The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:11:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pummeling The Pilgrims 21st April (H)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pummeling The Pilgrims 21st April (H)  (Read 10220 times)
Irchy cob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 10:59:40 am »

Whether you/we like it or not I would imagine that Hoskins will be a certainty after his goal scoring cameo/performance on Saturday through the middle. It’s telling that Austin went for him as replacement for van veen and not Long.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 12:14:50 pm »

I’m not sure about Barnett and Taylor either . Maybe Poole should play instead of Barnett .

It seems we are now onto our 3rd manager this season who prefers Barnett to Poole.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest2995

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 12:27:20 pm »

Whether you/we like it or not I would imagine that Hoskins will be a certainty after his goal scoring cameo/performance on Saturday through the middle. It’s telling that Austin went for him as replacement for van veen and not Long.
Hoskins through the middle is a different proposition to Hoskins wide .
He is a threat playing deep if we play that system .
It’s his finishing that has been the problem there but goals breed confidence .
To play him behind Long would mean dropping JJOT back into deeper midfield . I’m not saying that’s a bad thing ...,,
Report Spam   Logged
bringbackbroadhurst

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 12:34:09 pm »

I too would rather see Poole than Barnett, but think Leon is there on experience.

Although, as we’ve seen with Taylor and Barnett...both are susceptible to at least one major unforced error a match! Easy to say now, but a wily Jason Taylor type DM in front of the centre backs would have helped us pick up a few more points this season. On Saturday we need JJOT to get a big meaty challenge in early doors (a la Shrewsbury at home) to lift the crowd.

Aaron Pierre can’t be far off a return now?

Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 12:49:06 pm »

I too would rather see Poole than Barnett, but think Leon is there on experience.

Although, as we’ve seen with Taylor and Barnett...both are susceptible to at least one major unforced error a match! Easy to say now, but a wily Jason Taylor type DM in front of the centre backs would have helped us pick up a few more points this season. On Saturday we need JJOT to get a big meaty challenge in early doors (a la Shrewsbury at home) to lift the crowd.

Big meaty challenge yes, but followed up with WWF, no
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:50 pm »

I have said it (for most of the season) that Grimes and JJOT should have been swapped; JJOT in front of the back four and Grimes in the more advanced creative position without having to worry about what's going on behind him.  Which would allow him to provide the ammunition and killer balls for our wider players and those through the middle running off him.  (See his advanced position to supply Hoskins on Saturday)
JJOT would naturally be a forward threat when able to do so from DM.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2018, 12:55:29 pm »

Pierre is just as much a liability I'm afraid. At least 2 new centre backs are required if we go down.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2018, 13:28:03 pm »

I thought Austin said that Poole was ill on Saturday - having said that he probably would still have gone with Barnett against bury for the experience factor (even though he’s always got a clanger in him) and the fact that he used to play for them. I’d still be tempted to go with Poole at defensive midfield but I wouldn’t imagine Austin will change it, the most interesting selection will be where he plays Hoskins - will it be through the middle where he impressed on Saturday or will he shunt him wide to accommodate crooks.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 13:36:59 pm »

Get a win against Plymouth then we will have real momentum. We will then take full allocation to Walsall feeling the escape is on. Win that then what a final game of the season! My glass is spilling over  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2018, 13:46:05 pm »

When selecting centre halves I think you also have to consider who is left / right footed .
If Taylor plays , I think the natural partner is Barnett or Pierre whereas Poole is right footed .
It would be great to have Pierre back but I suspect it’s a choice between Barnett or Turnbull .
Three at the back now seems to have been abandoned !
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 13:50:21 pm »

When selecting centre halves I think you also have to consider who is left / right footed .
If Taylor plays , I think the natural partner is Barnett or Pierre whereas Poole is right footed .
It would be great to have Pierre back but I suspect it’s a choice between Barnett or Turnbull .
Three at the back now seems to have been abandoned !

Barnett is right footed isn't he? Pierre and Turnbull are our left footed centre backs
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 14:28:31 pm »

Pierre is just as much a liability I'm afraid. At least 2 new centre backs are required if we go down.

The same Pierre that was consistently performing at league 2 level and had a trial at a championship club before we signed him?

I don't think we have seen enough of him this season to form a valid opinion to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 14:37:00 pm »

The same Pierre that was consistently performing at league 2 level and had a trial at a championship club before we signed him?
I don't think we have seen enough of him this season to form a valid opinion to be honest.

He was quite flaky to begin with, but had just started to show good form before getting injured.

I agree we should give him plenty more time before making a judgement, I for one will be glad to have him back when we start next season.
Report Spam   Logged
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 14:44:45 pm »

I'm sure he'll be better in L2 next season and would certainly keep him on, but there's a reason he's never player higher than L2 before signing for us, and also why the Championship club passed on him this summer.

You are right that we haven't seen enough of him yet, but from what I've seen he has made a few clangers (which is what I was replying to in the first place - not calling him a poor footballer).
Report Spam   Logged
#Frank

I hope you're adaptable.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2018, 18:24:23 pm »

I can't see us stopping the Pilgrims progress.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2018, 22:17:03 pm »

I can't see us stopping the Pilgrims progress.

We should try Frsnk, we should try!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 05:58:12 am »

They could be the Bunyan on the foot of our survival march...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 07:51:06 am »

Some of you lot are fcuking delusional, we scraped our first win in 10 games beating the only team below us in the league and it's a march to safety  Grin
The Pilgrims will beat us with ease.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 09:25:14 am »

Some of you lot are fcuking delusional, we scraped our first win in 10 games beating the only team below us in the league and it's a march to safety  Grin
The Pilgrims will beat us with ease.

I'm struggling to find any optimism about Plymouth. They always beat us at Sixfields and combine that with them striving for the play offs and our recent form I can't see beyond an away win.

I hope I'm wrong obviously as it would set up the Walsall game as huge but I think our season will be over at 16:45 saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 12:50:03 pm »

1400 Argyle in the away section, some talk of them coming into home areas!
Also think they are beaming game back to their Barn at Home Park (as they did for Oxford Utd game, where allocated 1800).

Also (Barton noteing comparative travel prices for Posh) they are bringing a 'Senior' coach...£34 Inc breakfast!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: