The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:20:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kevin van Veen

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin van Veen  (Read 46265 times)
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« on: April 28, 2018, 15:57:43 pm »

Can we get this lazy feckless wanker on the transfer list tonight please? Think I could have contributed more in that last 10 minutes. His continual flopping about like a dying salmon when competing for headers, and casually wandering round the pitch like a lost child, typified what has gone wrong for us this season. Not a lack of quality but a lack of application.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

NorthernCobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 16:03:36 pm »

Substitutions totally to blame for that defeat...fresh legs were needed yes but didn’t need that change. Players on the bench like Foley who has worked hard every game and could have done a much better job coming on today.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 16:05:00 pm »

Substitutions totally to blame for that defeat...fresh legs were needed yes but didn’t need that change. Players on the bench like Foley who has worked hard every game and could have done a much better job coming on today.

Correct subs imo we needed to win and pushed for it
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 16:07:36 pm »

Well I agree with 78...I'd have rather had Foley on. That would have actually been a more positive change rather than willingly going down to 10 men.
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 16:08:25 pm »

Draw would've been enough to take it to next week so stop talking s***
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 16:29:27 pm »

Disagree mate there was a gap in midfield when McWilliams and Crooks came off Crooks was playing great. I would have brought on Foley and Long for Hoskins and McWilliams. KVV is rubbish and should have stayed on the bench.

As someone mentioned as draw wouldn't have been the end of the world.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 16:31:26 pm by Dr Feelgood » Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 16:47:39 pm »

Can we get this lazy feckless **** on the transfer list tonight please? Think I could have contributed more in that last 10 minutes. His continual flopping about like a dying salmon when competing for headers, and casually wandering round the pitch like a lost child, typified what has gone wrong for us this season. Not a lack of quality but a lack of application.

Well I was there and we should have got a draw. In hindsight the subs were flawed. Would have kept Crooks and Foley for McWilliams. vV when on never had a chance; except one half chance! Hoskins for all his running never had a shot on goal(AFAIK). We missed at least two good chances.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 16:57:43 pm »

Well I was there and we should have got a draw. In hindsight the subs were flawed. Would have kept Crooks and Foley for McWilliams. vV when on never had a chance; except one half chance! Hoskins for all his running never had a shot on goal(AFAIK). We missed at least two good chances.

Disagree, we needed to go for it today. Imagine the outcry had we settled for a point today, beat oldham and still gone down (which is likely to gave happen if rochdale and walsall equal/ better our results and remember walsall have a game in hand)
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 17:02:45 pm »

To be fair, I think Van Veen is a decent player and (like many people) I was pleased when we signed him. Granted, he's been absolutely s*** in every appearance for us so far but it seems he has been carrying a knock for that time. Either way, he's only been here for a short time and he's likely to be a key player for us next season, so let's not make him a scapegoat for this whole, sorry car crash of a season.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 17:14:22 pm »

Disagree, we needed to go for it today. Imagine the outcry had we settled for a point today, beat oldham and still gone down (which is likely to gave happen if rochdale and walsall equal/ better our results and remember walsall have a game in hand)

There is absolutely no basis for your argument.

The fact is we are now down because we lost.

Had we drawn the game we wouldn't be down.

You are talking absolute rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 17:16:23 pm »

Changing shape was a mistake, we could have gone more attacking without doing that. Long for McWilliams for example JJ back into midfield. Crooks coming off was also a mistake, he was troubling them. That all said I kind of understand why he did what he did but it felt a bit naive.

What I don’t understand was, after changing shape and us being under the cosh he chucked Taylor upfront. That’s the sort of move you do when you are down if you don’t score. It’s poor game/situation management and it’s a black mark against Austin.

Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 17:17:44 pm »

To be fair, I think Van Veen is a decent player and (like many people) I was pleased when we signed him. Granted, he's been absolutely **** in every appearance for us so far but it seems he has been carrying a knock for that time. Either way, he's only been here for a short time and he's likely to be a key player for us next season, so let's not make him a scapegoat for this whole, sorry car crash of a season.
Can't you see how useless this bloke is? He really is not fit to wear the shirt and probably one of the worst players I have ever seen since Leon bloody Constantine. When Van Veen came on it was like going down to ten men. Absolute rubbish.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 17:28:00 pm »

Can't you see how useless this bloke is? He really is not fit to wear the shirt and probably one of the worst players I have ever seen since Leon bloody Constantine. When Van Veen came on it was like going down to ten men. Absolute rubbish.

Disagree - vV is a decent footballer and is a proven goal scorer at lower league level. Personally thought that Long was worse today.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 17:28:31 pm »

We'll see.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 17:34:22 pm »

There is absolutely no basis for your argument.

The fact is we are now down because we lost.

Had we drawn the game we wouldn't be down.

You are talking absolute rubbish.

No we would have delayed it till next week. By going for the 3 points we were attempting to give ourselves a chance next weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 17:40:01 pm »

No we would have delayed it till next week. By going for the 3 points we were attempting to give ourselves a chance next weekend.

If we win next week and go down on goal difference will you still feel the same?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 17:46:04 pm »

If we win next week and go down on goal difference will you still feel the same?

Yep because that won't happen. Rochdale will pick up at least a point next week. We were always going to need to take 6 points from these last two games regardless to give ourselves a chance.
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 17:50:16 pm »

Yep because that won't happen. Rochdale will pick up at least a point next week. We were always going to need to take 6 points from these last two games regardless to give ourselves a chance.

You may be right, we’ll find out next week. Personally I’d rather have the chance of staying up on the last day than be relegated a week earlier. Don’t forget a win today wouldn’t have guaranteed us anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2018, 17:54:25 pm »

You may be right, we’ll find out next week. Personally I’d rather have the chance of staying up on the last day than be relegated a week earlier. Don’t forget a win today wouldn’t have guaranteed us anything.

No, but it would have given us a much better opportunity next week as well as keeping walsall in the mix. Also don't forget rochdale were heading for a point today too till very late on. It's just my opinion but I'd have gone for it today too. Maybe hoskins should have made way rather than Mcwilliams or crooks tho.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 18:09:01 pm »

Disagree - vV is a decent footballer 
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: