The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:22:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Peeling The Tangerines 10.4.18

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peeling The Tangerines 10.4.18  (Read 12447 times)
guest2235

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 05, 2018, 11:32:26 am »

Now Ash Taylor's red card appeal has been unsuccessful what will Dean go with for his first game in charge? I wonder if we will see Jack Bridge in action on the pitch for the first time.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:39:39 am »

O'Donnell

Facey Poole Barnett Buchanan

Ariyibi O'Toole McWilliams Foley

Crooks

Long
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:44:41 am by clarkeysntfc » Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:16:12 pm »

No Taylor is a major blow and terrible news .
My team would have to be

O’Donnell
Facey.  Turnbull.  Barnett     Buchanan

McWilliams. Crooks
Pierra                                      Ariyibi
              JJOT
           Van Veen
Report Spam   Logged
Snow Dive Larry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 13:06:45 pm »

Stunned that the red wasn't overturned despite even Posh staff saying they didn't think it was a sending off. Could be a huge hindrance to an already almost impossible task.

ROD

Facey
Barnett
Turnbull
Buchanan

Pereira
Crooks
McWilliams
Ariyibi

JJOT

Long
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 13:09:34 pm »

I know we have several players that have looked shocking in the last few weeks but I'm still surprised that everyone above has Facey in the team. He has been absolutely dreadful in the last few weeks. 
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 13:12:14 pm »

Massive blow losing Taylor.

For me goalie obviously picks himself.  Then just pick a proper defence with people in their correct positions.  Would play Facey, Poole, Turnbull and Buchanan but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried about that centre back partnership.

Then holding mids of O'Toole and Foley both mobile to do the tackling, ball winning and protect the back four.

Then 3 in front of Ariyibi, Crooks and Grimes.  All good attacking ball players.  All mobile, fluid movement and good on the ball.  Crooks in the middle of them to get in the box when he can.

I know Grimes is probably a slightly controversial choice but for me he's got good vision, is one of our best passers and is very decent on the ball.  I've always felt he should be playing further forward where he can hurt teams rather than making tackles which is definitely not his game.  Ariyibi is another that I've been impressed by when he has the freedom to attack running at people rather than defensive duties.

Finally Long up top.  Easily the best finisher in the squad and with the right service will score goals.

Van Veen not starting as it's obvious he isn't fully fit.  Perreira left out again as he's totally unfit and an accident waiting to happen.

Players like Hoskins, Moloney, McWilliams etc on bench who can all fit in to that system.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 13:13:29 pm »

I know we have several players that have looked shocking in the last few weeks but I'm still surprised that everyone above has Facey in the team. He has been absolutely dreadful in the last few weeks. 
Interesting that Grimes is not in anyone’s starting eleven .
I wonder Dean sees it that way
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 13:16:37 pm »

I do think the criticism of Grimes is over the top at times but he's clearly not the right sort of player for a relegation scrap. Far too fluffy and lightweight.
I almost felt sorry for him on Monday when there was 5 minutes of loud ironic cheering when he took a Posh player out, almost.

I certainly won't miss his set pieces when he strolls back to Swansea without a care in the world. 1.75 million though  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 13:17:41 pm »

Massive blow losing Taylor.

For me goalie obviously picks himself.  Then just pick a proper defence with people in their correct positions.  Would play Facey, Poole, Turnbull and Buchanan but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried about that centre back partnership.

Then holding mids of O'Toole and Foley both mobile to do the tackling, ball winning and protect the back four.

Then 3 in front of Ariyibi, Crooks and Grimes.  All good attacking ball players.  All mobile, fluid movement and good on the ball.  Crooks in the middle of them to get in the box when he can.

I know Grimes is probably a slightly controversial choice but for me he's got good vision, is one of our best passers and is very decent on the ball.  I've always felt he should be playing further forward where he can hurt teams rather than making tackles which is definitely not his game.  Ariyibi is another that I've been impressed by when he has the freedom to attack running at people rather than defensive duties.

Finally Long up top.  Easily the best finisher in the squad and with the right service will score goals.

Van Veen not starting as it's obvious he isn't fully fit.  Perreira left out again as he's totally unfit and an accident waiting to happen.

Players like Hoskins, Moloney, McWilliams etc on bench who can all fit in to that system.
Have you seen how many Long has missed recently ?
He has cost us 6 points at least
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 13:30:35 pm »

True, but I'd agree he is still our best chance of scoring if given a chance. Plenty of other people have missed chances too.

Van Veen is trying to play through the injury he picked up and it shows, he looks half fit and we cannot afford passengers.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 13:38:50 pm »

True, but I'd agree he is still our best chance of scoring if given a chance. Plenty of other people have missed chances too.

Van Veen is trying to play through the injury he picked up and it shows, he looks half fit and we cannot afford passengers.

Regarding Van Veen...half fit, half arsed or both?
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 13:40:54 pm »

Really?  What 6 points+ was that and how many has he missed recently?

Tough to have a decent strike rate playing in a side that creates him probably 1 chance a game and expects him to chase long balls for the rest of it.

Finally who else in the squad is better.  Van Veen??? possibly but hardly prolific elsewhere and clearly massively hindered by injury at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 13:41:20 pm »

These were awful at Sixfields.

Watch Ariyibi and Perreira both start and excel in a comfortable win....
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2235

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 13:45:44 pm »

Interesting that Grimes is not in anyone’s starting eleven .
I wonder Dean sees it that way
Grimes is clearly a talented player Swansea wouldn't have paid that much otherwise. I reckon we haven't seen the best of him, hopefully DA will find the right spot/system for him. Centre back positions aren't looking good, Barnett, Poole & Turnbull would all be behind Taylor & Pierre. I think Poole worries me the least so I would pick him and then get the other two to have a game of paper scissors etc to determine who plays.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 13:52:43 pm »

Really?  What 6 points+ was that and how many has he missed recently?

Tough to have a decent strike rate playing in a side that creates him probably 1 chance a game and expects him to chase long balls for the rest of it.

Finally who else in the squad is better.  Van Veen??? possibly but hardly prolific elsewhere and clearly massively hindered by injury at the moment.
Missed absolute sitters versus Oxford - probably three .
Peterborough - the one on one he missed would have changed the game .
I’m not against Long but his misses are as bad as other players mistakes that cost goals . Fact .
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 13:56:07 pm »

Regarding Van Veen...half fit, half arsed or both?

Definitely half fit.

We know he was having injections to try and play through damaged knee ligaments, you can see him limping sometimes after fifteen minutes or so. Doesn't look anything like ready for anything other than a last five minutes desperation cameo from the bench.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 14:36:01 pm »

I'd give Sammo a ring to see if he fancied a game before I played Barnett, he's dreadful. I know Turnbull hasn't been brilliant but both him and Poole are streets ahead of Barnett.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 15:23:45 pm »

The choice on centre halves is this :
Poole : mobile , quick but small and gets bullied.
Barnett : a ball winner and has the right attitude but makes mistakes and can get caught for pace . Poor distribution
Turnbull : steady but not commanding and not great in the air . Poor distribution
Moloney : untried in a two bit has done okay in a three
Facey : untried and too small

Errrr ..... take your choice and hope they don’t have an off day
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 15:31:32 pm »

Missed absolute sitters versus Oxford - probably three .
Peterborough - the one on one he missed would have changed the game .
I’m not against Long but his misses are as bad as other players mistakes that cost goals . Fact .

Scraping the barrel a bit for six points there......but as you posted FACT at the end of your sentence I can't really argue can I  Tongue

I like Long and out of the options we currently have in the squad up top he's the best finisher available.......wait for it.....FACT! Boom!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 15:34:23 pm »

The choice on centre halves is this :
Poole : mobile , quick but small and gets bullied.
Barnett : a ball winner and has the right attitude but makes mistakes and can get caught for pace . Poor distribution
Turnbull : steady but not commanding and not great in the air . Poor distribution
Moloney : untried in a two bit has done okay in a three
Facey : untried and too small
Errrr ..... take your choice and hope they don’t have an off day

Poole definitely did well against bigger guys the last couple of games he actually got to play for us. I would have him alongside Turnbull personally, I think Barnett is too slow if we are playing with two CB's.

Would not be using Moloney or Facey at CB unless we have a situation that requires it, Moloney was awful against Charlton in a three. Sure Facey played CB in the MLS for NYC but would prefer him at RB.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: