The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:04:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS ITS ALL YOUR FAULT

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS ITS ALL YOUR FAULT  (Read 7998 times)
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2018, 08:14:32 am »

Didn't KT have connections with the Eastleigh bloke who has taken over Sunderland? I wonder if there are any implications for us. Not sure why just pondering!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2018, 08:16:23 am »

The board have been very quiet recently .
I don’t blame them for on the pitch failures but you have to say they have had a stinker this season .
No stand development , managerial disasters , player disasters , Chinese embarrassment and relegation to boot .
Keep going KT , but no wonder it’s been a wall of silence .

You must have missed the YouTube video last Thursday then.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2018, 09:05:56 am »

To be fair, that interview with KT was just the standard properganda being trotted out. T
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2018, 10:20:15 am »

Didn't KT have connections with the Eastleigh bloke who has taken over Sunderland? I wonder if there are any implications for us. Not sure why just pondering!

JFH to Sunderland?
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2018, 10:26:03 am »

He would have known Stewart Donald yes, but strongly doubt it will affect us in any way.

Interestingly though, I seem to recall that Donald was a large part in paying off the compensation for Wilder to leave Oxford and come to us. Can't remember where exactly I read it, but pretty sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Turf Claret

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2018, 11:13:21 am »

Interestingly though, I seem to recall that Donald was a large part in paying off the compensation for Wilder to leave Oxford and come to us. Can't remember where exactly I read it, but pretty sure.

Definitely; it was widely commented that his major sponsorship of Oxford Utd evolved into paying for the compensation when Wilder left them.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2018, 11:18:28 am »

X 50% more at the gate..X100 % commercial income x 50% tv monies etc etc.. or are you advocating staying still and not promoting the club beyond it current levels?? Strange logic.

Are you asking the question, and providing the answer these days?  Grin

I'm just addressing that all too frequently ignored point... Reality.

I have adequately illustrated that the club is up for sale, should the right offer come in. Nobody has come in. So we are where we are. I wouldn't for one second be so bold as to dismiss any of the plethora of suggestions and message board business plans touted on here. I'm merely stating a fact. Namely, that we appear to have the current incumbent for the foreseeable future. Personally, I believe I have put as much effort into changing things as you have. Shall we call that chatting on here...  Grin  
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2018, 11:35:33 am »

My 2 cents on the situation.

On the football side:
1) It's indisputable that KT has appointed 3 managers, who've all failed for various reasons.
2) I also think it's indisputable that each manager was given all the tools including funds they needed to do well - this is all we can ever ask of a Chairman.
3) Clearly lessons need to be learnt and the next managerial appointment is going to be crucial.

On the redevelopment:
1) NBC must be one of the most inept Borough Councils in the land, and only a small piece of basic Googling on Jonathan Nunn will tell you want sort of person we're dealing with there.
2) I don't think KT can do anymore than tell us the facts as he sees them, and I honestly believe he has done this.

What is key now that we closure on the fact that we will be relegated is that we see some form of substantive plan to take the club forwards, and get us back up from League 2 ASAP.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2018, 12:28:46 pm »

Decent interview to be fair you can tell he's hurting. 3 failed managerial appointments he HAS to get the next one right, over to the council re: east stand, I feel that will run and run, they clearly (non cobbs fans would say understandably) are not going to do us any favours.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2018, 13:17:06 pm »

Decent interview to be fair you can tell he's hurting. 3 failed managerial appointments he HAS to get the next one right, over to the council re: east stand, I feel that will run and run, they clearly (non cobbs fans would say understandably) are not going to do us any favours.
He had to get the last one right
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2018, 13:26:23 pm »

Has it not occurred to anyone that with three seemingly decent managers failing in quick succession it might be something else that's the problem?
I've no idea what it could be but I'm sure others will come up with suggestions.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2018, 13:28:49 pm »

Has it not occurred to anyone that with three seemingly decent managers failing in quick succession it might be something else that's the problem?
I've no idea what it could be but I'm sure others will come up with suggestions.
Please quantify "seemingly decent" managers.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest47

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2018, 13:35:11 pm »

Please quantify "seemingly decent" managers.

I can't quantify something that's described as seemingly but the majority of people on here were seemingly at least content with each appointment.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2018, 13:46:33 pm »

No it was Wilder that had connections to him - Think he was a family friend - always offered to help Wilder out by buying him a player if needed
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2018, 13:48:06 pm »

Decent enough stuff from KT - he is a very honest bloke.

I would like to see more about his medium to long term intentions tho - possibly hard to do this with the club effectively up for sale I guess
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 02, 2018, 07:05:58 am »

Decent enough stuff from KT - he is a very honest bloke.

I would like to see more about his medium to long term intentions tho - possibly hard to do this with the club effectively up for sale I guess

Also Sammo's comments about club identity.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 02, 2018, 08:14:05 am »

I have no strong feelings either way towards KT as a person. He seems decent enough. However, as a Chairman I do think he's getting more stick than he perhaps deserves. Too many people have expectations that are way, way too high.
The game has changed. Players and to some degree managers too, no longer join clubs on the back of a vision or a master plan and I doubt very much they care whether a ground has 3 sides or 33.
Even the great English dynasties of Liverpool and Utd are no longer based on that backroom continuity and bringing swathes of youngsters through the ranks.
It's a buy now pay later generation.
So, to expect any chairman to try and be ultra detailed in anything beyond the end of their nose is probably a bit too much to expect. Sure, our ground development needs sorting but that's obvious. It'll happen. Eventually. Not worth constantly banging on about though.
On the field though, hard to expect KT to be able to say more
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2018, 08:25:34 am »

To illustrate the facts in football Chairmen face today is the case of Ross McCormack at Aston Villa.

His wages alone (in one league above us this season) is more than the whole of our players and staff put together!.........................and he has not played ONE MINUTE for Villa this season!!!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 08:28:23 am »

I have no strong feelings either way towards KT as a person. He seems decent enough. However, as a Chairman I do think he's getting more stick than he perhaps deserves. Too many people have expectations that are way, way too high.
The game has changed. Players and to some degree managers too, no longer join clubs on the back of a vision or a master plan and I doubt very much they care whether a ground has 3 sides or 33.
Even the great English dynasties of Liverpool and Utd are no longer based on that backroom continuity and bringing swathes of youngsters through the ranks.
It's a buy now pay later generation.
So, to expect any chairman to try and be ultra detailed in anything beyond the end of their nose is probably a bit too much to expect. Sure, our ground development needs sorting but that's obvious. It'll happen. Eventually. Not worth constantly banging on about though.
On the field though, hard to expect KT to be able to say more

Completely disagree. With what this club has been through we have to demand transparency. 'It'll happen' is what people were saying on the Cardoza redevelopment right up until the last minute. Fair enough if you want to see what happens but don't talk down people asking questions. That happened last time too.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 08:42:49 am »

This is why I abstained on the the KT vote.... what is transparency?

Do you expect KT to tell us everything discussed within his 4 walls?

As far as I can see he has told us where we are with redevelopment. If you think he is being dishonest, or withholding information, stick your neck out and say so and back it up with why using fact, not opinion.

He has said we will have a good budget next year, higher than when we strolled to the title.

It's all well and good going transparency, transparency...

If you look up the definition of transparency you'll probably find a few alternatives but "hearing what I want to hear" will definitely not be one of them....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: