The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:23:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dean Austin

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dean Austin  (Read 12932 times)
Mathius

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2018, 11:55:05 am »

Despite the poor start, I'm warming to DA. If we go down with improved performances, I hope he gets the job for next season - JB as well if he wants it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2018, 12:23:34 pm »

Despite the poor start, I'm warming to DA. If we go down with improved performances, I hope he gets the job for next season - JB as well if he wants it.
I agree with this .
We need some sort of consistency and i like the way both DA
And JB talk .
They both also played lower leagues and know what it’s all about .
By no means is it a given either man would take it though .
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2018, 13:18:56 pm »

I agree with this .
We need some sort of consistency and i like the way both DA
And JB talk .
They both also played lower leagues and know what it’s all about .
By no means is it a given either man would take it though .

Let's see how it pans out. I certainly like the up front honesty of his interviews, but he still needs to prove himself as a motivator. Let's be honest, if he can motivate this current shower he probably deserves a longer run at things.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2018, 15:01:49 pm »

Our next double act?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2018, 18:25:53 pm »

Like how some are hooked on a few cringy sound bites! Actions not words...not evident by the performance at Blackpool!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2018, 18:28:53 pm »

If you ever want an example of a manager's honeymoon period look no further.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2018, 20:36:47 pm »

Austin has achieved nothing as yet, a few well meaning but completly flawed interviews and people want to give him the job full time, i give up.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3181

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2018, 20:48:27 pm »

Austin has achieved nothing as yet, a few well meaning but completly flawed interviews and people want to give him the job full time, i give up.

Agreed.

His post match Blackpool interview should have been along the lines of:

"It's performances like this that have gotten us where we are.  It is not good enough.  The fans know it, I know it, the Chairman knows and the players know it.  What is said in the dressing room stays there, but, all I think you should know is that I have made it plain to the players where the bar is.  If they choose the one that serves drinks, then, they'll be out the door before they even take a sip.  If they want to fight to get over that bar, then they will be in the team.  This is no time for sentiment or niceties.  This is a dog-fight to the death."

Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2018, 07:48:48 am »

All he has to do is give the usual cliches in interview. Keep the fans on his side for an easy ride until May. Get paid up and go on a nice summer holiday. Easiest job he'll ever have.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
defender

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2018, 09:02:12 am »

So far we have not been anywhere good enough. Time for some straight talking and honesty, He should have got stuck into the players and told them that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2018, 09:10:52 am »

Quote from: tcobb link=topic=17235.msg356180#msg356180

........... i give up.

Some things never change
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:58:59 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2018, 11:49:28 am »

He needs to get 90 minutes of major effort out of this squad first...the fitness and commitment levels are currently those of a bunch of losers - let's hope today is different!
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2018, 11:51:23 am »

My opinion is that there is literally no point in ripping into players who are out of confidence to such a degree that they're currently in. We forfeit games when we're a goal down at the moment, and the only chance we have (and this is almost miniscule currently), is keeping their confidence up long enough to get a result.

So, I don't think there's really anything that Austin could really have said other than what he did. Same really when Jimmy was doing them. At the end of the day it's not the press conferences which has got us where we are.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2018, 12:08:53 pm »

Double extra training and fitness regimes allied to encouraging words and open tactical discussions - maybe it has been happening but I've heard nothing. So far every side we play has been streets ahead in fitness.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2018, 17:42:16 pm »

Bury will beat us.

Oh dear!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
paul thompson is

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2018, 17:46:03 pm »

Oh dear!

How is it going in your world,
have you spoken to another human today,,

Ps the cat dosen't count
Report Spam   Logged

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

There is always a case to rest
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2018, 17:51:21 pm »

If he gets a win against Plymouth, the job's his.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2018, 18:03:16 pm »

If he gets a win against Plymouth, the job's his.

Are you serious?Huh?

We just about scrape past the worst team in the league and your giving him the job should he get another win??

Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2018, 18:07:17 pm »

Far too soon Mathius we should wait until after the next three games.

Not just about results (as it is highly unlikely we will win all the remaining games) but about how we play. Basically, how different are we from the s***e JFH side  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2018, 18:08:46 pm »

Are you serious?Huh?

We just about scrape past the worst team in the league and your giving him the job should he get another win??

Two bad errors, from RO'D and Ash Taylor and you're blaming the manager?
Not saying that he should get the job but give him a chance.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: