-raising, rather than just handing money over to the club. That would help build identity for the fans rather than fan ownership which doesn't work well and doesn't provide any direct benefits for the fans.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest48

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2018, 16:29:04 pm »

About 10 years ago I suggested the idea of the fans raising money to spend on improvements on the ground. ( new stands, new bars etc.) I thought it would be a good idea for the Trust to run the fund-raising, rather than just handing money over to the club. That would help build identity for the fans rather than fan ownership which doesn't work well and doesn't provide any direct benefits for the fans.
I'm all for ideas like this but, at the moment, the Trust just doesn't have enough personal willing to put the time in to make something like this a success
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2018, 16:34:14 pm »

A team of fans litter picking outside the ground occasionally and maybe planting a few low maintenance flowers/bulbs here and there would be a start.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2018, 16:52:01 pm »

I'm all for ideas like this but, at the moment, the Trust just doesn't have enough personal willing to put the time in to make something like this a success

I'd be happy to sit on a Trust infrastructure committee. There are probably a few fans with expertise in this very area that could help out.

There is a Cobblers fan who works in Town planning, handled far bigger projects than the East Stand who approached the club under Cardoza to help out. You can imagine the reception he got  Grin

In all seriousness there is a company called Tifosy set up to help clubs crowd fund stands and the like. Check out the website.

https://www.tifosy.com/en

Here is the crowd funded stand story at Stevenage via mini bonds.

http://www.thecomet.net/sport/football/stevenage-fc-north-terrace-demolition-to-begin-next-week-1-5342615

New academy funded similarly at Norwich

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43555702

Makes the Cardoza debacle even more sad. Could have built a better stand ourselves.

Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2018, 17:13:42 pm »

I'd be happy to sit on a Trust infrastructure committee. There are probably a few fans with expertise in this very area that could help out.

Some good ideas here, something to discuss at the upcoming trust meeting?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2018, 17:24:39 pm »

A team of fans litter picking outside the ground occasionally and maybe planting a few low maintenance flowers/bulbs here and there would be a start.
So when are you organising it or are you leaving it to others?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2018, 17:24:56 pm »

Some good ideas here, something to discuss at the upcoming trust meeting?
Both good ideas which I will personally raise at the meeting.

But, and this is the big but, we will need people to help us do it. That is, and always has been, the stumbling block.

tcobb, feel free to PM me if there are any other things I should know about your proposal. Particularly any ideas you may have as to how we would raise the money for such a fund.
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2018, 17:51:08 pm »

It’s quiet simple really I want a club that have along term plan one that has vision and ambition not one that continually struggles to tread water
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2018, 09:23:52 am »

Very good post by meccanostand. If the trust is open to this they seem to have good dialogue with KT and board.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2018, 07:40:17 am »

Just seen Tom Townsend's tweet on the lack of Cobblers shirts at the Kid's football schools.

https://twitter.com/NTFC_CITC/status/981911202262642688

This is something we can change at the club. Accrington gave away shirts to kids in the local community and this is something I'd like to see us copy. Even a free t-shirt can make a huge difference to kids especially from deprived areas.

Absolutely no excuse for empty seats at Sixfields. Give them free to kids and get the engaged with real life football. That will win out from FIFA and watching Premier League on the TV.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2018, 08:33:31 am »

Just seen Tom Townsend's tweet on the lack of Cobblers shirts at the Kid's football schools.

https://twitter.com/NTFC_CITC/status/981911202262642688

This is something we can change at the club. Accrington gave away shirts to kids in the local community and this is something I'd like to see us copy. Even a free t-shirt can make a huge difference to kids especially from deprived areas.

Absolutely no excuse for empty seats at Sixfields. Give them free to kids and get the engaged with real life football. That will win out from FIFA and watching Premier League on the TV.
Haha can you imagine, Now go and tidy your room or I'll take you to the Cobblers again......
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2018, 19:12:15 pm »

So when are you organising it or are you leaving it to others?

If you have ever seen a handsome looking Cobblers fan in and around Sixfields on match days picking up one or two pieces of other peoples rubbish and placing it in a nearby bin there is a fair chance it will have been me. I have been doing this for years, every home match. Next home game I invite you (all) to join in and we can at least have a tidier venue to watch the rubbish on the pitch.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 19:30:43 pm by #Frank » Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2018, 19:18:43 pm »

If you have ever seen a hansom looking Cobblers fan

Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2018, 19:23:53 pm »

It that Willie Thorne performing his new vocation after the swearing incident?

(nice clean pavement by the way)  Wink
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 19:26:27 pm by #Frank » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2018, 19:40:50 pm »

It that Willie Thorne performing his new vocation after the swearing incident?

(nice clean pavement by the way)  Wink
Didnt Willie Thorne play snooker against the Dracula look alike Ray Reardon who has a canny resemblance to our own basement division undertaker Kelvin Thomas?
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2018, 19:57:45 pm »

Didnt Willie Thorne play snooker against the Dracula look alike Ray Reardon who has a canny resemblance to our own basement division undertaker Kelvin Thomas?

Good work on bending that in to another dig at Kelvin. I'm impressed.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2018, 20:23:07 pm »

If you have ever seen a handsome looking Cobblers fan in and around Sixfields on match days picking up one or two pieces of other peoples rubbish and placing it in a nearby bin there is a fair chance it will have been me.
I also do this in the area surrounding Tabasco Towers, after the recycling boys have been. And there is a lot to pick up.
And I would also use the sobriquet "handsome" to describe myself.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2018, 21:35:42 pm »

A club that establishes itself in division 1 and pushes for the play offs regularly .
Similar sized clubs like Sc***horpe and I’m afraid to say Pooh are where we should be aiming to be in the short term .
Interesting that both those clubs sacked their managers when close to the play off positions .
It shows the difference in ambition.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: