The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:11:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

DEAR MR THOMAS- More questions than answers?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DEAR MR THOMAS- More questions than answers?  (Read 4996 times)
just.reading

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 09:23:12 am »

I'd suggest he doesn't/didn't fit the description given that he had just had a failure on his CV in the same league we were in.

If we could identify a manager in non-league/league 2 who was in his second or third job and hadn't been sacked they would be worth looking at. That was Wilder's profile, that is Danny Cowley's profile but of course he is out of our league now.

Is there someone out there with that profile that we could get? I don't know but the club should.

Doesn't always work. Neil Aspin had a good record with non- league clubs Harrogate, Halifax and Gateshead. Port Vale took a punt on him and they languish near the foot of League Two.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 09:27:39 am »

Doesn't always work. Neil Aspin had a good record with non- league clubs Harrogate, Halifax and Gateshead. Port Vale took a punt on him and they languish near the foot of League Two.

Of course and no one is saying it is a golden ticket to success but it feels like giving someone the chance to step up is a better idea then letting someone hop back on where they fell off last time. Also, much more chance of them accepting performance related clauses I would think
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 09:35:49 am »

Instead of me writing to KT personally and maybe receiving a reply direct to me, I thought it was more relevant if KT spoke to a group of fans instead of one individual.

That was the theory anyway!!!

Does that make me/and/or you Irchy being thick?

It wasn’t my intention to snipe - apologies if you have taken it that way - all of the questions are very relevant I would just question the forum as it is unlikely that you will receive any responses if it is just on here.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 09:48:33 am »

I've looked at the promotion spots in League One and League Two.

Wigan and Blackburn both have managers with failure on their CV.

Accrington top League Two with a manager with failure on his CV. Whilst Luton and Wycombe both have managers in their first managerial role.

I'm surprised the non league route is so in favour right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 10:03:43 am »

Players don't join or stay because of a fancy Dan stadium

They stay if they're in a successful Team, led by a manager with vision
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 10:25:30 am »

I've looked at the promotion spots in League One and League Two.

Wigan and Blackburn both have managers with failure on their CV.

Accrington top League Two with a manager with failure on his CV. Whilst Luton and Wycombe both have managers in their first managerial role.

I'm surprised the non league route is so in favour right now.

I think it is just the desire to do something different, to try a new approach. It is always a gamble appointing a new manager, sometimes someone just 'fits' at a club and doesn't do so well elsewhere, John Coleman and Keith Hill are good examples. If you have a manager who has held 2/3/4 jobs, never been sacked and always left each club higher up the pyramid then when they joined, you can see why fans would be attracted to that.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2018, 10:42:05 am »

There is a toxic atmosphere brewing and I can see full on protests taking place at the next home match.
Mumbling under the breath,rustling of crisp packets and everything.
It will be like the West Ham scenario a couple of weeks back only milder.

There surely won't be enough people there to protest.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 10:58:07 am »

I think it is just the desire to do something different, to try a new approach. It is always a **** appointing a new manager, sometimes someone just 'fits' at a club and doesn't do so well elsewhere, John Coleman and Keith Hill are good examples. If you have a manager who has held 2/3/4 jobs, never been sacked and always left each club higher up the pyramid then when they joined, you can see why fans would be attracted to that.

I get that. Every time we sack imagine, you read the same 'well it can't get much worse' whilst wanting a manager the polar opposite to who we had previously. I think just about every manager who has managed us at League One level has eventually been sacked by us? I guess it's a tough job when you're playing above your natural level and up against it week in week out.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2487

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 11:14:31 am »

Sent the questions to KT for you Village Idiot.

Await the standard political nonsense answers...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 11:33:12 am »

Thanks.

I won't hold my breath!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 12:19:03 pm »

Players don't join or stay because of a fancy Dan stadium

They stay if they're in a successful Team, led by a manager with vision
Call me cynical Was but I reckon they stay where they’re offered the best contract? Trophies and Stadiums are a small dusting of icing on the cake.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2018, 13:20:12 pm »

Players will go where they think is best for them at that stage in their career.

If they are past it / not really good enough they go where they will get the best money / security  - see Van Bleeding Useless  (which we are fantastic at attracting)

If you are young and want to develop with the aim to play as high as possible you go to a club that has a manager that will improve and play you - see Roofe at Oxford   (we don't attract or buy any of these types of players - I wonder why)

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2018, 13:25:30 pm »

For all those who want a better team first - you are INSANE  -  you expect a different result from doing the same thing

We have for the last 50 years had a crappy ground with no facilities, with no ambition, who on the odd occasion gained promotion, lose a best players and then go back to square one.

This latest example is perhaps the worse one, in modern times where communication / motivation is much easier, with a team that won the league by 13 points, with a Chairman with £4m to invest, and we still fail

ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE - from top to bottom   KT  Do as you promised or LEAVE
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2018, 13:32:48 pm »

Well, I can't imagine this will be received too well but here you go..

Thanks for the email.

As you know I certainly don’t respond to anonymous questions however as they have indirectly come through you happy to answer.

1) Has NBC told you when they will finally decide on the land lease issue?  Unfortunately, not.  We are now 11 days past the deadline they gave the Trust.  It is very disappointing and demoralising for us.
2) Have you a design for the East Stand to publish?  Until we get the green light and everything in place releasing plans will only be showing something that possibly can’t be delivered and that is not our style.
3) Have you plans to increase the capacity for the rest of the ground (12K)?  Not at this time no, not convinced of the business case of increasing capacity at this point
4) If so do they include safe standing and the corners developed?  See 3
5) Can we expect new owners or investors before the start of next season?  We have said consistently for the club to compete higher up we will need financial help and whilst the partnership/ownership of 5U didn’t work out for other reasons, the principle of that type of deal remains the right course of action for the club.  Whether that is in the next few months I would have no idea at this point.
6) Will the new manager be an up and coming person who hasn't been sacked or failed previously?  A very general question, but I said that we will not discuss a manager until the season is over.  Dean and Jon have the team until then and that is the immediate focus.
7) Will it be a condition that a more attacking/ entertaining style of play will be the aim?  It is always the aim
8  Will the new manager be encouraged to play 2 or 3 local young  players?  It is not our style to implement Football demands on a manager, however always in favour of developing and brining on young talent
9) Will you be doing a 'open forum' before mid-May?  Don’t think mid-May will be the appropriate time but later in the summer I would expect
10) What are your plans for the next 6 months for NTFC?  Hard to make any plans when we still have the season to finish but it will certainly include a full review on what has gone wrong this season and what happens next.

You are correct when we are rubbish on the pitch all kinds of questions do come up, but the club has been through times like this before and will come out the other side.  It’s been a depressing and disappointing season so far for all us us and everyone is truly gutted at the moment, but we still have four games to go and amazingly given our record we can get out of it, I know it would be an incredible turnaround, but we can hope.

This season has been probably more frustrating for fans and us alike, as we have invested more this year and were expecting things to be so different, there was an excitement and expectation generated.  Even after January and the investment made there we really thought we had turned a corner and even as recent as Feb 10th we looked in good shape after beating AFC, but then we seemed to have fallen off a cliff.  It’s hard as a board because once you get past January there is very little you can do, and it’s been as tough to watch for us as it has been for the fans.

Anyway, hope this answers the questions as openly as possible and thanks for the support, even in the crap times.

Cheers,

Kelvin

Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 13:51:41 pm »

All decent enough answers apart from No.2, he didn't need to release the plans but it would have been clearer if he had said something along the lines of 'we have the plans but won't release them until we get the green light'.

Beds won't like number 3 at all though. (or 4)
Report Spam   Logged
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2018, 13:52:08 pm »

Well, I can't imagine this will be received too well but here you go..

Thanks for the email.

As you know I certainly don’t respond to anonymous questions however as they have indirectly come through you happy to answer.

1) Has NBC told you when they will finally decide on the land lease issue?  Unfortunately, not.  We are now 11 days past the deadline they gave the Trust.  It is very disappointing and demoralising for us.
2) Have you a design for the East Stand to publish?  Until we get the green light and everything in place releasing plans will only be showing something that possibly can’t be delivered and that is not our style.
3) Have you plans to increase the capacity for the rest of the ground (12K)?  Not at this time no, not convinced of the business case of increasing capacity at this point
4) If so do they include safe standing and the corners developed?  See 3
5) Can we expect new owners or investors before the start of next season?  We have said consistently for the club to compete higher up we will need financial help and whilst the partnership/ownership of 5U didn’t work out for other reasons, the principle of that type of deal remains the right course of action for the club.  Whether that is in the next few months I would have no idea at this point.
6) Will the new manager be an up and coming person who hasn't been sacked or failed previously?  A very general question, but I said that we will not discuss a manager until the season is over.  Dean and Jon have the team until then and that is the immediate focus.
7) Will it be a condition that a more attacking/ entertaining style of play will be the aim?  It is always the aim
8  Will the new manager be encouraged to play 2 or 3 local young  players?  It is not our style to implement Football demands on a manager, however always in favour of developing and brining on young talent
9) Will you be doing a 'open forum' before mid-May?  Don’t think mid-May will be the appropriate time but later in the summer I would expect
10) What are your plans for the next 6 months for NTFC?  Hard to make any plans when we still have the season to finish but it will certainly include a full review on what has gone wrong this season and what happens next.

You are correct when we are rubbish on the pitch all kinds of questions do come up, but the club has been through times like this before and will come out the other side.  It’s been a depressing and disappointing season so far for all us us and everyone is truly gutted at the moment, but we still have four games to go and amazingly given our record we can get out of it, I know it would be an incredible turnaround, but we can hope.

This season has been probably more frustrating for fans and us alike, as we have invested more this year and were expecting things to be so different, there was an excitement and expectation generated.  Even after January and the investment made there we really thought we had turned a corner and even as recent as Feb 10th we looked in good shape after beating AFC, but then we seemed to have fallen off a cliff.  It’s hard as a board because once you get past January there is very little you can do, and it’s been as tough to watch for us as it has been for the fans.

Anyway, hope this answers the questions as openly as possible and thanks for the support, even in the crap times.

Cheers,

Kelvin

There are many questions to be answered and much soul searching to be done come the end of the season, a full review of this season must be done from top to bottom, I'm sure there are many lessons to be learned. Well Done Kelvin for answering those questions now I for one appreciate it. For now though can we the fans just get on with giving the team every bit of our support for the final push. It isn't over till the fat lady sings, and while she may be warming up she an't singing yet. Leave the questions and cross examination till the end of the season.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 13:54:19 pm by Shadowstorm » Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 13:54:14 pm »

Fair play for Alistair for asking some questions but Kelvin's answers don't relate to the bigger picture of 'identity' and a wider plan for the club.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 13:58:14 pm by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 13:57:15 pm »

I guess that comes with the "what went wrong, what happens next" etc.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 14:00:44 pm »

Thanks for getting the answers Alistair, unfortunately I don't think they have helped but then I don't know what we can expect him to say at this point. Good to get the response on the council situation though, at least we know it is NBC holding that up still.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 14:04:00 pm »

I guess that comes with the "what went wrong, what happens next" etc.

Yup but surely it's something that owners in it for the long haul would start dealing with on day one? A football club is about far more than keeping things ticking over and getting the East Stand finish. This is one of the biggest frustrations.

We also need clarity on whether the East Stand works are dependent on Thomas/Bower accessing land around the stadium or is it private money (4 million was it mentioned?).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: