The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:01:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pummeling The Pilgrims 21st April (H)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pummeling The Pilgrims 21st April (H)  (Read 10211 times)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« on: April 14, 2018, 19:07:53 pm »

We go again...

Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 21:31:29 pm »

Now you’ve done it! Every time the thread title references us winning we lose  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 17:57:05 pm »

Now you’ve done it! Every time the thread title references us winning we lose  Sad

Yeah!  He's not the brightest thing on two legs - so hoppit.    Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 18:16:31 pm »

Yeah!  He's not the brightest thing on two legs - so hoppit.    Wink

Grin

Freddie how did you come to pick Ramscar as your nom de plume?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 18:33:01 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Freddie Ramscar

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 18:39:07 pm »

Grin

ps Freddie how did you come to pick Ramscar as your nom de plume?

As a kid I just loved watching those slow rolling penalties on their way into goal JUST inside the post.
Every supporters heart was in mouth, was it going in or not, would the keeper get there in time to save it.
He may have missed one or two but I never witnessed one.
Great times.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 19:53:22 pm »

Easy 5-0 to us this. Plymouth are s***.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 20:09:26 pm »

So, Plymouth will be looking to get the ball in from the bye-line as many times as possible, hoping to bundle the ball home.

We need our best defensive full-backs playing, and a hard-tackling midfielder (McW or JO'T) who can cover the D when they get into the last 3rd (to stop any follow-ups from under-pressure clearances).

That's aside from their ability to drive forward with the ball from midfield.

But, the best form of defence is attack (although many managers get that the wrong way around - eg, Mourinho).  So, we need players who can peel wide into the gaps left by their advancing wing-backs/wingers, and who can drive forward with the ball in the spaces that they will leave.

This is going to be all about stonewall defending on the half-way line, and playing in behind their wide defence as early as possible.

If we don't do this, then, we may come unstuck......

Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 20:12:14 pm »

f*** it we should be all out hail marying.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 20:16:46 pm »

**** it we should be all out hail marying.
No thanks  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3181

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 20:21:37 pm »

**** it we should be all out hail marying.

LOL

(Secretly, I've got my prayer beads out.....)
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 21:30:29 pm »

We need to make sure Carey can't run the game, not stand off him like we did for Fosu in the Charlton game.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 21:38:14 pm »

We need to make sure Carey can't run the game, not stand off him like we did for Fosu in the Charlton game.

Whoever is our right-side midfielder closes him down when he on the ball, shepherding him towards our right-back, who sends him into row G.  Simple.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 21:41:49 pm »

Whoever is our right-side midfielder closes him down when he on the ball, shepherding him towards our right-back, who sends him into row G.  Simple.

Row W surely
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 23:25:42 pm »

They've sold their allocation, well over a week before the game!! Perhaps we could do with a bigger away end?  Grin

Recent away followings include 1802 to Oxford in February, 995 to Shrewsbury, 605 to Fleetwood and 3,034 to Charlton last month.

They are clinging onto the last playoff spot following the 0-0 draw with Portsmouth, the last two playoff places look to be being contested by 5 clubs all separated by just three points.

Crucially for Plymouth they have a game in hand on the rest of them....but 4 of their last 5 games are away from home.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3181

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 23:35:57 pm »

Row W surely

If you can find Row W, then be ready to cushion his fall...... Smiley

I tried to make the row position relevant to our current ground, without raising the ire of the "Redevelopment" crowd.

But, now it's out in the open: Yes, we need to develop our ground, so that our Full-Backs can properly kick the opposing wingers into Oblivion!   

(Cecelia, you are a star!!!!)
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 07:53:42 am »

Good to get a win, but shame we conceded 2 goals.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 08:22:13 am »

This really is a game where the Sixfields faithful have got to get behind the team and intimidate Plymouth .
Our side lacks confidence but I think will react to a positive atmosphere .
Whatever our hang ups about certain players and the side in general , we have to forget them for this game and don’t get on players backs if they make a mistake .
At the same time , some of our lads need to put it in and be brave - show that the club means something to them .
I hope we play two up front , but it’s possible we may not have two front players available !
Report Spam   Logged
Martin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 09:10:26 am »

I expect a similar team to that at Bury, although they will need to close down rather than standing off. I would make a few adjustments though.

O'Donnell
Facey   Taylor   Barnett   Buchanan
Crooks   McWilliams  O'Toole   Bunney
Grimes
Long

Subs: Cornell, Poole, Foley, Hoskins, Moloney - if fit, Luckassen - if fit, Bridge

I would rather have Bunney on the left than Powell as he will help defensively aand is as least as good going forward. I worry about Buchanan's lack of pace these days. At all costs we have to stop them scoring which is why I would want to see as strong a midfield as possible. If I thought it likely to happen I would replace Grimes with Foley but he seems the player guaranteed a start however he plays. We will get chances as they need the points as much as we do, so will press forward at every opportunity. It will be a case of hitting on the break. The longer we can keep them at bay the better our chance of doing that.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 09:59:52 am »

Agree that fans can play a big part on Saturday.

Over to us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 10:44:15 am »

I agree that Bunney is more of a threat than Powell but it depends on who is up for the challenge .
Bunney wasn’t in the squad on Saturday and I haven’t read he was injured .
Crooks has to come in if fit but would you replace MacWilliams with him ? Crooks and Grimes doesn’t really work and I doubt JJOT will make way .
The problem is only Long is fit up front unless Lucky is back and up for it or VV is back and up for it .
I’m not sure about Barnett and Taylor either . Maybe Poole should play instead of Barnett .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: