The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:55:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Looking ahead with our squad...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking ahead with our squad...  (Read 8830 times)
Wolvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2018, 11:05:45 am »

Obviously the first priority is to get a new manager and hope that he's the right man. Next, I think we (i.e. hoping 'he') should keep as many of the current squad who have sufficient ability, playing in the correct formation and with enough team spirit, to be capable of being successful in league 2. No point in mass clear outs in my opinion. At the time, most of us thought that a lot of the players recruited this season were good signings. 

I'm not sure the mass clear out is needed as well. A lot of these players simply are not good enough for League One, but have shown they are good enough in League Two. Pierre, O'Toole, Crooks are all former League Two player of years I think? Moloney and Buchs were great last time around. Van Veen's CV looks good enough. We'd still need a second striker and some width though... wonder what Adams and D'ath are upto  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2018, 11:54:20 am »

Moloney can also go...too injury prone & has lost it this season

He's not been any worse than Facey and he was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:59 pm »

He's not been any worse than Facey and he was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Facey is under contract, Moloney is not. Better right back/right wing backs available i would think

TBH, this is the least of our worries!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2018, 12:19:21 pm »

Some of the useless players from this year with the right attitude might be okay in the squad next year . For example Foley , Hoskins and Buchanan
Some of the useless players with a work shy attitude should be dumped . For example Powell and Turnbull.
Some of the useless players that haven’t turned up at all should be sacked off as well such as Van Veen and Bunney .
Others are not useless and it would be nice to keep them  . For example crooks , Taylor and JJOT
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2018, 12:24:35 pm »

Giving Hoskins a new 2 and a half year contract, when he was just coming back from a serious injury, was fvcking rediculous!
We could have released him this summer...

Still, least we've got Bowditch/Kasim for another season  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »

Some of the useless players that haven’t turned up at all should be sacked off as well such as Van Veen and Bunney .

I think this is a bit harsh on both players. Van Veen is clearly limping through games and I think Bunney was man of the match the one time I got to see him play in his left wing back position.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2018, 13:13:47 pm »

I think this is a bit harsh on both players. Van Veen is clearly limping through games and I think Bunney was man of the match the one time I got to see him play in his left wing back position.
Bunney was the worst player on the pitch on at least four occasions .
Van Veen doesn’t look interested and I haven’t heard he is carrying an injury from my sources i
These players were supposed to have saved the season and are on money that reflects that
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2018, 14:31:23 pm »

We are second from bottom of League one and people are talking about keeping players, really ? No wonder NTFC are so mediocre, it's what the fans want. How the hell can anybody make a case for keeping any of those players on Huh? They are spinless, gutless and a talentless bunch. Not the type of player who are going to put themselves on the line to gain promotion. Buchs and Moloney are past their best and people want them to stay. Just can't work out what people are thinking.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2018, 15:21:58 pm »

At this point, it's looking more and more like a season of transition is needed...yet another mass clear out, yet another new manager.

Better to finish 12th in League Two with a clear vision established or go for broke in getting back up at the first attempt. I'd much prefer the former.

Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2018, 17:08:33 pm »

Every single one of hasselbanks signings have been absolutely sh*t.
Even Facey has lost the plot .
Not one of them has done anything to warrant their wage .
It’s a gravy train and they are a bunch of charlatans
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2018, 17:24:26 pm »

As orange juice once sang rip it up and start again how on earth do you put life in a dead corpse ?
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2018, 22:48:16 pm »

Anyone advocating a total clear out is understandably frustrated, but clearly under estimating the importance of confidence, tactics and motivational management. All of which we've had none.

You know full well that JJOT, Crooks, Taylor, RO'D, Pierre, McWilliams and possibly Moloney, Facey, Foley and Van Veen would end up looking like world beaters in someone's else's team next season. Bear in mind KvV was playing at the top of L1 this season and last and is clearly not injury free.

We DO have half a good squad. But that isn't enough, especially when there is no strategy to our play.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2018, 23:03:06 pm »

As orange juice once sang rip it up and start again how on earth do you put life in a dead corpse ?

The odds on Dr Frankenstein for next our next manager have just been slashed on many betting sites Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2018, 07:34:50 am »

Every single one of hasselbanks signings have been absolutely sh*t.
Not one of them has done anything to warrant their wage .

Even R'OD?Huh??
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2018, 10:07:47 am »

Even R'OD?Huh??
Good point .
With the exception of ROD
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2018, 11:03:56 am »

Anyone advocating a total clear out is understandably frustrated, but clearly under estimating the importance of confidence, tactics and motivational management. All of which we've had none.

You know full well that JJOT, Crooks, Taylor, RO'D, Pierre, McWilliams and possibly Moloney, Facey, Foley and Van Veen would end up looking like world beaters in someone's else's team next season. Bear in mind KvV was playing at the top of L1 this season and last and is clearly not injury free.

We DO have half a good squad. But that isn't enough, especially when there is no strategy to our play.

Completely agree. I think a lot of potential managers would lick their lips at the prospect of having some of those players in L2, not to mention the wage budget!

You're right about it being a half of a good squad. Lets learn from our mistakes and go for evolution not full blown revolution.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:57 pm »

2018/19 - Despite a ridiculous rate of player turnover, we still lack genuine width and a couple of lively forwards (maybe Lovejob & Joey Iffy will get their chance). Most of this squad have contracts for next season and I find it hard to believe any new manager will be allowed to sign players before some have left. Possibly a 2 out 1 in basis.

Despite my concerns, I am looking forward to next season. Wipe the slate clean. Give everyone a second chance and I hope I don't see Grimes back at our club.

Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
guest2995

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2018, 12:22:26 pm »

2018/19 - Despite a ridiculous rate of player turnover, we still lack genuine width and a couple of lively forwards (maybe Lovejob & Joey Iffy will get their chance). Most of this squad have contracts for next season and I find it hard to believe any new manager will be allowed to sign players before some have left. Possibly a 2 out 1 in basis.

Despite my concerns, I am looking forward to next season. Wipe the slate clean. Give everyone a second chance and I hope I don't see Grimes back at our club.

Lobjoit will be shown the door back to the Racecourse pitch 8.
Joe might be given more of a chance in a team that has more possession .
As for giving the players a second chance , most of them haven’t come off this season and there is nothing to indicate they will next season when they don’t want to be at the club in division 2.
Anyone that wants to leave should be allowed to do so .
Hopefully we can still afford to keep Taylor , Crooks , JJOT , ROD, Pierre and MacWilliams .
The rest I can honestly take or leave .
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2018, 15:00:32 pm »

Grin It did cross my mind that knowing our luck we'll blow any budget on a big money contract for Grimes. I can't wait to support a team with a player that can consistently strike a dead ball.

I'm strongly supporting evolution over revolution, but I do think a total clear out of Melville, whose tenure has seen more signings of players well below the required standard than I ever imagined possible. Of course we never get to hear which signings he advocated, but still.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2018, 20:03:29 pm »

Several players already planning their exit. The one who is probably most desperate to depart is KVV. His agent has been working on finding his next club for some time. Would suggest he regrets coming here in the first place. Don't think too many will be sorry to see him go though.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: