The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:14:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 13143 times)
guest47

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2018, 16:16:24 pm »

It made me smile to see Pereira released and the comment about players being up for the fight.  From what I saw of him, he'd fight his own shadow.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2018, 18:00:01 pm »

It made me smile to see Pereira released and the comment about players being up for the fight.  From what I saw of him, he'd fight his own shadow.
Yes maybe.

The six million dollar question is;
Can Mr Austin inspire the team!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2018, 18:53:02 pm »

Yes maybe.

Well, he was brought in by JFH and was apparently in charge for quite a few training days so let's hope he can change things around. Not sure how he can justify  asking the squad to forget everything he said before JFH left but my fingers are firmly crossed.
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2018, 19:17:37 pm »

Austin has a little of the Harry Redknapp about him in the interviews from the official site. Look left, look right ,look ahead and look down.  Repeat. Didn't find him that rousing at all. Austin out.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2018, 21:05:59 pm »

I think you will find the players will play with more freedom now.
Which is ironic now that Ariyibi and Berto have gone because they would have benefited more than most .
Team spirit is crucial though and any bad apples had to go .
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2018, 21:17:57 pm »

Let’s be honest, we would have cried like babies if Austin had been appointed back in September. We weren’t up s*** creek then but when you are you don’t complain about the paddle.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2018, 23:11:24 pm »

Sheffield United are currently in free fall. Threw away a lead to get beat against relegation placed Barnsley who hadn’t won at home since November. Now 9th after leading the division earlier in the season there are one or 2 voices of dissent appearing on the fans forums around CWs recruitment and tactics. Could DA have a rival for the job come the summer? Don’t get too excited he’s getting support as well, but you know what the blades are like with managers?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2018, 23:38:38 pm »

No chance.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2018, 23:39:35 pm »

Yes maybe.

Excuse me for this 1970s joke but just back from the pub...
Mum, is super woman bionic?
Why do you ask son?
Because Dad said he would like to screw the arse off her..

Bloody misogynist 70s..

Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2018, 23:57:20 pm »

No chance.
No, probably not.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 09:50:58 am »

Excuse me for this 1970s joke but just back from the pub...
Mum, is super woman bionic?
Why do you ask son?
Because Dad said he would like to screw the arse off her..

Bloody misogynist 70s..

Glad someone got it!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2018, 10:01:03 am »

Sheffield United are currently in free fall. Threw away a lead to get beat against relegation placed Barnsley who hadn’t won at home since November. Now 9th after leading the division earlier in the season there are one or 2 voices of dissent appearing on the fans forums around CWs recruitment and tactics. Could DA have a rival for the job come the summer? Don’t get too excited he’s getting support as well, but you know what the blades are like with managers?

I was at Oakwell yesterday and there are voices of disappointment not dissent. The consensus was very much along the lines of they need a potent strike force to realistically challenge for the play offs and that wilder is doing all he can to get the board to back him with transfers in the summer. As for the game I have no idea how sheff u didn’t win that, the second half was chance after chance and the most one sided match you will see.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2018, 18:46:50 pm »

RB Dean Austin  CB ....   CB Colin Calderwood LB Justin Edinburgh

We've had David Kerslake in twice, any chance we'll fill up Tottenham's 90's back four with the managerial genius that is:

SOL CAMPBELL?!

From a purely novelty basis ^ I'd like to see it happen.

Any other defence/midfield/forwards we've filled up with managerial positions?

Whats Ian Walker doing at the minute?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2018, 18:58:09 pm »

We've had David Kerslake in twice, any chance we'll fill up Tottenham's 90's back four with the managerial genius that is:

SOL CAMPBELL?!

Don't forget Terry Fenwick - I know we all would like to forget him.

A bit of trivia for you all...Dean Austin made his debut for Spurs coming on as a substitute for.....Terry Fenwick of course!   
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2018, 20:45:19 pm »

SOL CAMPBELL?!

Sol Campbell? But we've already had Tottenham legend Ian Sampson manage us filling that last centre back spot?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest3181

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2018, 20:59:01 pm »

I was at Oakwell yesterday and there are voices of disappointment not dissent. The consensus was very much along the lines of they need a potent strike force to realistically challenge for the play offs and that wilder is doing all he can to get the board to back him with transfers in the summer. As for the game I have no idea how sheff u didn’t win that, the second half was chance after chance and the most one sided match you will see.

Top man for getting out to see other football!  Always refreshing to see that there are folk that have a broader footballing experience contributing to the Board.  As Cecilia would say, "Well done!"
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 06:32:24 am »

Top man for getting out to see other football!  Always refreshing to see that there are folk that have a broader footballing experience contributing to the Board.  As Cecilia would say, "Well done!"

At 36 quid a pop too  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2018, 10:11:27 am »

Sol Campbell? But we've already had Tottenham legend Ian Sampson manage us filling that last centre back spot?

Thank god. I totally forgot about that and Intertoto football in general.
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2018, 15:28:37 pm »

Ian Walker managed Bishops Stortford briefly before moving to China.

He's now coaching 1st team goalkeepers at Shanghai SIPG FC. Long shot.

Sadly Erik Thorstvedt never went into management.
Report Spam   Logged

guest2487

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2018, 16:12:42 pm »

Gary Mabbut and Vinny Samways dream team?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: