The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:20:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

DEAR MR THOMAS- More questions than answers?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DEAR MR THOMAS- More questions than answers?  (Read 5000 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:28 am »

Vintage Cobbler - You forgot (5) We wouldn't have a football club if it wasn't for Thomas and Bower.

I am not ungrateful and I have previously recognised their significant contribution but, as I have previously posted, you can't dine out on this for ever.  Let's not forget they bought the club cheaply and on the back of certain promises.  We are going backwards and downwards under the current ownership on and off the pitch.  My 4 major criticisms stand up to the test.  What worries me is just how complacent many supporters seem to be about the situation.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2018, 09:08:07 am »

I like to think it's patience rather than complacency. We know what a minefield was left by Cardoza and his 40 thieves. Hopefully, time will prove me correct and not yourself VC, but I will acknowledge my naivety if I'm incorrect.   
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2018, 09:50:12 am »

Apart from the East Stand , although that is a major issue, Cardoza cannot be blamed for the present situation of the club. The buck has to stop with the current owners.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2018, 10:03:53 am »

I am not ungrateful and I have previously recognised their significant contribution but, as I have previously posted, you can't dine out on this for ever.  Let's not forget they bought the club cheaply and on the back of certain promises.  We are going backwards and downwards under the current ownership on and off the pitch.  My 4 major criticisms stand up to the test.  What worries me is just how complacent many supporters seem to be about the situation.

Not necessarily complacency, just an understanding and acceptance of the many times that we have been through this scenario before over the decades.
The majority of us have (probably) become immune to any genuine expression of shock and/or emotional outpouring that is normally expected if and when we are eventually relegated from this division.
If we were involved in the next level of relegation (to the conference) I believe that the perceived complacency would be totally different.

I am going tomorrow, but it will be no worse that the years stood on the Spion Kop/Hotel End at the County Ground throughout the majority of the seventies when we used to go through habit or because there was nothing better to do.  It was never in anticipation of anything positive, just hopeful that we were successfully re-elected each season and/or that there may be something special and we didn't really want to miss it (Bournemouth 6-0 etc...).
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2018, 10:14:24 am »

I go back longer to the Bowen years and have been a season ticket holder at the County Ground and ever since the move to Sixfields.  We can and should be much higher on the football ladder with the town's population and catchment area. Owners rely on the quiet acceptance of things are as they are and get away with it.  Some of the views expressed on this site are music to KT's ears.  What our club has lacked down all these years are owners with deep pockets ready and willing to invest heavily in the club on and off the pitch. Because of this history keeps repeating itself. Other towns smaller than Northampton consistently do better than us and there is no reason we should not be competing at their level. Supporters can and should be more vociferous to change the depressing status quo.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2018, 10:35:02 am »

I go back longer to the Bowen years and have been a season ticket holder at the County Ground and ever since the move to Sixfields.  We can and should be much higher on the football ladder with the town's population and catchment area. Owners rely on the quiet acceptance of things are as they are and get away with it.  Some of the views expressed on this site are music to KT's ears.  What our club has lacked down all these years are owners with deep pockets ready and willing to invest heavily in the club on and off the pitch. Because of this history keeps repeating itself. Other towns smaller than Northampton consistently do better than us and there is no reason we should not be competing at their level. Supporters can and should be more vociferous to change the depressing status quo.

Exactly. So until such time as we get a sugar daddy to finance us we unfortunately have no other option but to suck it up.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2018, 11:09:43 am »

Exactly. So until such time as we get a sugar daddy to finance us we unfortunately have no other option but to suck it up.

doesn't mean we can't wish/dream/hope!!

But you are right...money talks.....and every season more money is needed to keep up with the big boys!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2018, 15:59:05 pm »

There is absolutely no reason we cant crowd fund the expansion of the south stand.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2018, 16:21:31 pm »

There is absolutely no reason we cant crowd fund the expansion of the south stand.

Off you go then.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2018, 16:26:26 pm »

With all due respect. What would posses any of us to crowd fund a stand that none of us will get the slightest benefit from? 
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2018, 16:30:17 pm »

With all due respect. What would posses any of us to crowd fund a stand that none of us will get the slightest benefit from? 

Theres more chance of us getting to crowd fund a stand that no sod is gonna sit in than getting KT to build us a stand!  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2018, 16:37:35 pm »

We couldn't crowd fund some new goal nets.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2018, 18:07:58 pm »

OK INFRASRUCTURE BOND.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2018, 18:51:55 pm »

Fair point. Would have to be done to finish the job so to speak by fans feeling generous. Be interested to see the costs according to Ballast Nedham's plans.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2018, 19:08:21 pm »

For a minute, lets take away the last 15 years when the club has been owned by land obsessed 'investors'.

Lets just say for a minute we…the fans…had raised just 125k a year by bonds etc. And 125k a year had been put aside from the playing budget. Thats million plus interest…for argument sake lets say 3.5 million.

You'd only need 500 people putting in 200quid a year each to hit 100k. Im sure 10% of our fan base would 'buy into' something that had a real 'end goal' to it.

Of course this cannot happen when the club is owned 'by investors'. Of course the big benefit of an 'investor' is that they have a big wedge of cash to bring to the party to cover financial outlays that are not budgeted for. The only problem we've had is that neither of our last two 'investors' (unless you consider the Chinese overspend) appear to have 'invested' much! KT and co (like DC before them) did bring money to the party initially though to pay bills that the fans couldn't. Or the previous owner couldn't! for different reasons!!)

Id argue that a fresh start is needed unless KT and his fellow director/s reassure the fans quickly that they have positive plans for us. And by reassurance, Id like to see actual 'plans', not opened ended answers to closed questions. Personally Ive had enough of spin now!

Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2018, 01:39:15 am »

crowd funding is successful for projects where people perceive a great social need or alternatively see a prize opportunity of jumping onto something that will do well commercially and thus give them back more than their original stake. Trying to fund an expansion to South stand  would fulfil neither of these criteria at this moment.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2018, 05:22:43 am »

crowd funding is successful for projects where people perceive a great social need or alternatively see a prize opportunity of jumping onto something that will do well commercially and thus give them back more than their original stake. Trying to fund an expansion to South stand  would fulfil neither of these criteria at this moment.
would it have 20 years ago?
What about in 20 years time?
Doing nothing these past 20 years really hasn't benefited either but infact sent us backwards.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2018, 05:56:34 am »

With the onset of relegation and Thomas highlighting again that building up our club over a period of time is not on his agenda, it may soon become time to ask him to sell up to allow our club the chance to grow its support base by 3000 plus quadruple our commercial  viability and most importantly  be competitive in league 1.

If we go back down to league 2, and NBC see fit to not hand over the valuble land leases to an organisation who on my opinion have used our club only as a means to an end, then there can be no justification for them to continue here.
We've just been unlucky that the land our club stands on, the very thing that should give us the possibility to grow has in fact been a millstone around our necks by those seeking vast personal gains from free land.

Lets hope its not too late and NBC havn't  handed over the land unconditionally thinking their football club will greatly benefit, when it quite clearly wont.

Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2018, 06:42:59 am »

It would make more sense to crowd fund the North Stand using mini bonds from Tifosy, that route could also be taken to finish the East possibly.

There are also grants don't forget to pick up the slack.

When people say that no-one will contribute to something they don't get anything back on I'd say it's untrue. Norwich fans crowd funded a new academy for the club using Tifosy. There are various benefits that come with Tifosy. Stevenage fans received 4-8% interest along with other perks for crowd funding their new stand.

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/standing-shoulder-to-shoulder-to-build-a-new-north-stand

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2018, 07:13:00 am »

.....When people say that no-one will contribute to something they don't get anything back on I'd say it's untrue. Norwich fans crowd funded a new academy for the club using Tifosy. There are various benefits that come with Tifosy. Stevenage fans received 4-8% interest along with other perks for crowd funding their new stand.

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/standing-shoulder-to-shoulder-to-build-a-new-north-stand

You state one thing and then provide two examples of the opposite?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: