The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:06:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Vote of confidence towards the Chairman and board of NTFC

Poll
Question: Do you feel confident that Kelvin Thomas and the current board are fit to run this club?  (Voting closed: May 02, 2018, 23:30:21 pm)
Yes - They are doing a grand job - 27 (23.9%)
Yes - I would like more transparency - 69 (61.1%)
No - Resign and sell up - 13 (11.5%)
No - They should hand it to the Trust - 2 (1.8%)
Abstained - 2 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 106

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote of confidence towards the Chairman and board of NTFC  (Read 4144 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2018, 12:58:51 pm »

Coventry have one more year at the Ricoh and then Wasps want them out. The reason they're in the play-offs, is in part, due to the players coming through the academy. Local businesses invest/ sponsor their academy which gives them Cat 2 status. NTFC is Cat 3. Cat 2 is higher which means they have games against better teams, which improves their chances of producing better players.  
probably it doesnt make any financial sense to grow our academy as it is with the corperate boxes, ground expansion and general matchday improvements and all other aspects of our clubs infrastructure...
Welcome home to league 2🤣🤣🤣
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2018, 13:05:23 pm »

probably it doesnt make any financial sense to grow our academy as it is with the corperate boxes, ground expansion and general matchday improvements and all other aspects of our clubs infrastructure...
Welcome home to league 2🤣🤣🤣

As much as I admire your stance on things. I will start deleting your posts, if you don't stop adding the same agenda to every topic.
Report Spam   Logged
wingman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2018, 16:09:27 pm »

Hurrah  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2018, 19:39:13 pm »

Less than 2% isn't very much though is it?
If it's a blind survey of a genuine cross section of fans, as this is then it doesn't matter if 2% is small. Do you reckon they ask about a million people for every nationwide survey or something?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2018, 20:28:16 pm »

If it's a blind survey of a genuine cross section of fans, as this is then it doesn't matter if 2% is small. Do you reckon they ask about a million people for every nationwide survey or something?
Unfortunately you can have as many polls you like it won't change the fact that KT has been an unmitigated disaster since he's been here.
And it's only going to get worse because the council are going to give him nothing, and he's going to do one very soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3114

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2018, 20:44:50 pm »

May I recommend this site to you?  They are very discrete.....

https://www.depend.com.au/incontinence-products/male/

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Too late, do you know a good carpet company?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2018, 20:52:01 pm »

What's the chances of KT and Co buying a nice little Club down on the South coast for a £1 ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Humanpunk

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2018, 21:13:20 pm »

Without KT there may not have been an NTFC to get relegated. The board would have learned important lessons and I wouldn't have thought any joy in seeing us relegated and would only be looking for positives going forward.

Unless someone knows of a wealthy backer or are prepared to put their own money up to buy the club then I am happy to see the board continue and push to make things right rather than getting the buckets out again. KT in my opinion saved this club and I would rather give him and the board an opportunity to put things right or find the right investment than slag them off for decisions I am sure they regret (hopefully that doesn't include buying this club). Having put their money on the line to save the club, invested heavily in an attempt to compete in the league only to be let down by managers making crap decisions, it must be pretty tough to take the sort of criticism that is being dished out on here towards them when they mus be hurting from the way things have gone. Yes the managers deserve criticism for the way the season has gone and the money wasted by them on players but to me the board have strived to support the club and the mangers to make this season a success hence increasing the player budget in January when the Chinese money had disappeared when they could so easily have reduced the budget and let JFH work with the squad he had. I would rather get behind the board and make next season a success rather than have a club with no owner or money again.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2018, 23:01:42 pm »

Without KT there may not have been an NTFC to get relegated. The board would have learned important lessons and I wouldn't have thought any joy in seeing us relegated and would only be looking for positives going forward................................................................................
................ I would rather get behind the board and make next season a success rather than have a club with no owner or money again.

Well said Kelvin - powerful comments Wink
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 23:05:07 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2539

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2018, 04:56:45 am »

Unfortunately you can have as many polls you like it won't change the fact that KT has been an unmitigated disaster since he's been here.
And it's only going to get worse because the council are going to give him nothing, and he's going to do one very soon.
Thankfully your opinion is totally out of line with the vast majority of Cobblers fans. Not only did KT step in when the queue was very short ( did not see you in the queue Manwork!!) he has also provided a competetive budget for each manager. I personally will judge him after NBC finally make a public decision on the leases.

The 'unmitigated disaster' has been the last 3 managers.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2018, 05:58:30 am »

Thankfully your opinion is totally out of line with the vast majority of Cobblers fans. Not only did KT step in when the queue was very short ( did not see you in the queue Manwork!!) he has also provided a competetive budget for each manager. I personally will judge him after NBC finally make a public decision on the leases.

The 'unmitigated disaster' has been the last 3 managers.
How different things could've been had we been offered openly as a free club albeit paying  off a few hundred grand for a tax bill and a couple of weeks wages?
We were offered to a very greatful and lucky queue of just one after the council waived its £10m demand, instead of attracting posibly several other prospective buyers to a free well known large town club, who at the time were a well supported football club at the top of their division with some great players.
I doubt any others got a look in?

Unmitigated disaster after disaster sums up last season very well.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2018, 06:03:15 am »

POSSIBLY .............easy to post with no facts to back up your comment Beds!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2018, 06:19:14 am »

POSSIBLY .............easy to post with no facts to back up your comment Beds!
Do you think any better prospective buyers were given a chance to take us over at the point we were offered for free and if so was there anyone to decide which offer to take? I personally think not after £4m was offered up to rebuild the ground and the club sealed the deal.
But as you say, not that it matters now, we will never know the truth.
Im hoping they manage to get some outside investment in again but that are more productive than 5su sport.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2018, 06:33:08 am »

As you know EVERY football club is up for sale!

IF anybody was eager to buy NTFC they just need to put the money up front...........I can asure you there is not and never has been a queue!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2018, 06:59:58 am »

Without KT there may not have been an NTFC to get relegated. The board would have learned important lessons and I wouldn't have thought any joy in seeing us relegated and would only be looking for positives going forward.

Unless someone knows of a wealthy backer or are prepared to put their own money up to buy the club then I am happy to see the board continue and push to make things right rather than getting the buckets out again. KT in my opinion saved this club and I would rather give him and the board an opportunity to put things right or find the right investment than slag them off for decisions I am sure they regret (hopefully that doesn't include buying this club). Having put their money on the line to save the club, invested heavily in an attempt to compete in the league only to be let down by managers making crap decisions, it must be pretty tough to take the sort of criticism that is being dished out on here towards them when they mus be hurting from the way things have gone. Yes the managers deserve criticism for the way the season has gone and the money wasted by them on players but to me the board have strived to support the club and the mangers to make this season a success hence increasing the player budget in January when the Chinese money had disappeared when they could so easily have reduced the budget and let JFH work with the squad he had. I would rather get behind the board and make next season a success rather than have a club with no owner or money again.

It's very easy to see things in black and white, KT 'save' us etc but life is rarely so simple.

Again I'll point you to the quote from Kelvin when his group took control.

"What they (council) saw in us is people that could really take the club forward"

"If we are honest you were the only bid in the room?" "No, absolutely not’. If you would have told a lot of people the deal that we ended up with, there would have been 50 people in the room’."

"We think we’re going to spend £4million investing in the future by finishing the stand and working capital."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34938496

Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2018, 08:19:34 am »

'50 people' could have asked the question if they were interested but I do not see any facts to back up that statement.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2018, 08:29:36 am »

'50 people' could have asked the question if they were interested but I do not see any facts to back up that statement.

You'd need to be aware of the deal in the first place. Not even sure our Trust were as it was always presented that we were minutes away from disaster.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2018, 08:38:47 am »

The point I'm making is KT asked the question and should be praised for that as others obviously did not.

Now is the time for supporters to ask the question our our 'supposedly' representatives on the Council for a definative decision on the leases!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2018, 09:17:18 am »

The point I'm making is KT asked the question and should be praised for that as others obviously did not.

Now is the time for supporters to ask the question our our 'supposedly' representatives on the Council for a definative decision on the leases!

I asked the question and they came back with the same old party line. Basically there is nothing to stop the East Stand from being completed and that discussions with the football club will remain private. Nothing about the lease situation even though I asked the question.

Like KT said they are like a brick wall regards any sort of communication on this matter. If they are not dealing with his legal team they are hardly going to listen to us supporters, are they?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2018, 10:41:30 am »

Locked as we already have a redevelopment thread.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: