The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:35:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Kevin van Veen

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin van Veen  (Read 46365 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2018, 17:54:58 pm »

He should’ve come off rather than Williams, it was clear to see he had downed tools in strop for whatever reason, now he might even face a ban after letting frustration get the better of him (if the FA do retrospective punishment in L2)
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2018, 18:11:01 pm »

I like that the first thing KvV did after the 2nd goal went in was complain that Powell didn't square it.

Do they do retrospective red cards in L2?

No.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2018, 18:31:20 pm »

He did seem to be even more stroppy than normal today - great play for the first goal but was incredibly stupid in injury time and was massively lucky that the referee didn’t take action.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2018, 18:55:14 pm »

He did seem to be even more stroppy than normal today - great play for the first goal but was incredibly stupid in injury time and was massively lucky that the referee didn’t take action.
What did he do? I saw Artell immediately go mental but didn't see the crime.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2018, 19:00:53 pm »

Raised arm in the face of their right back, it was deliberate too as he’d been wound up by him seconds earlier - I can’t believe the referee missed it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #405 on: November 03, 2018, 19:06:40 pm »

Raised arm in the face of their right back, it was deliberate too as he’d been wound up by him seconds earlier - I can’t believe the referee missed it.
Ok cheers.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #406 on: November 03, 2018, 19:07:44 pm »

elbowed their right back. Artell wigged out
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest49

« Reply #407 on: November 03, 2018, 19:26:33 pm »

I was right in front of it. There was barely contact backed up by how the player leapt to his feet. Intent, yes.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #408 on: November 03, 2018, 19:29:48 pm »

elbowed their right back. Artell wigged out
JJ had their keeper in a full Nelson second half, ref missed that as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 03, 2018, 19:41:27 pm »

I was right in front of it. There was barely contact backed up by how the player leapt to his feet. Intent, yes.

So was I - it wasn't an elbow just a deliberate flailing arm and I agree their player made the most of it but intent is all there needs to be for a red card.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 03, 2018, 19:45:33 pm »

So was I - it wasn't an elbow just a deliberate flailing arm and I agree their player made the most of it but intent is all there needs to be for a red card.

Last week we got a red that wasn't. Rough with the smooth.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2018, 07:47:23 am »

I like that the first thing KvV did after the 2nd goal went in was complain that Powell didn't square it.

Watching it back, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player look so put-out after his team have just scored?  He’s clearly not a player who’s happy not to score providing the team win. His reluctant trudge across to his celebrating team mates demonstrates that. 

A burning desire to score goals is a good trait for any striker, but I hope not to the extent that he’d prefer being on the losing side, providing he scores a goal or two?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2018, 08:28:54 am »

Watching it back, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player look so put-out after his team have just scored?  He’s clearly not a player who’s happy not to score providing the team win. His reluctant trudge across to his celebrating team mates demonstrates that. 

You clearly have not watched Christiano Ronaldo play football then!.
I think the second point is harsh too, With Powell’s shot going in Kvv’s reaction does look ridiculous but in theory he was probably right in that the most likely way to guarantee a goal in that situation was for Powell to square it for the simple tap in, he also has the most assists for the club this season which surely proves he’s a team player and not just about scoring for himself.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 04, 2018, 10:56:54 am »

he also has the most assists for the club this season which surely proves he’s a team player and not just about scoring for himself.

Stop spoiling things with the facts  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #414 on: November 04, 2018, 11:06:12 am »

KvV explained post match that at the time, he felt Powell squaring it was the best option.

Had no complaints that he hit the net.

Shame he wasn't so clinical away at MK Dons.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2018, 11:46:09 am »

The guy is working hard, and pretty much getting a goal or an assist every game. If the price to pay for what we know is a 'complex character' is a five second strop because he wanted a tap-in goal that his performance deserved, then I'm fine with that!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #416 on: November 04, 2018, 11:55:43 am »

That Fez in a nutshell is how I feel about this.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 04, 2018, 12:13:40 pm »

I would like to see him and Hildeberto Pereira work together in our front line. Come back Berto  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

AbingtonCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 04, 2018, 13:31:43 pm »

Kev is a class act

Don’t worry you won’t have to moan after January when he has moved on

We will miss him so much
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2018, 13:51:00 pm »

A burning desire to score goals is a good trait for any striker, but I hope not to the extent that he’d prefer being on the losing side, providing he scores a goal or two?

He's joined in plenty of other goal celebrations.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: